Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've mentioned this to the two friends I have who used to play Rift, and both say they will definitely give it a try again once it goes F2P.

I've paid for 1 year subs since the game started, got the collector's edition, and have bought all of the mounts and shit they've had for sale. Best part? I don't even have the game installed lol. My highest level character is like 37 or something, and I haven't actually logged into the game more than a few times to pick up the new stuff I bought. Why, you may ask? I really think Trion is an amazing company, and feel the need to continue to support them. I will play Rift once my friends come back, for sure. But doing it solo just didn't pique my interest since I still had WoW to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I'm happy to hear this and will be returning to the game full time. Rift is a great game and has had its success, it would be nice to see more companies following Trion and getting away from the pay2play model... its run its course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree w/ Wocky!

10+ Year Old Account
    sweet man!!!

The launch of rift was a magical thing, the constant patches, the game just always continued to get better... then, as the months went on, I start to see these advertisements from Trion about some other game that I could care less about being developed on their main page. How am I... a paying customer supposed to react if a company of your size starts to drain resources to work on another game when your vision is "to be the best mmo on the market" Well trion you sure didn't show it, you did have the best mmo on the market, someone really messed up at trion, and it pisses me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    The launch of rift was a magical thing, the constant patches, the game just always continued to get better... then, as the months went on, I start to see these advertisements from Trion about some other game that I could care less about being developed on their main page. How am I... a paying customer supposed to react if a company of your size starts to drain resources to work on another game when your vision is "to be the best mmo on the market" Well trion you sure didn't show it, you did have the best mmo on the market, someone really messed up at trion, and it pisses me off.
    You do realize that companies will run multiple projects with independent budgets and funding...right? I'm not saying that Defiance had no affect at all on Rift, but blaming it for all Rifts recent problems is a stretch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always liked Rift but the thing is that i like WoW more ... i played the Rift Beta up to level 30 and i bought the Collectors Edition like 1 year ago, and i really enjoyed the game a lot, but i cannot afford to have 2 15$ subs, so i had to stop playing my 40ish Defiant Warrior and focus on my WoW Warrior and MoP.

Recently i saw the Raptor deal, so i downloaded the program and played a guardian lowbie to get Storm Legion and 30 days for free. I did got Storm Legion but i didnt get the 30 days because i already had an account and i got sad because of it and thought "oh well, if they ever go F2P ill come back"

1 week later this happens!! color me excited, ill be back to Telara playing and leveling a new character on June!

Deleted
    I welcome this change but with a degree of concern.
    I played WoW, Rift ans SWTOR as a subscriber and now am a part of a small community of one long-forgotten f2p p2w mmo.
    I tried many f2p MMOs and the quality of community varies from title to title. So it will be seen what kind of people will flood Trion's servers.
    Another concern is the frequency and quality of updates. Some titles have sparse updates with almost zero content or the same recycled stuff with item mall slapped on top of everything (like buy an item to enter a dungeon). Other titles (like The Secret World) are quite good with updates which cost a bit of money.
    As for subscriptions they should be in the past. People buy a game and should play it without extra charge because they paid for it. If people want new content they can pay for it and enjoy.

Quick question:

If we buy Rift before the 12th of June, we get the "expansion souls", does that mean if we don't buy it before the 12th we free players can never play those souls? I have Rift standard edition just not SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Icycoldd View Post
    Quick question:

If we buy Rift before the 12th of June, we get the "expansion souls", does that mean if we don't buy it before the 12th we free players can never play those souls? I have Rift standard edition just not SL.
    If you can find a copy of Storm Legion at any point, you get the 4 souls.

While it's not confirmed, it's assumed that they will be selling access to them through the cash shop. Would be kinda pointless not to sell them there as that's a potential revenue source.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has arguably been the best weekend I have spend in a WoW-type mmo since the weekend I sat down to play GW2 when it came out. So many players! New players - the "3 month veteran" has been popping as people log into the starting zone and I am seeing people with original "ancient turtle" mount, so people that used to play are coming back too, it seems.

I rolled a guardian for the first time and the starting zones are packed - even on old "low-population" servers. Really had a blast... Went to bed at like 3am and only just woke up - as the g/f is busy with her accounting modules for the day, I'm hopping into the shower and going to play some more. Got a little dwarf warrior and am going to try my hand at tanking again.

Considering that, by now, I have the situational awareness of a deer caught in the headlights of a car, it's going to be a fun learning experience ^^

Quote Originally Posted by gutfang View Post
    I tried many f2p MMOs and the quality of community varies from title to title. So it will be seen what kind of people will flood Trion's servers.

The people are already flooding, and I never seen anyone offensive towards other players. Everyone asking for advices get them instantly, there's no 'go google noob' bashing, people are joking, it's generally a pleasant experience.

I just started a few days ago, but I have really high hopes for the game. Didn't disappoint me so far, maybe it will be my new WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    The one thing I disliked about Rift was the needless amount of abilities. Its not remotely fun having to keybind 20-30 different abilities or putting 5-7 in macros and just spamming a macro.
    This. I thought the sheer amount of abilities was overwhelming. However, now it's going F2P I might give it another try.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might come back to play aswell, being a rift veteran. I stopped cause the worlds were just dead, barely any players but this sounds great, I loved the big events with the rifts

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    The people are already flooding, and I never seen anyone offensive towards other players. Everyone asking for advices get them instantly, there's no 'go google noob' bashing, people are joking, it's generally a pleasant experience.

I just started a few days ago, but I have really high hopes for the game. Didn't disappoint me so far, maybe it will be my new WoW.
    In my experience so far, the worst part of the community seems to be the long-time subscribers that are bitter that other people now get to play in their sandbox. These are few and far between, however, and my observations of the public chat channels have been mostly positive. We'll see if that continues beyond the true F2P date, but so far the community is lively and pleasant (even if everyone still likes to talk about WoW an awful lot).

Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    In my experience so far, the worst part of the community seems to be the long-time subscribers that are bitter that other people now get to play in their sandbox. These are few and far between, however, and my observations of the public chat channels have been mostly positive. We'll see if that continues beyond the true F2P date, but so far the community is lively and pleasant (even if everyone still likes to talk about WoW an awful lot).
    Yeah, I didn't see such people myself, but I bet there are some.

As for talking about WoW, well, it's not unreasonable. I keep feeling like I'm playing improved WoW with different graphic style. :P

Genuinely happy about this, haven't got the money for two MMO's, or paying for a month just to see if I'm still into Rift. If WoW has a long period of no new/interesting content I'll happily switch over to paying for Rift stuff for a while, but a free period is needed to justify it first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    (even if everyone still likes to talk about WoW an awful lot).
    This annoys the shit out of me..

I'm in the "want to play two MMOs but can't pay two subs" camp so i'll be coming back for F2P as well, woo. Finally might hit max level. I haven't played since before Storm Legion came out so there'll be lots of new places to explore..

Quote Originally Posted by maniac2009 View Post
    The one thing I disliked about Rift was the needless amount of abilities. Its not remotely fun having to keybind 20-30 different abilities or putting 5-7 in macros and just spamming a macro.
    I don't agree with this.
    About 3 months after Rift launch I stopped playing, due to friends playing other games.
    During this time, any of my characters only used about 7-8 abilities during 95% of the encounters.

Now that I've returned, the amount of abilities needed/used actually decreased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.