Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

"Cotati California is a brutal police state"

Just copying the info from youtube, has anyone seen this/know anything else about it?

''These officers do not believe in the Constitution or the rights it protects...

The Backstory:
    Police are called out to an apartment for a noise compliant by the neighbors. The three occupants inside non-aggressively exercise their fourth amendment right, refusing the police entry as they demand at gun point to let them inside without a search warrant or probable cause.

As the police quickly holster their weapons after the camera turns on, the three occupants continue to exercise their rights non-aggressively. The police respond by going into "over-the-top" aggressive mode, utilizing excessive force by kicking in the door, assaulting the female and tazing the cameraman four times causing the camera to short out. All three occupants are arrested/cited for obstruction.''

Deleted
    From the very select video clip, it does paint the officers in a very bad light.

I'm not sure of the DV, or CPL laws in place - but they may try and claim a fear of domestic violence, or child abuse for why they entered. (If that's even legal)

But it's a tiny clip, of what most likely was a much larger event - so im reserving whole judgement until it has a day in court.

Actually, your backstory sounds like made up shit, and if they were responding to a domestic disturbance call, WHICH CAN BE CALLED IN BY YOUR NEIGHBORS, then most places are required to interview each person and come in.

I would guess these whiney fucks called the cops themselves to 'expose how horrible it is.' And yes, he was Tazed after he started yelling at the cops and seemingly becoming violent. The only issues I see is that this whiney fuck wouldn't come out to talk to the police either, if he didn't want them in his house, which they asked.

I would also note that I never saw the police have guns drawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Just copying the info from youtube, has anyone seen this/know anything else about it?

''These officers do not believe in the Constitution or the rights it protects...

The Backstory:
    Police are called out to an apartment for a noise compliant by the neighbors. The three occupants inside non-aggressively exercise their fourth amendment right, refusing the police entry as they demand at gun point to let them inside without a search warrant or probable cause.

As the police quickly holster their weapons after the camera turns on, the three occupants continue to exercise their rights non-aggressively. The police respond by going into "over-the-top" aggressive mode, utilizing excessive force by kicking in the door, assaulting the female and tazing the cameraman four times causing the camera to short out. All three occupants are arrested/cited for obstruction.''

1 short video doesn't prove anything, the context in this situation is what matters.

Also what right? I wish Americans would stop using 'the 4 or the 2nd amendment', just tell the right, not everyone is from America and I can't be arsed to learn a constitution that isn't even my own.

And no! no googling!

4th amendment is about illegal search and seizure and requiring warrants to be supported by probable cause.

10+ Year Old Account

The Backstory:

I'm certain there is more to the story than what is being presented here...I want to see the rest of the story before I form an opinion about what is being presented.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Actually, your backstory sounds like made up shit, and if they were responding to a domestic disturbance call, WHICH CAN BE CALLED IN BY YOUR NEIGHBORS, then most places are required to interview each person and come in.

I would guess these whiney fucks called the cops themselves to 'expose how horrible it is.' And yes, he was Tazed after he started yelling at the cops and seemingly becoming violent. The only issues I see is that this whiney fuck wouldn't come out to talk to the police either, if he didn't want them in his house, which they asked.

I would also note that I never saw the police have guns drawn.
    ''My'' backstory?

Read what I said again

-

I have no other info on this. I literally just copied the info from youtube, and I stated it on my very first post.

''My'' backstory?

Read what I said again

-

I have no other info on this. I literally just copied the info from youtube, and I stated it on my very first post.
    You posted it and didn't suggest that you disagree with the story. You presented it as you know, reality, and not random fucking supposition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'm certain there is more to the story than what is being presented here...I want to see the rest of the story before I form an opinion about what is being presented.
    Me too, the amount of video shown and information available - is just too short to draw a valid opinion...

But then again, this is the court of public opinion - so anything goes right?

Deleted
    4th amendment is about illegal search and seizure and requiring warrants to be supported by probable cause.
    Ok thx, shouldn't the police be able to enter a house if they need to? Within reason ofcoarse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Ok thx, shouldn't the police be able to enter a house if they need to? Within reason ofcoarse
    Yes. The legal term is "exigent circumstances", which basically requires that people are in imminent danger, evidence faces imminent destruction, or there's an imminent risk of a suspect escaping.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    They are able to enter the house if they have a reason, without a warrant. It generally requires people being in trouble, aka if they have been told there is a domestic disturbance at a location and the people refuse to come outside to talk to you, and you admitted you have a kid in the house that they can't see?

You posted it and didn't suggest that you disagree with the story. You presented it as you know, reality, and not random fucking supposition.
    I'd expect a 5 years old child to work on such assumptions.

but ok little boy, let me spell it out for you

I do not agree/disagree with anything, I haven't formed and opinion on this, I'm looking for more information, which is why I said

''Has anyone seen it/know anything else about it''?

I do not agree/disagree with anything, I haven't formed and opinion on this, I'm looking for more information, which is why I said

D'awww so you didn't post any opinion at all, and ask us for ours, then attempt to insinuate anyone who thinks you agree with the post and 'evidence' you presented must be a 5 year old? How faux-adult of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna be a dick but i laughed when the lady started screaming.....

Also those cops were in the wrong, they had no right to be in there, and had no reason to have guns out.
    The police were yelling while the victims were doing nothing.

Deleted

Falling back on personal attacks and the like?

Just let it go...

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 06:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post

Also those cops were in the wrong, they had no right to be in there, and had no reason to have guns out.
    I thought it was the guy screaming after getting tazed - i was sorely disappointed.

Or maybe i've watched too many taze videos on youtube...

Big brave plod, Best Police in the world.NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post

Really? I totally thought it was the guy getting tazed screaming.

rofl

I found that much more hilarious than I probably should have.

"You are assaulting her-" *TZZZZZZ*

It reminds me of the video with the woman in the middle of the desert being approached by a police helicopter. Guess it's just convenient that in neither video did they show what they were doing to draw police attention in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your a law biding citizen, then California isn't a brutal state. If you not, California's a brutal state. I've seen the shit coming from police officers there. You can also go on YouTube, theres plenty of clips for you to watch, off how bad the Californian police are.