Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    If it says that you have affdots properly loaded but the balance druid module not. Make sure you have it enabled in your addon screen, it should say AffDots - Balance Druid. The folder is called AddOns/AffDots - Druid but the addon isn't. Try a reload when you are in balance spec.
    Hmm it does say Affdots - Druid on the addon screen. I don't know whats up though.. I should have it the right way there, it's not like i'm new to using addons.

Deleted
    You have the wrong addon there , there is an Affdots - Druid out there for feral druids. Because of the way how AffDots loads his modules the folder name is bound do the class name. But on the Addon loading screen the Balance module shows up as AffDots - Balance Druid. I hope that solves the problem.

Deleted
    I don't know man im fucking it up somehow. It's still just Affdots - druid on the addon screen no matter what i do :S I'm doing something wrong here though i have no idea what. I don't have anything called Affdots - balance druid it's all just AffdotsDruid called files i'm having from the folder i got from Curse. Are these the right ones? Sorry, i'm not usually this noob with these things i really don't know how i manage to fail so hard here.

Deleted
    The curse website has the correct files, try erasing it completely and reinstalling it with newly downloaded files :O

Deleted
    Yeah it's not helping. Well last attempt for me, am i supposed to put the contents of the Affdots - Druid folder to the other affdots folder or should i keep them as separate folders in the Addon folder? I've tried both ways and even more but it just wont work.

Feedback and suggestions are definetly welcome I only got feedback from one of my buddys so far, but everything seems to work properly.
    Joeri,

This is an amazing piece of work, thank you. If anyone can help me with one other small item - I'm trying to set up a WeakAuras that will trigger when my dots are strong enough to overwrite the existing dots. What I want to check is:

When ((MyNewDotStrength - 100)/100)*14 > RemainingTimeLeftOnDot

Can anyone with a strong WeakAuras knowledge help me out with this?

FYI - I found the WeakAuras functions from Affdots:
    AffDotsGetPower(target, dot)
    target - String. Either "target" or "focus".
    dot - Number. Spell id, 172 for Corruption etc.
    Returns one number (current stats based dps/dot on target dps)

Edit: Ok here is what I have so far (it's not working though)

function()
    local expirationTime = select(7, UnitDebuff("target", "Moonfire", nil, "PLAYER"))
    local timeRemaining = expirationTime - GetTime()
    local affnumber = ((AffDotsGetPower("target",8921) - 100) / 100) * 14
    if affnumber > timeRemaining then
    return true;
    else return false;
    end
    end
    Last edited by Pippilongear; 2013-05-19 at 04:54 PM.

Deleted
    Ill have a look at it tomorow mate =》

Ill have a look at it tomorow mate =》

Thanks joeri-this is really a great piece of work. i sent you an email because i thought maybe it would be easier just to make those calculations in the addon itself instead of having to set a custom trigger in weakauras.
    pp

Quote Originally Posted by Feralica View Post
    Yeah it's not helping. Well last attempt for me, am i supposed to put the contents of the Affdots - Druid folder to the other affdots folder or should i keep them as separate folders in the Addon folder? I've tried both ways and even more but it just wont work.
    I'm having the same issue. Figured I'd give this a whirl before raid but it's not loading. Might be conflicting with another addon?

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Figured I'd give this a whirl before raid but it's not loading. Might be conflicting with another addon?
    It worked once. Restarting broke it again.

Reloading UI turns it on. So for now, working I guess.

This is the lua error that breaks it on initial load
    Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\AffDotsDruid\AffDotsDruid.lua:34: Usage: GetItemInfo(itemID|"name"|"itemlink")
    Time: 05/21/13 20:22:56
    Count: 1
    Stack: [C]: in function `GetItemInfo'
    Interface\AddOns\AffDotsDruid\AffDotsDruid.lua:34: in main chunk
    [C]: in function `LoadAddOn'
    Interface\AddOns\AffDots\AffDots.lua:1084: in function <Interface\AddOns\AffDots\AffDots.lua:1064>
    (tail call): ?
    [C]: ?
    [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
    (tail call): ?
    ...ce\AddOns\AffDots\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:514: in function `InitializeAddon'
    ...ce\AddOns\AffDots\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:629: in function <...ce\AddOns\AffDots\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>

Locals:
    reloading ui does not cause the error
    Looks like a bug in affdots?

On another note -- would be nice to have a timer on the most recently expiring temporary buff (potions, cd's, procs, etc) to know how long until the dpet is going to decrease. I'll stick with tracking all of these individually for now though.
    Last edited by boomkinhero; 2013-05-22 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    I found the problem, it strikes out when the addon tries to detect what meta gem you use when it first loads. Its imposible to check your meta gem at that point. Im still working on a fix should have a new version up on curse in by the end of the day.

Meh, ignore me! I'll leave the experts to it!
    Last edited by Varna; 2013-05-27 at 11:42 AM.

Soruzi
    Rogue

Draenor

I downloaded Affdots and Affdots Balance druid I see both loaded, but it says my specialization is not supported. Any help?

Sig Courtesy of Yoni

reload your UI

Really nice work on this addon.

I am a new to Balance Druid, but i really like to min/max, so i have a question related to your addon. When should we spend 2 GCD to renew the dots? 110%, 150%?
    Is it worth to recast on 105%! Thank You!
    [url=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggra-portugues/Tellez/advanced]Tellez
    Retired, playing casual on alts!

Quote Originally Posted by Tellez View Post
    Really nice work on this addon.

I am a new to Balance Druid, but i really like to min/max, so i have a question related to your addon. When should we spend 2 GCD to renew the dots? 110%, 150%?
    Is it worth to recast on 105%! Thank You!
    Tellez - Refreshing dots for a balance druid is not quite as straightforward as setting a specific % of power.

IMHO you should be refreshing your dots when the power on your new dots would give you as much damage as your old dots over the remaining time of your old dots. In mathematical terms, I try to refresh my dots when:

(NewDotPower / OldDotPower) - 1 )*14 >= RemainingTimeOnOldDot

This is very difficult to do without some sort of custom WeakAuras indicator. I've been playing around with the AffDotsBalance.lua and WeakAuras to see if I could build it in to the addon but I am a newb at lua programming and I haven't had the time to focus on it recently.

-PP

In addition to the above, it's usually a good idea to let your dots bleed out until you're about to lose a buff that is boosting damage. i.e. if the above algorithm proves that a refresh would be more beneficial but the shortest duration on all your buffs is 7 seconds, you should wait ~4 more seconds to let the dots do their thing since it's practically free damage -- you've already wasted the GCD putting them there. Some exceptions do occur, such as if the buff is so great it would be better to refresh instantly to clip a lot AND be able to refresh at the end of the buff (like CA)

Deleted
    Updated, havent actually solved the problem with the meta gem detection yet, but I just removed it completely so that you dont have to /reload anymore to get the addon to work. I will fix the meta gem issue later on when I find some more time to do so.

Deleted
    It doesn't seem to calculate the bonus dmg from INC on the non eclipsed dot.

Deleted
    Edit: I am an idiot. I missed the question has already been asked.
    Last edited by mmoc04392bcc86; 2013-06-09 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gebuz View Post
    It doesn't seem to calculate the bonus dmg from INC on the non eclipsed dot.
    Sorry for the long wait I have been very bussy, well noticed. I just posted a new updated version where that problem has been fixxed.