Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Dragon's Prophet

Dragon's Prophet is a MMORPG game made by creators of Runes of Magic. Its now in closed beta. Check this video to see what this game is about:

It has a lot of interesting mechanics like player housing or a dragon whom is your pet and a mount at the same time and much more. The game is going to be released in 2013 but the exact date isn't known yet.

So are you looking forward to this game? Do you think it will as succesfull as Runes of Magic?

I like the idea of the game, but really I don't like all of these mmo's forcing campaigns and pets on you, thats what other players are for. Anyway seems cool the combat again seems to be great which we come to expect from new mmo's. Just don't like how dragons are used in the game. Anyway i'll give it a go as soon as it hits open beta, might but all my doubts to rest (or raise a lot more which seems more likely:P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    I like the idea of the game, but really I don't like all of these mmo's forcing campaigns and pets on you.
    But it will be kinda cool in PvP. You will have to customize your pet (dragon) in different way for every encounter.

It's so-so. Again it's an action combat system that locks you down in animation/roots you when you are attacking - a big gamebreaker for me.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Beta weekend for everyone starting today on the EU side - http://www.dragonspropheteurope.com/en/

As a cheap looking, cheap playing F2P where everyone and everything looks the same, I guess it might be OK for the "oh neat I can tame dragons" factor. But I can't see any appeal beyond that..

still has better character creation than wow

Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    still has better character creation than wow
    I'd hope a recently released game would have a better character creator than an 8+ year old game...

The combat system is pretty slick, imo. I like the idea of it and for the most part things felt smooth for me.

Really rough beta though. Lots of polishing needs to be done.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, i got a beta key (with many others i guess) for the weekend, but i wont be able to use it at all, so here you go if your the fastest

EUAH9-NYEXB-REKHC-TYY3N

The only thing i would ask you is to post a comment, if you were able to claim it, so others wont try to get it without chance.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    i refuse to give Totalbigot any views.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Hey, i got a beta key (with many others i guess) for the weekend, but i wont be able to use it at all, so here you go if your the fastest

EUAH9-NYEXB-REKHC-TYY3N

The only thing i would ask you is to post a comment, if you were able to claim it, so others wont try to get it without chance.
    Thank you very much mate I used the key and due to overwhelming demand, I get an 8 hour slot tomorrow. Can't wait ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I'd hope a recently released game would have a better character creator than an 8+ year old game...
    Well, WoW releases expansions so they could improve that but it looks like Blizzard doesn't care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Well, WoW releases expansions so they could improve that but it looks like Blizzard doesn't care anymore.
    Not really. It takes a lot of time and effort to add in a more complex character customization system, especially with all the gear in the game. They'd need to do an entire overhaul of the engine and it's visuals (character models, gear models etc.), essentially making a brand new game.

I'm not trying to say Blizzard is perfect or anything (I have more than my fair share of gripes about them), but this is hardly something that is a black mark for them. Even then, if they asked players, "Would you like a more robust character creator or a new dungeon+raid", I'm going to guess the results would be pretty skewed towards the dungeon+raid content, and that would still be faster to create than a brand new character creator system.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    It's so-so. Again it's an action combat system that locks you down in animation/roots you when you are attacking - a big gamebreaker for me.
    If you don't like being rooted when swinging your weapon, then you probably don't like action combat.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    If you don't like being rooted when swinging your weapon, then you probably don't like action combat.
    Well, games like DMC and so probably would disagree with you
    Time is on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Well, games like DMC and so probably would disagree with you
    DMC has animation locking, it's just short animations for most of the basic attacks. It's always had animation locking throughout the series. That's part of the gameplay, you need to know which attacks to use for combo's and to keep yourself doing max damage without leaving yourself open to attacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, i missunderstood what he ment, nvm me then.
    Time is on our side

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Since when is being rooted when swinging your weapon a requirement for a game to be action combat? Or rather, how does not being rooted when performing attacks make it less "actiony"?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Not really. It takes a lot of time and effort to add in a more complex character customization system, especially with all the gear in the game. They'd need to do an entire overhaul of the engine and it's visuals (character models, gear models etc.), essentially making a brand new game.
    To make the visuals actually look better yes they would need to do this. To just add new ones that keep to the current standard of that is already in the game, no they would not need to do this. It would be similar to adding a new race. However that is miles off topic.

Gave the game a go, can't say I was overly pleased with how dragons are used in the game. Maybe if I actually was a dragon in game then that would be cool, but I did not feel that the dragons added anything to this game, they were just sort of there.