Help out our Balance Druid

A little background beforehand... We are a very casual 10man raid guild. We are all real life friends and we enjoy playing with each other a lot. We raid at most 4 hours a week sometimes even less. I am posting this because I need help counceling our Balance druid. He just got to 90 about 3 weeks ago and his dps ahs been lacking. My guess is that it is a rotation issue. He is a raid aware raider and I know that if I can point him in the right direction as to what he is doing wrong his dps will go up immensely as he is a smart player.

This is his armory (496 ilevel)
    [url]http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/Wildpeyote/simple[url]

This is a log from last night we attempted Megaera. We were doing GRGRBRG. Our strat is fairly simple, we from 3 single file lines 1 healer 2 dps, 1 healer 1 dps, 1 healer 2 dps and we move as a group and each healer dispels their group. It was the first time we attempted this boss. Again I am not concerned on wy we didnt down him as I am sure we will get him next time we raid.

Logs for Megaera
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/czcxspndh5b2gdqm/

Logs for Jinrokh, Tortos, Council (We 9 manned Jinrokh becuase one of our dps was late to the raid and our server is very dead to get pugs)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ttsmiio8adn1h49m/

I appreciate all the help in advance. I usually just delve into the logs myself and try to find any issues using other people's logs but I really have no idea how Balance druid work.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    A quick note about your strategy GRGRBRG. This requires a lot of raid movement from all the greens (in addition to raid healing). My group personally uses BRGRBGR for our normal mode kill strat in our alt raid. Anytime you force a Balance Druid to move constantly (from greens) you are going to ruin their DPS.

Megaera
    His dot uptime is low. He should be dotting the non-primary target head before it submerges in order to gain Starsurge procs. In addition, he seems to be dropping dots anytime he has to do a raid mechanic (such as Cinders). In general it seems like he doesn't know how to multitask properly (which has a learning curve when you're playing Moonkin).

Jin'rokh
    His dot uptime is very low. Everytime he gets Focused Lightning he's running out and letting his dots fall. Tell him to utilize Wild Charge & Stampeding Roar more ... maximize his uptime inside the pool. He likely isn't using something like WeakAuras to track dots either. Also he should be using Nature's Vigil for this fight as it stacks with the pool to increase your dps substantially.

Here's an article which details the heroic strategy for moonkin (it's still applicable to normal mode -- just have to ignore the heroic parts): http://manamonster.blogspot.com/2013...is-one-of.html

Your logs don't show him as being in for other fights.

I appreciate the fight specific advise. I noticed that about his dots too that they have very low uptime. I think his issue goes beyond fight specific. I just think that he is doing something terribly wrong or not doing something at all.

1) What addons do you guys use to track your dots?
    2) Are there any balance druid specific addons that could be useful to take a look at?

Rotation wise, is there anything really crucial I should tell him to look at? I know he has read the guide here in mmo champion but any other help would be extremely useful.

Thanks in advanced,

Quote Originally Posted by asantelises3 View Post
    I appreciate the fight specific advise. I noticed that about his dots too that they have very low uptime. I think his issue goes beyond fight specific. I just think that he is doing something terribly wrong or not doing something at all.

1) What addons do you guys use to track your dots?
    2) Are there any balance druid specific addons that could be useful to take a look at?

Rotation wise, is there anything really crucial I should tell him to look at? I know he has read the guide here in mmo champion but any other help would be extremely useful.

Thanks in advanced,
    1) we don't have class-specific dot trackers like locks do. Anything like weakauras or tellmewhen (which I use) will do the trick. I setup in a way that it shows 2 icons - one for each dot - with a visual clock-timer to show me the time left on my dots. When a dot run out the icon dissapear. When i switch targets it shows the dots on the currently selected target. Also, my ElvIU shows dots (with timers iirc) on the enemy health bars, helps a lot when multi dotting.

2) We have a class specific energy/power addon: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/balancepowertracker

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 04:01 PM ----------

Rotation wise:

1) BIG issue, he's not poping CA at the same time as INC. This tells me he is confused about how to use CA. He's better off macroing them together on something like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast Celestial Alignment
    /cast Incarnation

2) WTF with him poping his first Starfall almost 1/2 through the fight!?!? He should use that on cooldown. WTF!?

Talent wise:

WTF hes using Dream of the Cenarius?!!? Its a terrible talent even if he actually used it as ur supposed to, can't even say how bad is that when ur actually not using it right. OMG, tell him to switch to Hearth of the Wild for the love of god!

Symbiosis:

Saw he died to aggro on 4rth door on horridon, tell him to link with the lock to at least he can pop a big defensive during that phase. A mage would be better to drop aggro with mirror images, but doesnt look like you got one.
    Last edited by land; 2013-05-14 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    1) BIG issue, he's not poping CA at the same time as INC. This tells me he is confused about how to use CA. He's better off macroing them together on something like this:

#showtooltip
    /cast Incarnation
    Are you suggesting we should use CA at the same time as incarnation? Or are you trying to say he is not using CA during incarnation [out of normal eclipse].

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post

#showtooltip
    /cast Incarnation
    Unless I'm mistaken by your wording, you should absolutely NOT be casting these two abilities at the exact same time. The standard opener is documented at several different websites (including the Heroic Jin'rokh guide I linked earlier in the thread). Because Incarnation lasts 30s and CA lasts 15s, it is a HUGE DPS loss to cast them together. As soon as CA ends you will be sitting outside of an eclipse for 3-4 casts and completely wasting Incarnation.

Start 1 cast from Lunar Eclipse
    Starfall
    Pre-pot
    Wrath
    Incarnation & Nature's Vigil (if you're specced NV)
    Moonfire
    Sunfire
    Starfire until Starfall runs out
    Starfall
    Starfire until you reach the end of Lunar Eclipse
    Celestial Alignment
    Cast Moonfire (to reapply both of your dots at the same time)
    Starfall when the previous Starfall ends
    Cast Starfire until CA is about to end (or other temporary buffs such as pre-pot / trinkets / etc...)
    Cast Moonfire
    Continue with rotation as usual