Similar "souls" to those in WoW

I used to play rift during beta and I subbed for a month about a year ago. When I played during beta I was mained warden got to about level 20, then beta ended and I continued to play wow. I was just more interested in wow atm than rift. When I subbed for a month I played mostly the ranger/marksman.

What I'm good at ~ I'm really good at healing. I've been doing it in WoW for a little over 6 years now. Its just something I like and I've gotten adapted to it well.

So heres my question. What class/specs in wow represent their closest in rift? I'll be mostly naming off the ones I prefer to play

Unholy Death knight? (Diseases, pet that you can "possibly" make stronger by either self buff or "transformation", also with melee abilities)

Retribution Paladin (Self buff maintain, building up combo points on yourself to deal higher damage. Having a "holy" appearance would be a plus)

Holy Paladin (Stronger single target heals, something similar to beacon of light? Having a holy appearance would be a plus)

Shadow Priest (high focus on dots, with some cast-type instant damage abilities with a form of an execution mechanic)

Mistweaver monk (use of melee healing & ranged healing, combo points & HoTs. Probably not in the game but figured I'd ask)

Those are the basic main ones, I can figure out from the rest.

Thanks in advance. Any opinions & suggestions on healing would be greatly appreciated in the world of rift as well.

Cleric Justicar specs are similar to World of Warcraft's Paladin. The actual Warrior soul called Paladin is not really WoW-like. It's probably better called, "Knight"

I don't play World of Warcraft to have context for the other classes you listed.

Never even heard of Mistweaver Monk [is this a Panderan?], but Cleric have melee + healing options. Might be different from what a Mistweaver Monk is actuality though. I am ignorant of the current World of Warcraft classes.

Well, I guess I wasn't asking more about classes more about souls (like warden, & cholomancer etc)

Thanks for trying though. If you can elaborate from that perspective that'd be awesome =D

Deleted
    The mage healing soul is about dealing damage and cast times for heals. you would want to roll cleric, you have the purifier (Disc preist) sentinel (holy paladin) warden (now an AoE healing soul with HoTs like an AoE druid) defiler (its a really cool soul, its about damage prevention big CD's dealing damage and burst healing) I would roll a cleric for more healing options. Also, you could make a spec like shadow preist mixing inquisitor with cabalist. The only melee spec with pets at the moment is warrior beast master and that is a support spec, and druid in the cleric tree is also a dps melee tree with a pet. although you could possibly make a rogue melee spec with a ranger pet.

If you chose cleric you get the most options:

4 healing specs

2 melee specs

2 caster specs

1 tank spec

You are able to spupport tank heal and dps as a cleric, this would be your obvious option. The tank soul uses melee to AoE heal too, but the healing is not substantial.

Inquisitor has 2 dot's and cabalist has many more AoE dots, you could combine these to make a DoT spec. RIFT has so many options available to you, you can almost create anything you feel comfortable playing.

If you are looking to a holy pally type spec with the same appearance roll sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Well, I guess I wasn't asking more about classes more about souls (like warden, & cholomancer etc)

Thanks for trying though. If you can elaborate from that perspective that'd be awesome =D
    I probably can not help.

World of Warcraft is not a game I enjoyed enough to play the classes you listed.

I played a Prot Warrior in World of Warcraft. Nothing else besides a limp Gnome Mage for funsies.

I tank. If it's not tanking, Warrior tanking, I don't give any f---s.

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    The mage healing soul is about dealing damage and cast times for heals. you would want to roll cleric, you have the purifier (Disc preist) sentinel (holy paladin) warden (now an AoE healing soul with HoTs like an AoE druid) defiler (its a really cool soul, its about damage prevention big CD's dealing damage and burst healing) I would roll a cleric for more healing options. Also, you could make a spec like shadow preist mixing inquisitor with cabalist. The only melee spec with pets at the moment is warrior beast master and that is a support spec, and druid in the cleric tree is also a dps melee tree with a pet. although you could possibly make a rogue melee spec with a ranger pet.

If you chose cleric you get the most options:

4 healing specs

2 melee specs

2 caster specs

1 tank spec

You are able to spupport tank heal and dps as a cleric, this would be your obvious option. The tank soul uses melee to AoE heal too, but the healing is not substantial.

Inquisitor has 2 dot's and cabalist has many more AoE dots, you could combine these to make a DoT spec. RIFT has so many options available to you, you can almost create anything you feel comfortable playing.

If you are looking to a holy pally type spec with the same appearance roll sentinel.

Thanks this entirely helps me a ton. I'm gonna experiment with this stuff tonight.

Shadow Priest (high focus on dots, with some cast-type instant damage abilities with a form of an execution mechanic)

Mistweaver monk (use of melee healing & ranged healing, combo points & HoTs. Probably not in the game but figured I'd ask)
    1. sounds like warlock for me but never played it and 2. would be the harbinger + chloromancer but he got more dmg than heal

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ift-souls.html is a quick comparison of some souls and classes.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-to-Rift is much more helpful, plus it has the new souls.

I guess since this thread seems to be focused more towards clerics (to me personally)

Is anyone on deepwood that could give me some pointers & is willing to answer questions every so often that I have about clerics? For pretty much all souls? Right now I"m running druid/shaman/justicar with more of an influence on druid/shaman while leveling.

Deleted
    I guess since this thread seems to be focused more towards clerics (to me personally)

Is anyone on deepwood that could give me some pointers & is willing to answer questions every so often that I have about clerics? For pretty much all souls? Right now I"m running druid/shaman/justicar with more of an influence on druid/shaman while leveling.
    Try the official forums and start a thread in the derpwood section, im sure some one will come and help you