Deleted

Big Trouble with Horridon HM

hi there,

i read all the Threads and still have couple question..Hope you can help me.

a) Itemlvl 522 with 1 Trinket + Leg. Gem. Should i now switch to Full Haste ( Reforging+Gems ), Haste (only Reforging ) or stay at Mastery ? ( Shadowcraft says Haste Reforging, but only 20 EP gain )

b) Mof or Anticipation for Horridon ? played Both and feel no differene ...

c) Playingstyle Horidon. I stay at Horridon and only switch to the Big Adds + Dino..But my DPS Sucks incredible ..only 110k - 120k. Do you spam FOK ? Or Single Target DPS Rota ?

d) Do you have usefulls Macro for me ?

For any Help i say Thank you very much....

Deleted
    I'll ask the rogue I have on my progression core for answers on what you asked. We just downed HC Horridon last night and he was always one of our top DPS throughout (usually nr 1) and he seemed to have no issues handling his Direhorn Spirit.

Until I get his answers I'll leave you with his armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A2o/advanced

Hope it helps (and I'll try to catch him online later tonight to give you some answers, mate).

a) Follow ShC (auto-optimize is NOT OPTIMAL, btw) or just stay mastery. Haste vs Mastery is discussed in a number of threads.
    b) MfD for sure. If you're not noticing a difference, you're using it wrong.
    c) Rupture everything. Hold cooldowns for between doors unless you really need it on one of the doors. I don't think I use FoK at all.
    d) Maybe one:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Throw
    /targetlasttarget
    /startattack
    but it's better just to kite the add in circles.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    [/code]

For Example here

worldoflogs.com/reports/ymjuskfu4v0tuosf/details/0/?s=2329&e=2866

is ranked and play with Anticipation/Erwartung..so i think its not So sure.

a) I'd stick with mastery. You should only switch to Haste imo if you have the legendary meta gem + heroic thunderforged talisman of bloodlust & heroic thunderforged bad juju. I mean if you check most top rogues like in Method, Paragon, etc it's a mix of mastery or haste & the difference isn't that huge on the meter.
    b) I personally use anticipation because in the end Horridon is the one that has to go down & the adds shouldn't be too much of a problem expecially at ilvl 522 since your whole group is probably around that already.
    c) I get on the big adds & only FoK if there's a whole bunch of small adds with them. Currently in my guild i'll mostly use FoK during the 2nd & 3rd door. The last door I make sure to single target the bears & beastmasters since they need to go down really fast. 1st door I also single target dps the big adds. On the 2nd door there's a lot more adds because of effigies or whatever & the 3rd door I find ends up with a lot of adds because the big adds seems to take a lot longer to kill (at least in my group) so I end up using FoK a lot.
    d) No specific macro for me. I don't touch the Direhorn Spirit at all, I just kite him around Horridon while dps Horridon the whole time & making sure to not get hit by the swipes. If I have to drop a smoke bomb for a direcall then I just shadowstep on a party member that's already stacked, drop the smoke bomb & continue kiting the add around the boss while dpsing.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    a) Follow ShC (auto-optimize is NOT OPTIMAL, btw) or just stay mastery. Haste vs Mastery is discussed in a number of threads.
    c) Rupture everything. Hold cooldowns for between doors unless you really need it on one of the doors. I don't think I use FoK at all.
    d) Maybe one:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /cast Throw
    /targetlasttarget
    /startattack
    MfD is more of a personal preference. It's good for the gates, but it feels to gimp the DPS during burn by a significant margin. If MfD feels better, go ahead and use it but it's definately not necessary. I did use MfD for the early progress on Horridon but had anticipation for our first kill and every kill since then.

I tend to use FoK a few times during the fight. This is not because of personal DPS, but to boost our casters damage. Our lock could fill the task but I find it easier to do by myself and I guess it's less DPS lost for me than the lock. Depends a lot on the situation though and that being said, at most I do use FoK just a few times at most.

The macro you provided I would consider as mandatory, it really simplifies the burn phase and thus gives more time to focus on dealing damage. What I'm used to do with the macro is to hit it twice after spending a couple of global cooldowns (all depending on how close to add might be, of course), hitting the macro twice and spending a few globals again. After doing this for the time that Jalak is present, direhorn spirit should be quite far and you don't need to push the spirit away that often.

I do have a slightly different macro though, to avoid having separate macros for horridon and tortos. Works wonders.

Code:
    #showtooltip Throw
    /cleartarget
    /tar Direhorn Spirit
    /tar Humming Crystal
    /cast Throw
    /targetlasttarget
    /startattack
    I wish the best of luck for OP and everyone else progressing. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    A) the difference is minimal, but the sims can be trusted. That said, for a fight with heavy target swapping - like Horridon - mastery will pull ahead for the increased damage from poisons on targets you've swapped off.
    B) MFD is well ahead on adds, and anticipation is slightly ahead on Horridon. Match your raid's needs.
    C) If you're specced MfD, also switch to the smaller adds. MfD, apply rupture before it dies, attack another target, MfD resets and you've got a full energy bar again. Nothing lost, much gained. How far into the fight are you pulling only 120k? Logs would help.

Everything else pointed out in this thread is pretty useful for D and other points as well.

Unless you get the dino REALLY early, you should be able to kite it until the end of the fight, using feint for the Call so you don't drop to like 10% when you're OoR of a healer or two.