Thread: Account closure

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Account closure

First off, let me apologise if this is not the correct section for this thread but I am new to these forums and in dire need of a quick help. So I moved to China a couple of weeks ago for business and I have tried to get on WoW ever since. Sometimes I play from my accommodation (is a pretty secure line and my laptop is up to date with anti-virus and all) and from work as things are slow sometimes (even more secure line). Ever since I came here my account has been locked by blizz more than once as it does not recognise the access points. Yesterday night I was finally able to play a bit, lvling my lock, but when I got to work this morning I found an e-mail from blizz saying my account has been closed due to suspicious activity (selling in-game money and items for real money). This is complete bs as I am the only one that uses the account and I have no viruses or anything of the sort, but now I cant log into the game and I am worried I will not be able to at all after I have spent 3 years playing this game almost every damn day. Is there still a chance my account can be restored and I can play on my chars again or can I just kiss the whole thing goodbye?

Sorry for the long post but to sum it up my account got closed due to suspicious activity (which is not true as I am the only one that used it and I am sure of it 1000%) and I want to know if I can get it back or not

Thanks in advance champions.

Yours truly.

Zalgun

China is considered the biggest gold farming/selling country atm. If you previously logged from say, West Coast of USA, and suddenly from China, their alarms would go off and lock the account, the part about "Selling in-game money and items for real money" might just have been an overlook on their part.

I suggest calling the customer support and explaining your situation to them and it should get it resolved.

Deleted
    You should contact Blizz to get your account unlocked. Try sending a ticket through the official website (you can do that without logging in, but you'll need some sort of ID to prove that it's really you). Or you can always call them on the phone. I had a similar "account locked due to suspicious activity" problem when i tried to log into Diablo 3 on a different computer, but sending a ticket to Blizz through the official site fixed it for me

The only thing for you to do is contact blizzard, it is probably your location that triggered such a response. I let my friend from america log into my account all the time and all she has to do is go through the automatic verification procedure. You could have also been hacked, either way your chances are pretty good if you email blizz.

Probably just a security alert, because you logged in from a different IP, it happened to my friend that moved to Canada, he just opened an online ticket (through battle.net) and spoke with support and got it sorted out in less than 2 hours.

Goodluck

Thanks for the replies guys. Well as long as the account is not lost forever I am happy. Regarding contacting blizz, I have done that 7 times in the last 2 weeks as they have been locking my account ever since I have been here, I have sent them countless forms of ID to prove its just me and I have called them explaining the situation, but they still seem to not get the point. Every time its a different person replying to my tickets so I have to tell the whole story all over again. I have to stay here for 2 months I think Im just gonna stop the subscription till then cause it's not worth the hassle anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalgun View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Well as long as the account is not lost forever I am happy. Regarding contacting blizz, I have done that 7 times in the last 2 weeks as they have been locking my account ever since I have been here, I have sent them countless forms of ID to prove its just me and I have called them explaining the situation, but they still seem to not get the point. Every time its a different person replying to my tickets so I have to tell the whole story all over again. I have to stay here for 2 months I think Im just gonna stop the subscription till then cause it's not worth the hassle anymore.
    Don't send tickets anymore. Actually get them on the phone and talk to a supervisor.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I have tried calling them but the offices are still closed. I was reading through the website and it says that when you get and e-mail saying " account closure notification " it means the account is gone and cannot be returned. Is this true?? I can still log in to battle.net but when I get into the actual game it gives me error 202. Can I still get my account back?

I have tried calling them but the offices are still closed. I was reading through the website and it says that when you get and e-mail saying " account closure notification " it means the account is gone and cannot be returned. Is this true?? I can still log in to battle.net but when I get into the actual game it gives me error 202. Can I still get my account back?
    Have you tried the live chat service on the website? Thats what my friend did, it may be easier than calling them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to. They don't delete your account of the bat.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Contact Blizzard. Call them up, they probably locked the account, on suspicious activity. Seeing as China is the most know country for Gold selling/Gold farming.

Deleted
    OP do you have an authenticator?

You drop suspicious behaviour in their eyes by like 99% by having that since only you can login wherever you are in the world, and prove that you are you at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens to me every once in a while, just replace your password (make sure your PC is virus/keylogger free first) and you can log in again. Just be warry that changing IP can do this.

Mmmh I see I am a bit relieved. Anyway still 20 mins to go till they open the offices and will give them a call again. Still have a ticket pending from an hour ago so there is also that. Honestly these have been the most stressful days in my WoW career so far.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 07:47 AM ----------

Don't have one as I never had these issues before coming here but I am considering getting one as I will be travelling a lot more in the next years for work.

Don't have one as I never had these issues before coming here but I am considering getting one as I will be travelling a lot more in the next years for work.
    If you own a smart device (Android phone / tablet, Apple phone / tablet) I would download the authenticator as SOON as you get your account back (because you will if what you tell us is correct). There really is no excuse not to have one, even if you game from within the Pentagon . It's completely free unless you need a physical dongle.

Hope your problem gets resolved soon!

Z.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your account should be fine. It's just a hassle.

What has happened to your account is the result of automated processes. Blizzard cannot manually monitor 8 million accounts. It is logistically impossible. They have programs that do it for them, and when certain things happen it will trigger a response (for example when an account which normally logs on from one area suddenly starts logging on from a completely different area, it looks to the system as though that account is being used by someone else).

Most of the time these security programs do actually nail the real perpetrators, and they do a huge amount to combat hacking, goldselling etc. Unfortunately, from time to time, they will mistakenly pick up an innocent individual.

I got notification about 6 months ago that my account was permanently banned for gold selling. I queried it, and it turned out that because I was using WTFast (a tunnelling service that reduces lag) combined with the fact that I went on a bit of a spending spree at the AH (I bought all the JC mounts) I managed to trigger their system. After the GM looked at it, he told me it was a false alarm, but I should reconsider using WTFast as it isn't supported by the game and could result in more problems in the future.

This is why I loathe goldsellers, and in particular anyone who buys gold - because at the end of the day, it is the people buying gold who are the cause of these kinds of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    If you own a smart device (Android phone / tablet, Apple phone / tablet) I would download the authenticator as SOON as you get your account back (because you will if what you tell us is correct). There really is no excuse not to have one, even if you game from within the Pentagon . It's completely free unless you need a physical dongle.

Hope your problem gets resolved soon!

Z.
    I have got a nokia lumia, if it works on that as well I will defo get it as soon as I get back home

I have got a nokia lumia, if it works on that as well I will defo get it as soon as I get back home
    Lumia is Windows Phone, right?

In that case you should be good to go - look here

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...b-78e7d1fa76f8

Z.

Thanks for the link Zhira, and thank you all for your help. The offices are still closed so I will try again in a bit but at least I am not too worried about it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey man,

I had the exact same thing 2 weeks ago. I am currently in Vietnam so I had the exact same things happen to me as what you have.
    Just call them and explain the situation and it will be fixed shortly.(you might have to send a copy if your ID to them to verify it's you)