Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good... I'm tired of wannabe elitest complaining about LFR... give everybody a ban who complains about it for a stupid reason... you wanted to remove epics for your own egotistical reasons... How do I know? Because how does someone getting lower ilvl epics affect you? It doesn't... you see it as unfair that they get pretty decent gear for easy content. You want to know the solution to this? Mind your own damn business. Do you think hardcore raiders give a shit about people doing LFR? Probably not because they rarely do LFR, they focus on reg and hardcore. If you're complaining about LFR and gear, chances are you're not very good at this game. If you were, you wouldn't be wasting your time complaining about something that doesn't affect you.

The only people that deserve to have an ego in the game are those who are constantly competing for season glad, not glad, but number 1 spot. They get to be egotistical, but your noob dragon slaying butt isn't anything near good... so don't act like they should remove epics just because it's easier... reg is easy and so is heroic, should we remove epics in general and reserve them for #1 ranked teams in 3s and 5s? From your perspective, that's how it should be... the best deserve the epics. If not, shut your trap, LFR is for casuals, if you want to act like you're better than a casual, then prove it by doing heroic.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Countless posts have been made about how casual players should not have access to epics, because it makes the normal raiders feel less special. I guess your post was one of many such unconstructive posts and you got banned for it. No sympathy from me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Having a post labeled a troll is all about presentation. Leading a thread off with pointless elitism, following it up with a mis-assessment of the game feature, and wrapping it up with a solution that has no thought behind it isn't going to get you very far on the game forums.

Here, on the other hand, you'll get pages of responses. Just ask Jaylock
    You sir made me chuckle quite heartily with that statement.

On topic, yeah if you sit there and post about "welfare epics" and stuff...you're trolling. Hands down. No questions asked. Maybe learn how to more eloquently display your dissatisfaction without using terminology that's designed to insult others.

As for your LoL comment...there's a reason that I will never, ever play that game. You pointed out. People on the internet need to be kept from saying whatever they feel like, because when they have that much freedom, that game's community ends up being the result.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

What you posted is definitely something trivial for such a harsh reaction.

I think Blizzard folks are upset because WoW has been losing subs by the millions, and they blame, at least partially, the players who criticize the game features. So, when they catch one they are overreacting.

Also, as you can see in some of the posts here, if you criticize Blizzard or some game features, they want to call it "non-constructive". So, you must kiss up to Blizzard so that you can get promoted to "constructive". Then you won't get banned. lol

If a government (Blizzard) was doing something like this in real life we'd all call it an "oppressive regime".

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    all of my posts were deleted including the posts of my other toons
    They tend to do that when someone is sufficiently obnoxious.

You're a short distance from getting a permaban, so be careful.

You can take your ban as evidence that LFR will only be removed when hell freezes over, that it is irreplaceable from a business point of view. The ban is a clue-by-four to your head to understand that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    The EU WoW forums are like you just made the transit to Hitler's Empire.
    Please don't make this kind of analogy, it trivializes genocide.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. Why does anyone care what other players do, or have in their inventories?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    when your ban is over your posts will return.
    This isn't true.

You think Blizz is not aware you are trying to get round their rules by using other characters? You think they are stupid. Blizz has rules, you broke them. To be banned means you broke them more than once. Doing it again and again will probably end with a permanent ban. Coming here to complain will get you no sympathy. I should imagine, knowing how they work, you were warnede a few times first. Their forums, their rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Please don't make this kind of analogy, it trivializes genocide.
    Your post is offensive since I have got Ashkenazi ancestry, especially considering that you just trivialized the Shoah to defend a bunch of bad moderators.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadworgen View Post

I think Blizzard folks are upset because WoW has been losing subs by the millions, and they blame, at least partially, the players who criticize the game features. So, when they catch one they are overreacting.

Also, as you can see in some of the posts here, if you criticize Blizzard or some game features, they want to call it "non-constructive". So, you must kiss up to Blizzard so that you can get promoted to "constructive". Then you won't get banned. lol

If a government (Blizzard) was doing something like this in real life we'd all call it an "oppressive regime".

Blizz forums have rules. Break them and you get banned, simple. Other forums have different rules, just like countries have different laws. MMO is far more forgiving than Blizz over some things, but you can get banned here too.

especially considering that you just trivialized the Shoah to defend a bunch of bad moderators.
    I did what? Explain please how I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I did what? Explain please how I did that.
    You made mention of the Shoah in order to defend Blizzard EU moderation. We both saw what you did there, and I would suggest that you don't do that in the future.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Like that makes a difference, or did you think that Blizzard would not notice that all of the toons were from the same source. If all you did was complain, as has been said in this thread, and offered not suggestions for alternatives, then yes, your POSTS would all be deleted. Do yourself a favor and use this time to look over the ToS and EULA and then think about what you post in a thread in a constructive and intelligent manner. As is, you are looking for sympathy on something that no one here is giving you. We only have your complaint, not the whole story, and we are not likely to agree with your point of view with nothing to back up your complaint!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been banned for 3 days and had all of my posts deleted because I complained about LFR.

72 hour suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for trolling.

Thread Title: If LFR is solely for end game content

Why the welfare epics?
    LFR is not meant to gear people up for end game raiding but to give people a chance to see end game content.
    Remove the welfare epics.

I am not mad or complaining about the ban. I'd just like to know if there is a certain/right place we should use to complain about features we don't like without it being judged as "trolling". I didn't have the chance to play cata and recently came back so I didn't like this feature at all.
    When it comes to posting feedback about a feature, it needs to be constructive and accurate. Blizz has stated on a few different occasions that LFR is a catchup mechanic for gear and easy mode raiding for people to see the content. The iLvL for LFR gear is close to 20 points lower than heroic raiding, and drops FAR less frequently. Calling them "welfare" epics probably came off as snobby and made you sound more like a racist since people know that welfare used in this fashion is derogatory.

If you want to post your thoughts more constructively, they will likely be heard, and not instantly tagged as flaming/trolling. You might try something more like:

"LFR is simply a low grade catchup mechanic with subpar gear. If it is intended to allow others just to see end game content, why not remove the iLvL requirement and the gear that drops?" Something like that would get your point across without sounding like a tool.

You made mention of the Shoah in order to defend Blizzard EU moderation.
    So, objecting to a comparison of Nazi Germany to something is inherently offensive to the Shoah? Utter nonsense. Such objections preserve its importance, they do not degrade it.

I will continue to do exactly what I did there, and I will continue to ignore your illogical and ridiculous objection.

15+ Year Old Account
    You picked your words wrong be careful on your wording with them welfare epic is a troll term. And what is your beef with them dropping epics there a lower item lvl then raiding and some players don't have a lot of free time on there hands due to work kids wife ect ect.
    What i find the issue with is how it was implemented lock outs are now the same and you can do that and random groups without ever to speaking to someone on there own server it just creates a bigger troll problem since there not really held accountable for there actions since the community basically died off after it was implemented. Before you would see players running 10 man and a 25 man group just to have fun with more people but since were stuck to one now it's now a down hill battle.

If you call LFR "welfare epics" then using VP for epics should also be considered welfare epics AND the upgrade system coming in 5.3 is also a welfare system... so you shouldn't use any of those either...

Oh wait you will use those. I would love to see your armory so I can point that out as an example but oh wait your new to MMO with your whole 9 posts...

btw if blizzard thinks your post is trolling then I'm going to report your post for trolling this forum as well... ENJOY
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    I've been banned for 3 days and had all of my posts deleted because I complained about LFR.

72 hour suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for trolling.

Thread Title: If LFR is solely for end game content

Why the welfare epics?
    LFR is not meant to gear people up for end game raiding but to give people a chance to see end game content.
    Remove the welfare epics.

I am not mad or complaining about the ban. I'd just like to know if there is a certain/right place we should use to complain about features we don't like without it being judged as "trolling". I didn't have the chance to play cata and recently came back so I didn't like this feature at all.
    Pfft thats nothing...

I got permabanned for writing one sentence in the megathread on lowpop realms 18months ago.

The sentence (post #937)>>>>

"I lol at the people who think Blizzard will ever fix this... they wont, so just pay xfer and stop wasting your time on the forums about it."

I kid u not, that was all i wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    ----------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadworgen View Post

------------------------------------

Blizz forums have rules. Break them and you get banned, simple. Other forums have different rules, just like countries have different laws. MMO is far more forgiving than Blizz over some things, but you can get banned here too.
    Oppressive regimes have laws and rules too. I bet no one here will want to defend their *right* to have laws and rules as an excuse for what they are doing.