heroic jinrokh.....

Does this really need to be 3 healed? We 2 heal everything in normal mode and our dps has never been stellar... so we 2 heal things to give us an extra dps in every situation. I keep getting arguements from almost all of my raiders , including our other healer (h pally) (I'm a resto shaman) that it needs to be 3 healed. The damage is too high blah blah blah. Although some guides I read said to go 2 heals and I think it should be 2 healable..... people get hit alot... I mean ALOT. I feel like that hits harder than the actual storm but even with Devo, HTT and Rallying Cry people die, get hit, drop like flies. I checked WoL and people get hit often, I have no experience on how easy it is to dodge because I am constantly healing people so I get hit here and there. I can't imagine as a DPS it is remotely difficult to dodge these lightning balls.

My question, do you 2 or 3 heal this? Every guild on my server 3 heals it with the logs I see..... We dont really have a 3rd healer (we do but its another resto shaman and we all know how pitiful resto shaman are on spread fights)

/frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    Does this really need to be 3 healed? We 2 heal everything in normal mode and our dps has never been stellar... so we 2 heal things to give us an extra dps in every situation. I keep getting arguements from almost all of my raiders , including our other healer (h pally) (I'm a resto shaman) that it needs to be 3 healed. The damage is too high blah blah blah. Although some guides I read said to go 2 heals and I think it should be 2 healable..... people get hit alot... I mean ALOT. I feel like that hits harder than the actual storm but even with Devo, HTT and Rallying Cry people die, get hit, drop like flies. I checked WoL and people get hit often, I have no experience on how easy it is to dodge because I am constantly healing people so I get hit here and there. I can't imagine as a DPS it is remotely difficult to dodge these lightning balls.

My question, do you 2 or 3 heal this? Every guild on my server 3 heals it with the logs I see..... We dont really have a 3rd healer (we do but its another resto shaman and we all know how pitiful resto shaman are on spread fights)

/frustrated

My guild 3 heals it, probably could two, but the enrage timer is fairly lenient IMO. I'd go for 3, and if you can't meet the enrage, consider ways you may be able to pump out more dps (druid with heart of the wild or something) - if that still doesn't work, then go for 2. Also, make sure people are speccing into their mitigation CD's, and make sure they are the right ones for this fight, no excuse not too, those tomes cost like 40 silver.

You can 2 heal it, but you are reliant on people to not get hit by diffusions during storm, and to have a proper CD rotation for them. Tanks cannot mess up taunts too for static burst.

Basically, you can't mess up the fight at all, which is why 2 healing is not ideal, because on your first kill you will probably mess a bunch of stuff up. Even if you 3 heal, the enrage is really easy to make if no one dies, even if your DPS isn't exceptional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    You can 2 heal it, but you are reliant on people to not get hit by diffusions during storm, and to have a proper CD rotation for them. Tanks cannot mess up taunts too for static burst.

Basically, you can't mess up the fight at all, which is why 2 healing is not ideal, because on your first kill you will probably mess a bunch of stuff up. Even if you 3 heal, the enrage is really easy to make if no one dies, even if your DPS isn't exceptional.
    On top of that, your healers can DPS too in the pools. There isnt that much damage during the non-AoE phase, so if they're smart, they can go and drop some dps (that's what I did in Chakra: Chastise for our first kill).

People will get hit. It's pretty hard to avoid every single ball. You can also just stack, blow raid CDs, and eat the damage. We've done both 2 and 3 heal; both are viable. 3 heal is probably easier, but by no means is it necessary.

We 3 Healed it for our first kill but now we 2 Heal it. Guess it depends how good your Healers are and if your DPS aren't dumb and take unnecessary damage. Our Melee and Tank still DPS him when he's in the middle during the orb phase and still rarely get hit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If people fuck up big time during thunderstorm you´ll die even if you 10 heal it. Due to the forgiving enrage timer go for three healers. you´ll see a third storm-phase anyway, so no gain from that.

If people are having trouble dodging lightning, I can't recommend staying near the outer grates enough. When we started doing that, we had a kill within 4-5 pulls, because it made it so much simpler for everyone that was having trouble.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    If people are having trouble dodging lightning, I can't recommend staying near the outer grates enough. When we started doing that, we had a kill within 4-5 pulls, because it made it so much simpler for everyone that was having trouble.
    This this this.
    They come straight at you, nothing behind you, just simple strafe right/left :P
    For progression we used our 2 main healers and smite priest, now we just 2 heal it.

Deleted

/frustrated
    You can 2 or 3 heal it. I see no reason to 2 heal it, as the enrage timer is a joke. If you wanna 2 heal it, your raid members can never ever ever take unecessary damage.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    For progression we used our 2 main healers and smite priest, now we just 2 heal it.
    We did the same. The boss is indeed easier with 3 healers only because of the lightning storm phases, for pools disc was smiting and I was doing HotW dps. (Dispelling is also easier, until you learn how to let the debuff run out by itself safely.)

With 2 healers, you get one lightning storm phase less, so that has its advantages too. With everyone on ~520 gear now, the boss only takes 4 minutes to go down.

10+ Year Old Account
    How good are you peeps at moving? Bad? 3 heal. Great? 2 heal. Got a disc? 3 heal and have them smite.

We 2 heal it and we are only 2HC's into it.

It's dependant on raid comp (we have pala tanks :P) Damage isn't bad at all outside of lightning phases, if people take avoidable damage, as someone said, 10 healers wont be enough. The enrage is super leniant but imo a shorter fight gives a better chance of success, if dropping a healer means one less lightning phase then try to 2 heal it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this really need to be 3 healed?
    Now that's a stupid question. This really depends only on your raid group.
    Do your damage dealers do well? Do you take a lot of damage during the fight? Then there's no harm using three healers.
    Do you hit enrage timer? Do you have problems with downing adds and things like that? Then you should consider trying to tackle the boss with more DDs..

I'm not talking about Jin'rokh, but boss encoutners in general. It's always a matter of your group personal preference/perfromance.
    For example we first tried Megaera going GRGRGRG with three healers, but raid was actually taking more damage because heads lived longer. But we did ok with 2 healers.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    I checked WoL and people get hit often, I have no experience on how easy it is to dodge because I am constantly healing people so I get hit here and there.

/frustrated
    If ppl are getting hit a lot 3rd healer will not change anything.If you 2 heal megeara and lei shen normal and you havent done heroics, then your healers are healing more than enough, and your raid in general have enough good raid cooldowns. Have your ppl stop dpsing and just dodge. If you are a healer heal when u see u wont need to move, dont ignore moving to heal ppl, if they have been prehotted no1 would need healing in the lightning storm to survive it if they dodged.
    Maybe try sticking to walls, so u dont have lightnings from behind to suprise you.

Best advice i can give u is: Check the dps, if 2 healers would mean u wont see 3rd storm or boss would be <5%, 2 heal it. If not 3 heal it untill u get comfy with the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    This this this.
    They come straight at you, nothing behind you, just simple strafe right/left :P
    I still find it funny that "smite priest" is considered something else than just a healer. Disc priests are supposed to use smite as their main filler for healing, no just to act like a half dps. A disc priest can easily top healing done on jin'rokh smiting 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Now that's a stupid question. This really depends only on your raid group.
    Do your damage dealers do well? Do you take a lot of damage during the fight? Then there's no harm using three healers.
    Do you hit enrage timer? Do you have problems with downing adds and things like that? Then you should consider trying to tackle the boss with more DDs..

I'm not talking about Jin'rokh, but boss encoutners in general. It's always a matter of your group personal preference/perfromance.
    For example we first tried Megaera going GRGRGRG with three healers, but raid was actually taking more damage because heads lived longer. But we did ok with 2 healers.
    Main issue is our offspec healer is basically 1/2 a healer, he is inexperienced and has little gear. He pulls good dps numbers. So we lose high dps player for 1/2 a healer. We 2 heal every single normal mode including RGRGRG megaera since week 2. As previously stated, we tend to 2 heal for more dps since all of our dps arent all at the top of their potential.... so I hate 3 healing generally unless its 100% necessary. I guess people are going to get hit anyways so its better than have another 1/2 a healer than die. Just sucks. Me and the other healer always feel like in every encounter higher dps makes our life easier. In almost every situation.

Thanks for the advice everybody.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    If ppl are getting hit a lot 3rd healer will not change anything.If you 2 heal megeara and lei shen normal and you havent done heroics, then your healers are healing more than enough, and your raid in general have enough good raid cooldowns. Have your ppl stop dpsing and just dodge. If you are a healer heal when u see u wont need to move, dont ignore moving to heal ppl, if they have been prehotted no1 would need healing in the lightning storm to survive it if they dodged.
    Maybe try sticking to walls, so u dont have lightnings from behind to suprise you.

Best advice i can give u is: Check the dps, if 2 healers would mean u wont see 3rd storm or boss would be <5%, 2 heal it. If not 3 heal it untill u get comfy with the fight.
    Thank you. I feel like this is the case and thus why I didnt go 3 healers week one. Perhaps we have to, but people just get nailed left and right.