Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

What is your opinion regarding Legendaries in MOP?

I personally do not like how they decided to implement legendaries in MOP, it has always been a weapon. I have always main a bear so I have never gotten a chance to get a legendary but I still like the idea of working towards one as a guild. So far in MOP there has been no real legendary and there is only one raid left to implement one. Every expansion has released at least two legendaries, will MOP be the exception ? What are your thoughts, do you like how they are implementing them?

What they are doing now is the only sensible way to have legendaries in the game. The old way caused way to much drama and chaos and simply wasn't worth it.

That said I wish they just didn't make legendaries anymore. They are pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is already a thread on the forums about this subject, no need to make tons of duplicates.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ndaries-in-WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Not a big fan of what they did. In my brain Legendary = Badass looking weapon with a godlike proc. Hence there is no legendary in MoP (imo).

Wrathion's questline around MoP's legendary is great, in my opinion. (Specially when he turns himself into a Black Whelp.)

Main point you have to focus is "So far". I would be really, really surprised if it doesn't culminate with a Weapon on SoO (5.4). In fact, I actually consider that already as truth and am in fact thinking if there will be weapon drops on SoO as well. Remember when DW kept dropping those Agi Daggers when your rogue had Oranges? Considering "everyone" will get weapons (not only a Rogue or a Caster), this might be tricky loot-wise. Hmmm. Maybe you get some item to upgrade an SoO weapon into Legendary Quality (and thus becoming another weapon, with procs, etc).

Working towards one as a guild have a couple of downsides as well. I suppose variety is good.

I'm sure many people will disagree with me, but I actually like how the legendary system has been implemented in MoP. At first I was a bit disappointed that legendaries weren't a limited resource, but soon realized that it's actually not a bad thing to open up legendaries to the entire community.

I skipped over Cata, but from what I heard, certain fights almost relied on having a legendary mage in your raid (at least early on I assume?) to reach DPS requirements. It's also really lame when you pour months of resources into a single weapon and have that player hop to a new guild or quit the game.

The new system certainly "dilutes" owning a legendary (in the sense that everyone now has a good chance to get one), but I think it's a good move for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Not a big fan of what they did. In my brain Legendary = Badass looking weapon with a godlike proc. Hence there is no legendary in MoP (imo) yet.
    Fixed it for you.

Well it's pretty hard for me to have an opinion of it when it's not even finished.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

So far it's neat. Playing catchup on the quest has been a bit of a bitch, but I think the overall message of this expansion has been 'play on a regular basis' anyhow.

It's nice that they took the drama out of legendaries but if there ends up being an overabundance then they won't be special, just the norm.

I also hope they make it easier to catch up on the quest line too. People who have switched chars or have alts may be much further behind. I have a feeling we may have another dragonwrath/DS situation in the SoO raid where players/guilds without legendaries are at a large disadvantage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

I see a lot of people assuming that we don't end up with a kickass weapon. It's already been confirmed that we WILL get one. Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Working towards a legendary with the guild is soooooo awesome . . .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtHvCkmxKtw

It's all true you know. Not as awesome as it is cracked out to be.
    Lol dude, this vid is awesome - that's exactly why i disliked the prev way of legendary: only a few select ppl would have it and screw the rest. Now it is possible to whoever wants to work towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmaster View Post
    I personally do not like how they decided to implement legendaries in MOP, it has always been a weapon. I have always main a bear so I have never gotten a chance to get a legendary but I still like the idea of working towards one as a guild. So far in MOP there has been no real legendary and there is only one raid left to implement one. Every expansion has released at least two legendaries, will MOP be the exception ? What are your thoughts, do you like how they are implementing them?
    we WILL be getting weapons in 5.4 blizzard has confirmed this. and i think the legendary in mists is the best one, it causes no drama and takes an entire expansion worth of work to do and is basically a "be here or miss out" type of thing, think about it, imagine you never did the legendary questline and all of a sudden you are level 100 or 95 or whatever and want to do it.

well either you need to xp lock at 90 and spend months farming ever lfr every week to get it done or you have to round up a bunch of friends and do EVERY TIER of mists of pandaria until you finish it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 01:44 PM ----------

not to mention its awesomely filled with lore (titan stuff, old god stuff, mogu stuff, dragon stuff, BURNING LEGION STUFF) and its filled with foreshadowing and anduin and wrathion are the best buddies in warcraft.

its definitely one of the best questlines for lore nerds like me
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Bearmaster View Post
    Because working towards a legendary as a guild for one person only for that person to leave in a few weeks was always fun? Along with how everyone felt they were entitled to it and got upset at who got it. The old system caused a lot of problems for guilds. The newer system makes it more fair and reduces the strife that it causes. As everyone it technically working on the progress (unless you spam LFR and even then others help you) and everyone still sees the benefits.

Wait? Do people actually consider this legendary? I might 'agree' that a expansion-wide questline is epic and awesome, but this is not legendary. Most recent legendaries have been mediocre at best and this one just takes the cake of suckiness. It's cool to have such a quest-line available to everyone with decent rewards, but this is not legendary material. NOT ONE BIT.

I think this is the "right" way to do legendaries - an epic quest that touches on every aspect of the expansion and its storyline rather than extremely rare RNG based drops - and hope it is their model going forward for all expansions to come.

As mentioned previously, catching up could be a bitch though. Instead of tinkering around with it in 5.1, they should have left it as it was, so new or returning players or alts didn't end up having Wisdoms continue to pile up week after week while they waited for the required Powers to drop. (This includes players who ran MSV every single week despite what GC thinks.)

While I like the system of distribution, I feel it is too long of a chain. I'm still running it on three characters, and I'm fine with it being hard though. Of course prestige items that cost a lot of effort to get are great. But for Legendaries, working actual years to finally get it I feel is cumbersome.

For one expansion, it's good. It's been new and experimental, and Wrathion is great.

I don't think this concept will be this well-recieved a second time, when we know what's coming. I don't want to work on another Legendary I can't even see yet for another 18 months. Two or three patches I could possibly agree to, but not another -entire- expansion.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2013-05-14 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    That said I wish they just didn't make legendaries anymore. They are pointless.
    Umm...why?. its one item slot?, if people are willing to put in the crazy time to get a legendary, then well done you deserve it. If your lucky enough to see one drop, well done you deserve it.

In a game thats stepping each day further and further away from true individuality between characters, perhaps legendaries are one of the points that separate one purp'ed out character from another.

That said, i have never equipped or owned a legendary, but thats kind of the point im making. i look at legendaries and go, WOW that weapon is cool. maybe one day i will work towards that, aka having a goal in a game that is slowly stripping individual choice away.

Personally i think a AGI staff legendary is the way to go now, Monks/Druids

So far my favorite. Love the way to do it, love how there's not insane drama over it cuz only some can get it, it's just nice. Not done yet, of course, but I'm confident it'll stay nice till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    NOT ONE BIT.
    Legendary = months long RNG-fest with some gold investment and storytelling elements.

Only thing that differs from previous expansions to this one is that more than 1 person per raid group can get it while it's relevant.