Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

99 Ragnaros kills.. still no eye

Am I the most cursed creature on the planet hell? 99 weeks of Molten Core, yet the Eye of Sulfuras has not dropped. Anyone else having the same problem?

That sucks, been trying forever to get one for my warrior. Gotten the eye on my rogue shaman and mage, all the characters I DON'T want it on.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Am I the most cursed creature on the planet hell? 99 weeks of Molten Core, yet the Eye of Sulfuras has not dropped. Anyone else having the same problem?

Im at just under 195 kills on 4 different characters for Ashes of Alar, and thats 3% so dont feel so bad. RNG is RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post

That sucks. I'm having similar problems with a certain mount I've been farming. But, the good thing is you're persistent and that means it WILL drop eventually! Keep at it!

Deleted
    I wish you all the luck in the world getting the eye,
    Took me 7 years of every week to get the eye (Took 6 months out in WOLK though).
    The moment it dropped was amazing!

Well not Ragnaros, but I have killed Attumen the Huntsman in Karazhan almost every week for over 3 years for Fiery Warhorse's Reins. Since 2013 I'm killing him with four different chars each week, but still no luck.

I'll bet Blizzard will redo Kara removing this old mount like they did with old Zul'Gurub, that was kind of hard for me since I had been farming almost every reset (and it's reset was like twice a week) for over two years, doing it with three different chars every reset for the last 4-5 months before the mounts got removed. Didn't get any of those mounts.

Bindings are much, much worse.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    Well not Ragnaros, but I have killed Attumen the Huntsman in Karazhan almost every week for over 3 years for Fiery Warhorse's Reins. Since 2013 I'm killing him with four different chars each week, but still no luck.

I'll bet Blizzard will redo Kara removing this old mount like they did with old Zul'Gurub, that was kind of hard for me since I had been farming almost every reset (and it's reset was like twice a week) for over two years, doing it with three different chars every reset for the last couple of mounts. Didn't get any of those mounts.
    Kara reset was never twice a week. That was ZA.
    I can't tell you who I am, but I can tell you who I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by NotLuto View Post
    Kara reset was never twice a week. That was ZA.
    I wrote that old Zul'Gurub reset twice a week, not Kara.

Keep at it dude. You aren't alone.

06/05/2009 is the date my molten core achievement was earned (i'd killed him maybe once or twice in TBC), so lets go with this being my first kill for arguement's sake, 03/10/2010, is the date I got the eye to drop and completed Sulfuras.

Since 06/05/2009 was a ragnaros kill, and it was a full clear, that means it was also a Garr and Geddon kill, since you have to kill all previous bosses to get Ragnaros to spawn, got geddon's binding some time in 2011, but I have been doing MC fairly relegiously, (for a while there I was only killing garr and geddon for bindings) with friends at first, then solo later, 01/20/2012 is the day I finally got the second binding I needed to complete thunderfury.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Sometimes getting this beloved mount/item drive you to madness, thats why i am happy with BMAH, i bought mine onyxian drake instead of doing it weekly forever. Maybe blizzard should add old legendary mats on BMAH.

Keep pluggin at it. I got the eye AND a binding in a random run I decided to do. Unfortunately both of those dropped for my warlock

in the last month I found it twice on alts, I wasn't even looking for it
    on the other hand, I still haven't got the Fiery Warhorse after +100 tries, I go in Kara with 6 different characters every week
    RNG sucks, don't count on it

Before the expansion, we were farming this guy for over a year with no eyeball drop.
    Once my rogue could solo him, he got the eye in 3 kills... Le sigh.

Deleted
    It took me 110 weeks to get it... so yes, I had the same problem xd most frustrating is when your friend gets it on like every character he goes mc with >.>

Deleted
    Will it make you feel any better if I tell you that it dropped for me...on my lock? :/
    Didnt get it on warrior, nor on pally, but got it on WARLOCK ><

Don't give up mate, it will drop!

Deleted
    Yep, bindings are far worse. I got 3 eyes in the 6 month process of getting the bindings. Curious, because I saw just one drop in the whole vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh RNG you so silly.

I'm having similar issue, but in TOT. Almost 100 boss kills total now, and each have a chance of dropping a two-handed weapon. Haven't seen even one drop still, not even from council or lei even though I've used all of my coins too on them Though I did get an LFR weapon yesteday! Yay! But the ilvl gap is massive

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Sucks to be you, I guess.

I got eye twice on my hunter, but no right binding. Still keep them in the bank.

Deleted
    99 ragnaros kills but the eye isnt one. sucks

Im sorry to hear that, my luck on my monk has been the complete opposite of yours. Got the eye first run ever of mc on my monk, left binding second week, left binding again 4th week. Havnt seen anything cool since. Also got ashes of alar on my 9th run of TK. My luck with old stuff that doesn't matter is great. But when I get into a raid/lfr, I get absolutely nothing.