Thread: 5.3 elite gear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Oh, I'm aware, but it is nice to be rewarded for getting rating. I've got 2 alts that are 2k+ along with my main who is 2.3k+ RBG/2150 arena (this season), my alts are extremely undergeared yet I make it work. On my warlock I did 8 RBGs last night, went 8-0, gained 40 points, the thought of needing to bring my rating up to 2500 to buy the tabard in 5.3 is just painful because assuming you win every game from 2200-2500 you are still looking at 50ish wins? Just leave it how it was, 2.2k+ = t2, if you can't get t2, sorry, too bad. Rather then changing the gear system they should fix the MMR system so I don't que into a 1700 team after going 25-0 in 2s at the 1600-1700 bracket.
    yea i dont like the MMR system either really.. but i think it's more a lack of participation than the system itself sometimes.

the t2 weapons etc don't bother me at all.. maybe i'm in the minority tho.

Most of you have flawed logic. There is a seperation in PvP and PvE. As there should be. I want PvP gear for PvP. Not for pve. Stop comparing ilvl. Stop comparing gear sets. If you are someone who like pve. Then go pve but don't cry when your in open world on a PvP server getting crapped on by someone in PvP gear. Deal with it. Go roll on a rp server or a non PvP server. In no way should someone in pve year beat someone in PvP gear unless the person totally sucks. The biggest imbalance in the game is having to level out stats on pve gear so that mechanics like resilience and PvP are even affective which we can see they aren't. If someone wearing pave gear can out damage and rock someone in full PvP gear then its pointless to have gear seperation. Giving any character an advantage in gear is a recipe for disaster. Balancing gear stats then balancing classes after the fact then it would be much easier for blizz to balance class damage some classes are burst some sustained some tanky. That's the class dynamic. Its not imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    yea i dont like the MMR system either really.. but i think it's more a lack of participation than the system itself sometimes.

the t2 weapons etc don't bother me at all.. maybe i'm in the minority tho.
    The reason i am protesting against the changes, is mostly because I imagine/assume I will stop playing at BIS gear. Or play a lot less. You do need a carrot on a stick to keep going.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    surely people should get out what they put in? thats the whole point isnt it? im not an elite pvper and barely raid any more but Id have thought removing the reward for those that do will just kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Villain1117 View Post
    Most of you have flawed logic. There is a seperation in PvP and PvE. As there should be. I want PvP gear for PvP. Not for pve. Stop comparing ilvl. Stop comparing gear sets. If you are someone who like pve. Then go pve but don't cry when your in open world on a PvP server getting crapped on by someone in PvP gear. Deal with it. Go roll on a rp server or a non PvP server. In no way should someone in pve year beat someone in PvP gear unless the person totally sucks. The biggest imbalance in the game is having to level out stats on pve gear so that mechanics like resilience and PvP are even affective which we can see they aren't. If someone wearing pave gear can out damage and rock someone in full PvP gear then its pointless to have gear seperation. Giving any character an advantage in gear is a recipe for disaster. Balancing gear stats then balancing classes after the fact then it would be much easier for blizz to balance class damage some classes are burst some sustained some tanky. That's the class dynamic. Its not imbalance.
    They are not handing in a gear advantage. The player is earning it by working for it.
    I could argue that handing in a gear equality will hurt the game more because there is no motivation to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Oh, I'm aware, but it is nice to be rewarded for getting rating. I've got 2 alts that are 2k+ along with my main who is 2.3k+ RBG/2150 arena (this season), my alts are extremely undergeared yet I make it work. On my warlock I did 8 RBGs last night, went 8-0, gained 40 points, the thought of needing to bring my rating up to 2500 to buy the tabard in 5.3 is just painful because assuming you win every game from 2200-2500 you are still looking at 50ish wins? Just leave it how it was, 2.2k+ = t2, if you can't get t2, sorry, too bad. Rather then changing the gear system they should fix the MMR system so I don't que into a 1700 team after going 25-0 in 2s at the 1600-1700 bracket.

I think it is a good direction where Blizzard is going. Yes people work hard for T2 or they got boosted really hard. But this time when you reach 2200 you don't get more stats but just cosmetic gear and some other stuff. But you still get rewarded for achieving that rating.

They will prob go futher into this and add more stuff that you can get. In the end you shouldn't have an advantage because you got more gear but because you have more skill (or you roll FOTM) :>

Maybe this won't work out just like what they did this patch with no requirement at all but hey, they already changed that.
    Last edited by Ridethelight; 2013-05-16 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    to be honest... its usually the bad pvp'rs that complain they arent getting higher level pvp gear then everyone else.
    Yup, its been my experience that its mostly sub 2k players that complain about not being able to "outgear" the competition. They don't want "fair" they want to smash someone undergeared.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    The reason i am protesting against the changes, is mostly because I imagine/assume I will stop playing at BIS gear. Or play a lot less. You do need a carrot on a stick to keep going.
    Thats not true at all. The game I used to obsess over before wow was Halo 2. I played the hell out of that game. It was all about mastering the game. There was no "gear progression" and it was insanely popular. The "carrot" can be mastering a class instead of gear. Or getting higher ratings, etc. I personally don't need a gear advantage to have fun. In fact I won't even bother with crappy geared players half the time, I'm not kidding. If someone who is obviously extremely undergeared attacks me I ignore them. Sometimes I just cc them and then leave and find another opponent or go for an objective. I derive no pleasure from 3 shotting someone undergeared, it isn't rewarding to me in the slightest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokatii View Post
    Yup, its been my experience that its mostly sub 2k players that complain about not being able to "outgear" the competition. They don't want "fair" they want to smash someone undergeared.
    It's not even about gear, it's about any kind of meaningful reward that isn't complete trash or only accessible to rank 1. There isn't anything worthwhile.

Thats not true at all. The game I used to obsess over before wow was Halo 2. I played the hell out of that game. It was all about mastering the game. There was no "gear progression" and it was insanely popular. The "carrot" can be mastering a class instead of gear. Or getting higher ratings, etc. I personally don't need a gear advantage to have fun. In fact I won't even bother with crappy geared players half the time, I'm not kidding. If someone who is obviously extremely undergeared attacks me I ignore them. Sometimes I just cc them and then leave and find another opponent or go for an objective. I derive no pleasure from 3 shotting someone undergeared, it isn't rewarding to me in the slightest.
    And because that was such a good system they went about adding achievments, cosmectic stuff and a level system in halo 4! Cause people totaly love to play for no reward whatsoever. By that logic we could remove gear from raids aswell without any ill consequence.

They are not handing in a gear advantage. The player is earning it by working for it.
    I could argue that handing in a gear equality will hurt the game more because there is no motivation to keep going.
    Wrong. The motivation for PvP is winning.

Deleted
    People want to win because they're usually rewarded in some way and for the prestige, if there is neither there is little reason for being competitive.

Winning is the reason people PvP. Like I said before. You want gear progression then go play PvE

Deleted
    Winning is the reason people PvP. Like I said before. You want gear progression then go play PvE
    And people want to win because they are being rewarded for winning!

We now have a more communist PvP community than ever before with everything for everyone and guess what, the participation and motivation is as low as never before.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    And people want to win because they are being rewarded for winning!

We now have a more communist PvP community than ever before with everything for everyone and guess what, the participation and motivation is as low as never before.
    Not to sound insulting but you must be a Lil kid if you think you deserve a reward for pvping. Bragging rights is a reward enough. Your not on a MLG team. You don't have a paid contract to play wow and win. Play because you want to play not because you expect something in return.

Winning is a simple term. The variety of the ways you can win imply the variety of the excitement or the motivation.
    You can win while being the underdog - the excitement is more compared to winning being the favorite.
    You can win flawlessly.
    You can win because you got lucky.
    You can win while going against the trend.
    You can win trying out a new talent or a new spec.

The depth in winning, the magnitude of your win can have a great impact in your experience.

Gear variety, depth, and uniqueness add flavour to your victory.

If you want gear homogenization, why not as well make class homogenization? Why not even dumb it down to tossing a coin to determine the winner?

There was a flavour in winning which is going away because people can't stand losing.

See, this is the attitude that has flipped pvp upside down. PvE used to be challenging and enjoyable, and now to be honest, it's a pointless joke. Additionally, PvP used to have an endgame purpose other than just "winning." You could climb a ladder and progress, not just group with a random person every week, get your points, and get all of the best gear doing, learning, and achieving little to nothing. If you want to just "win" and not gain anything from it, play through single player offline games.

Deleted
    Not to sound insulting but you must be a Lil kid if you think you deserve a reward for pvping. Bragging rights is a reward enough. Your not on a MLG team. You don't have a paid contract to play wow and win. Play because you want to play not because you expect something in return.
    And you're must be some 1.2k max rating 2on2ler if you think there shouldn't be any reward. It's not about REAL MONEY which professionals are paid but REWARDS in the term of WOW REWARDS such as Pets, Mounts and Titles. We're playing a game here, games don't work without a carrot on a stick and some sense of accomplishment of you actually manage to earn them.

I at no point have ever talked about money or better gear but purely about vanity rewards and aside from rank 1 they managed to make PvP completly void of any kind of reward for higher ratings. Even in PvE you get mounts and titles thrown at you for no reward whatsoever, yet asking for something similar for higher ratings in PvP is making me "a little kid"?

Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    See, this is the attitude that has flipped pvp upside down. PvE used to be challenging and enjoyable, and now to be honest, it's a pointless joke. Additionally, PvP used to have an endgame purpose other than just "winning." You could climb a ladder and progress, not just group with a random person every week, get your points, and get all of the best gear doing, learning, and achieving little to nothing. If you want to just "win" and not gain anything from it, play through single player offline games.
    It's something people like him wont ever understand nor accept simply because they have no chance to ever get these things. They can't accept other people being better than he is and can be and getting vanity and bragging right rewards.

Winning is a simple term. The variety of the ways you can win imply the variety of the excitement or the motivation.
    You can win while being the underdog - the excitement is more compared to winning being the favorite.
    You can win flawlessly.
    You can win because you got lucky.
    You can win while going against the trend.
    You can win trying out a new talent or a new spec.

The depth in winning, the magnitude of your win can have a great impact in your experience.

Gear variety, depth, and uniqueness add flavour to your victory.

If you want gear homogenization, why not as well make class homogenization? Why not even dumb it down to tossing a coin to determine the winner?

There was a flavour in winning which is going away because people can't stand losing.

I agree 100 percent but if the crybabies and baddies can't win then that's on them and they shouldn't be rewarded for playing a game more often and sucking versus then person whom plays less often and is 1000 times better than they. Winning is the end all be all of player versus player just as in any real sport. I give it my best...... I have fun doing it........ If I lose then learning to be better is its own reward. Try harder. Get better. Don't depend on items to make it easier for you. The damage difference BTW malevolent and tyrranical is obscene. PVP power scales like crap. This will fix PvP. Those who su k will still lose and those who win will most likely still win. So you are really not losing any element. Its how the game is played.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    Yes. Tenchars
    I guess the OP's question was already answered so forgive me for not contributing to the thread itself. I have a question, however. What exactly does "Tenchars" mean? or /10chars?

I see lots of people signing with it, and ever since the first time I just assumed it meant /10 characters. So is it just a signature to boast the amount of toons you have in WoW, and in essence a proof that you "know" what you are talking about?
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Villain1117 try playing warrior for over 7 years. When you start good off and then you get
    nerf
    nerf
    nerf
    ATM cant even get people to cap 2v2s with cause warrior is so bad.

And how spending 20+ hours a week playing arenas and rbgs is an handout ?? I was always working hard for my shit and now there wont be point in it for me...

PvP lost carrot on the stick for me since i was never playing for rating( i am not good enough to aim at 2400) but to get some gear. If gear is pointless then i got nothing to do in pvp.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    Villain1117 try playing warrior for over 7 years. When you start good off and then you get
    nerf
    nerf
    nerf
    ATM cant even get people to cap 2v2s with cause warrior is so bad.

And how spending 20+ hours a week playing arenas and rbgs is an handout ?? I was always working hard for my shit and now there wont be point in it for me...

PvP lost carrot on the stick for me since i was never playing for rating( i am not good enough to aim at 2400) but to get some gear. If gear is pointless then i got nothing to do in pvp.

Stop crying about well deserved class nerfs. Warriors are in fact the best reference to how unbalanced gear scaling is. Every Nerf warriors got from wotlk till mop is well deserved. I play warrior. I play mage. I play monk. I play hunter. I play rogue. I play shaman. I have been killed by every class playing every class. Warriors got well deserved nerfs. Warriors can now do 320000 in one attack at the moment. So stop crying. That's a huge imba. However this thread wasn't about class imba or balancing. It was about PvP gear progression. Normal players won't cap out in conquest gear till mid season. The rest of the all day players will carry their friends too 2200 to cap elite gear within two weeks from season launch. So the game caters to the elitist pricks far more than anything. This gear change guaranteed universal playing field as well as keeping the ppl who play wow for a living from shitting all over the ppl who can't. That's why its being put in finally. Should a been this way since vanilla.