Deleted

Unable to change email address

I'm trying to enter my new fancy email, but site says it's invalid.
    Mail is on site
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com

Deleted
    I have to admit I chuckled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jajajajajjajaja!

Wow, lol............. I WONDER WHAT HAPPENS IF I ADD YOUR EMAIL UNDER YOUR SLIG TO REAL ID

Deleted
    That email is ONLY used for this site and to see how fast scammers and spammers will start sending in crap. I have it for a week and i already have 4 spam mails now. Nothing really important is on that mail. I have 1 mail for 1 site usually
    Since i get banned a lot and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    I'm trying to enter my new fancy email, but site says it's invalid.
    Mail is on site
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com
    LOL

I have the opposite issue - an email address that is a single character before the @ symbol, and I have websites tell me all the time it's not a valid email address. It's frustrating. I guess web forms are often written to accept emails only within certain parameters, and while some of those might make sense (presence of an @ or a .something at the end), some of them (like character min/max) often disqualify legit addresses.

Luckily my pathological desire to purchase amusing domain names has left me with a wealth of alternate email addresses. BUT STILL.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    I guess that happens when idiots code websites that have no idea how real email address can look like. It's like forcing dress code to some shady cheap bar.

I'm not sure why you're so surprised and/or upset that this happened.. enough to the point to insult coders. The website explicitly states the following:

Some Webforms do not work with your email

Due to the length of the email address, some webforms are not setup to handle such a long email address, and as such, they may deem your email address as invalid or even fraudulent! This is the only email address that would allow you to fail an online webform!

If you didn't want to run into this issue on any websites, then perhaps you should choose to register an e-mail that isn't 30+ characters long.

Closing this as there's nothing to actually be done about it.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions