Deleted

Cat with Offspec Moonkin

Just how viable is it? I've been going through a journey of the choices, and while moonkin had crossed my mind I had the obvious thought that it's silly since the class offers so much opportunity with versatility with tank and healing. But wait a second, some groups want ranged (especially those blindly spamming "need ranged or no invite") and to be honest I've been bored of tanking since Wrath, too much management, little number crunching, and healing, while I enjoy it sometimes, it gets a bit to my nerves on extremely hard fights (especially heroic modes you have to run a lot from position to position) since it's not just hard, but also feels a bit clunky in mechanics, especially for a healer like a druid that don't have too heavy emergency heals unlike a disc priest.

I understand though gearing is an issue and I've chosen to be a cat since I enjoy it more. One will always be inferior to the other unless you are farming something after progress for months and months. Well, that problem though is there for any offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    Just how viable is it? I've been going through a journey of the choices, and while moonkin had crossed my mind I had the obvious thought that it's silly since the class offers so much opportunity with versatility with tank and healing. But wait a second, some groups want ranged (especially those blindly spamming "need ranged or no invite") and to be honest I've been bored of tanking since Wrath, too much management, little number crunching, and healing, while I enjoy it sometimes, it gets a bit to my nerves on extremely hard fights (especially heroic modes you have to run a lot from position to position) since it's not just hard, but also feels a bit clunky in mechanics, especially for a healer like a druid that don't have too heavy emergency heals unlike a disc priest.

I understand though gearing is an issue and I've chosen to be a cat since I enjoy it more. One will always be inferior to the other unless you are farming something after progress for months and months. Well, that problem though is there for any offspec.

It's doable. But it's just more common to do two specs that share gear as a druid. But plenty of paladins do Holy/Ret, but for Druids it's generally done as like boom/resto, feral/guard, because it's easier that way. If you're willing to live with one spec always being a little worse than the other in terms of gear, then go for whatever makes you happy and feel good inside.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Thing is I noticed tanking offspec isn't that great on cat either (in terms of gear). The trinkets aren't there obviously, but also the tier bonus isn't there, and then you'd have to make extremely annoying regems if you wanted to be optimal and even if reforging is great it's also suboptimal there (mastery for example is shit for bear but great for cat and expertise would have to be doubled).

Of course if you do things like "two weeks of that, two weeks of that" it'd be more practical (not for switch for a boss) or if you only do easy normals/flexes.

But I'd like the practical thing of just switching gear and be ready (gief WoD to be honest).