Thread: CRZ and you

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I as altoholic have leveled several toons since CRZ, playing on a PVE server.
    My experience is mainly <lvl 15 and in outlands/northrend, since there is no real need to level "outside" from 15 to 58. And with removing the automated flight paths, they even took out the last incentive to go leveling outside of dungeons since it is pointless to walk 5-15 minutes to the next questing area when your dungeon invite is coming in half the time and turning the mobs grey.

So this in mind, I have only had bad experience with CRZ. While many of the cata redesigned quests are able to support many people doing them at once (mob sharing, or mob drops quest item on the ground), some don't. One example might be in Westfall, you have to do some eavesdropping on bandits. There are four of them, and you have to tag one of those after listening to them for about 90 seconds when they become attackable. At times, there are dozens of people standing there and competing for the mobs, not only leveling chars, but also lvl 90s who want to complete their achievement, all spamming AoE. This often means that one get the tag of the four, "wasting" three other possible slots. That means you have to wait about 30s for the respawn of the mobs, plus the RP time, and the people waiting are getting more instead of less. I often decide to end questing at that point, and start grinding mobs to reach level 15.

Sure, this is a typical example where grouping up would help - since you are not yet in a lfd queue. But even if LFD queues would not drop when you join a group, grouping up or even talking to other players is something that simply has no place anymore in wow. I don't deny that group quests in vanilla caused many social contacts, I met several of my still-ingame friends while leveling.
    But that was another time. It took a time to get your group together while leveling, especially because quite in the opposite to CRZ the areas were not swarming with people. And this caused direct interaction with other people. Then we would talk about quests, if I know how to find this, were can I turn in that. People had questions about the game, and there were no in-game addons or websites where you could find every answer you could have in the game. Today if someone asks me where to find something - and if someone does, you can be sure he is new to the game, which is not very common anymore - I simply tell him to look it up at wowhead. Not because I want to behave like a asshole or a teacher, but simply because this is the most efficient way to find it. Before I write several paragraphs to describe where he should go, he will find a map with an X on it.

So, what I want to say is that CRZ only creates the illusion of a world full of players who interact. They don't, because they don't have to. And I am fairly certain there is no way of designing the game so that it feels like in old times. Even if they would create new group quests that would require finding a suitable group (not like the pre-cata group quests that you could roflstomp with every heirloom char), I bet 90% of people levelling would simply skip those. You would find dozens of skeletons because people would try them alone.

The truth in my eyes is quite obvious: Leveling is not about exploring or discovering, but about efficiency. "Socializing", even writing "hi" at the start of a dungeon, does not fit in there.

So I don't see any positive aspects about CRZ, only how it affects me negativly with more competition on mobs and nodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    snip wall of text
    While exceptions are there. You my friend summed it up rather nicely and how it really is. Enjoyed reading your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    CRZ is just a terrible thing if you're levelling on a PVP-server, it slows you down by a lot when you try to gain your levels.

They could at least made it optional IMO.
    Since the independent zones still exist, only the players of some realms are transferred to the most populated one, it's a WAY SMARTER thing to do.

It would give Blizzard WAY MORE information about their players than forcing everyone. They could even put CRZ as DEFAULT, and forcing people to change to SRZ every log-in. But data about their players would benefit way more with optional CRZ.

I disliked it so much I switched to a server that doesn't have it. It's great levelling alts now - no waiting for respawns, no level 90s from different servers farming ores and herbs (although of course there are level 90s from this server doing it), no rares that disappear when you change zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    http://wowpedia.org/Cross-realm_zones

What you are probably seeing is someone in a group from a pvp or rp realm.
    Then it's someone grouped, I take. Though, still doesn't change the fact that I hate it, haha. And as someone just said, CRZ isn't the problem, people are - which is quite true.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by a1derful1 View Post
    Srsly...I WOULD PAY TO TURN OFF CRZ! If Blizzard added that next to the +XP potion in the in-game store, I would buy all. I'm willing to bet that Blizz would make a killing off that if they sold it!! I wouldn't even be mad....it'd be one of those "shut up and take my money" moments...lol
    Ditto :d /10
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Then it's someone grouped, I take. Though, still doesn't change the fact that I hate it, haha. And as someone just said, CRZ isn't the problem, people are - which is quite true.

That I do agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    CRZ is just a terrible thing if you're levelling on a PVP-server, it slows you down by a lot when you try to gain your levels.

So you are mad that pvp happens on a pvp server? If you don't like it roll on a pve server.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

They should make pvp servers optional.... oh wait.... They do.
    So he can't be irked by the fact that his game experience suffered due to a mandatory change that wasn't warranted?

I hope your other 4,000 posts are a little more intelligent.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he can't be irked by the fact that his game experience suffered due to a mandatory change that wasn't warranted?

I hope your other 4,000 posts are a little more intelligent.
    He is complaining about pvp on a pvp server. If he didn't want that to happen he should have rolled on a pve server. This is the stuff you agree to be ok with when you play on a pvp server.

I hope you 213 post shows a little more common sense then this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    So people are the problem and Blizzard couldn't foresee that. Hmmm who to blame... human nature or a billion dollar compagny?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    So you are mad that pvp happens on a pvp server? If you don't like it roll on a pve server.
    Players that rolled on PVP servers back in time before CRZ knew what they were getting into with having pvp happen when they were leaving up alts before CRZ now with CRZ its brought in the butt heads from many other realms that just compounds the ganking 100 fold then before the PVP realms had CRZ....that is what pissed off pvp players on PVP realms they knew how to deal with their own realms players not the +2000 or so other idiots that CRZ brought to their realms.

He is complaining about pvp on a pvp server. If he didn't want that to happen he should have rolled on a pve server. This is the stuff you agree to be ok with when you play on a pvp server.

I hope you 213 post shows a little more common sense then this one.
    Try again...

Pretty sure that says CRZ is the problem and you were just being a jerk cuz interwebz make you strong!
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

Deleted
    Ive got no idea how CRZ works or how much stress it puts on servers, but could you get rid of the CRZ lag by implementing a system where it loads players in the realm youre in, but also loads players from bordering zones as well?

Therefore it wouldnt have to load up a new CRZ and lag loading players for every new realm you go in, because it wouldve been loaded

I.e You enter Stonetalon Mountains, it also keeps track of where players are in Ashenvale, Feralas, Barrens etc.

Overcrowding is killing leveling experience. Leveling is solo content for me. Other peoples are just desturbing me - not helping. It's due to obsolete "cuncurrent" content mechanics.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Meh, I've played on PvP servers since the first day I got the game but transferred to a PvE realm a few months ago. I got tired of the constant ganking going on and everyone defending it by calling it PvP. My ass.

10+ Year Old Account

Try again...

Pretty sure that says CRZ is the problem and you were just being a jerk cuz interwebz make you strong!

If anyone needs to try again it's you.

The thing I hate most about CRZ is hunting rares. If a realm is CRZed with 4-5 other realms then all rares should have a 4-5 times faster respawn time imo. This could probably easily become abused but cmon, how else are we suppose to get our rare drop mounts & achievements? :/
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

I occasionally see some other people, especially in zones like Hellfire Peninsula or Blasted Lands. The most I've seen about it is more level 90s killing NPCs in town, which really barely happened before. I'd like them to expand it more, right now it does nothing other then adding more people in low level zones.

If anyone needs to try again it's you.
    That's pretty sad...lol...if you can't read what you highlighted then the educational system has failed you. He did not say pvp servers were terrible. He said CRZ was terrible on pvp servers....just as it is, imo which many would agree, on pve servers.

You think just maybe he could have been on a pvp server before CRZ went into effect? The "norm" is not the same pre and post CRZ. Just saying "it's a pvp server" is absentminded.