Deleted

ruggling to get into normals - too low ilvl no 6/6 :(t

Struggling to get into normal raiding which I would like to do. Everyone either says my ilvl is too low or I haven't got the achievement.

Should I just keep trying for Tôt LFR loot and SPA rep or try get lucky with a run to get achivement?

Deleted
    Get geared through lfr and write a proper application to a guild, provided you make yourself sound like you aren't 90% risk then people will be willing to give you a shot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bhoy View Post
    Everyone either says my ilvl is too low or I haven't got the achievement.
    What achievement, exactly? You get Pinnacle of Storms from doing LFR.

What is your gear/ilvl? You don't need to 'get lucky' at all. Get VP and get 522 gear.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Valor point gear and LFR tot easily gets you to 500+ ilvl which is more than enough for normal modes / join a guild.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    look for a guild with not too much progression. 6-10/12 will do fine. push your gear as much as possible through lfr and valor points. don´t just write "yo, i wanna join yer raidgroup" to a random person of that guild. politely ask for their leader or others with influence. before that, you might also want to learn about their recruitment. it´s always easier to find a spot in a raid which is actually lacking a person. and finally don´t await too much right at the start. if their group is bigger than 10/25 people (and mostly it will be) then you perhaps get benched for some bosses. show them, that you know how to play your class and that they can rely on you. and sooner as you think you´ll have a neat raidgroup.

edit: it´s also nice to be fully enchanted/gemmed. When I scan through applications I´m usually reject people who can´t afford an extra belt socket.

Try openraid.us, they have a lot of events for T14 raids that welcome new raiders, and the normal mode raids aren't too difficult if you've prepared yourself through LFR gear and watched strategy videos online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    Join a guild?
    exactly this. if you app to a guild with wanting to do normals its your best bet. otherwise you can keep trying to do normals in PUGS without any achievements. the little kids that run these usually want to get carried so they filter out anyone who actually "needs; the gear.

I see the same thing happening on my server.
    My guild is only 8/12 atm with me done only the 7 first. When i am not raiding with my guild i try to find pugs to clear bosses i need for loot, but either you get the kids that has no clue and cant get past the first 5 bosses - or the groups that demands 12/12.
    And the standard on Silvermoon isnt for you to have the achiv, but that they armory-check if you have the kills.

The clearly best bet i to run LFRs for gear, get a World of Logs account and log your LFR runs. Then apply to guilds and inclide links to WoL.
    Last edited by Lysakers; 2013-05-15 at 07:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We could probably help a bit if an armory was provided as well if you are trying to get into a normal raiding guild you may want to start logging your LFR raids and putting htem up on WOL so that the raids you would like to join can have a look and see what you are doing in a raid environment. I know LFR is not the best guage but it's much better than "nothing / I don't have any wol" when apping!