H Jin'rokh 10m - Moving as a group during Storm Phase Video?

Hello,

My raid just killed this last night, but storm phase seems like it could still be a problem for us in the future. We just had everyone spread a bit and dodge sparks by themselves, hanging back near the pillars/grates to make dodging a bit easier.

I read a strategy about "easy mode" somewhere saying that you can group up and move as a raid. To me, this sounds like a more sustainable and consistent strategy. I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a video so I can see the group movement strategy in action.

Any further tips/tricks/comparisons of the two strats are more than welcome.

We 3 healed this with Druid - Pally - Disc Priest, but I would like to let our pally go Ret eventually. Storm phase just seems to hectic to do that yet, which is why I wanted to take a look at a different approach to the phase.

Thanks in advance!

Have everyone stand by the wall to the right side of the pool (1/3 area) and use a healing CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have 4 pillars in the room where your tanks get thrown hat

Have your Tank always get thrown to the bottom left pillar first (the one you usually start at anyway). He can achieve that by placing the boss as far away as possible from it. Usually its enough to just pull the boss where he stands and dont move him. If he moves, you need to reposition accordingly.

After that, make sure you always have throw up counter-clockwise. Bottom right, Upper right, Upper left. That allows your group to rotate counter-clockwise aswell.

Mark the 4 pillars with a raidmark. Exactly hugging the wall in the middle of the pillar - if you know what i mean. Those will be your 4 (3, cause the one where you get thrown first is not accessable) group up spots.

Just have everyone move into that spot when the lightning storm start / 1-2 secs early. Group up tight. Put down Barrier/Spiritlink/AM and some aoe healing. Wait there for like 5-6 seconds. Then start moving to the right and keep going till the phase is over.

You just have to make sure you dodge inside the Barrier for the first 5-6 seconds. Sometimes you will have 1 or 2 lightnings fly to you when you stack up. Just dodge them by sidestepping a bit. The one from left -> right are the most dangerous.

While you move, have your resto druid symbioses tranq, your shaman ascendance spiritwalk etc. so you can put down some healing while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Just have everyone move into that spot when the lightning storm start / 1-2 secs early. Group up tight. Put down Barrier/Spiritlink/AM and some aoe healing. Wait there for like 5-6 seconds. Then start moving to the right and keep going till the phase is over.

You just have to make sure you dodge inside the Barrier for the first 5-6 seconds. Sometimes you will have 1 or 2 lightnings fly to you when you stack up. Just dodge them by sidestepping a bit. The one from left -> right are the most dangerous.
    I think this was the explanation I needed, we are already doing the rest of the things you mentioned, but stacking and using a raid cd for that first 5-6 secs THEN tranq etc as we move is the change that will help the most.

Thanks for the tip. If anyone has a vid i would still love to see this in action

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    You have 4 pillars in the room where your tanks get thrown hat

Have your Tank always get thrown to the bottom left pillar first (the one you usually start at anyway). He can achieve that by placing the boss as far away as possible from it. Usually its enough to just pull the boss where he stands and dont move him. If he moves, you need to reposition accordingly.

After that, make sure you always have throw up counter-clockwise. Bottom right, Upper right, Upper left. That allows your group to rotate counter-clockwise aswell.

Mark the 4 pillars with a raidmark. Exactly hugging the wall in the middle of the pillar - if you know what i mean. Those will be your 4 (3, cause the one where you get thrown first is not accessable) group up spots.

While you move, have your resto druid symbioses tranq, your shaman ascendance spiritwalk etc. so you can put down some healing while moving.
    Can you clear up something for me in your explanation? When you say the 4 group up spots and you pillars do you mean the statues that spit out the black ooze? So you would stack up on the next statue your going to get thrown at during lightning storm? right below it and heal there? Or do you mean on the walls on the brown grates in between 2 statues? Sorry for being a confused idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ39058zLks

Thats from our first kill. The majority of us stacked up on the grates and moved as a group.

Credit goes to Pangcakes for the amazing signature!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orgio/advanced