Poll: Which expansion did u have the most Fun?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Which expansion did u have the most FUN?

Please answer this poll purely on at what time during your Wow playing career u have the most lols, kicks and giggles... otherwise called FUN!

This is not a poll about which expansion u think was best, or or the one with the best story, or the most popular...

For example, i had my most fun during Wrath. That was because i was in the best guild of my playing career, 25man raiding in a competitive realm. The guild was full of some really fun and interesting people as well as some total madmen lol. The realm forums were busy with posturing and competition between Alliance on Horde (mainly Alliance realm but Horde was busy too), lots of famous and infamous people on both sides too

Great times and great memories

So when did u fall off your chair in laughter the most playing Wow?

~Ende~
    Last edited by mmoc978ad45763; 2013-05-15 at 11:27 AM.

TBC, I started raiding then and really enjoyed getting to know my guild. Worked so well that I ended up becoming integral to the guild for the remainder of the expansion as well as most of Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personaly like all of them, but WotLK was my fav as it felt like it tied me back to WC3 the reason I started playing WoW

Deleted
    It's not exactly the same kind of fun as now. nowadays, since cata at least, i still have lots of fun trolling people etc.

but i liked tbc the most, that's when i started raiding with ag uild and shit

Wrath Of The Lich King

TBC was a blast. hard dungeons were hard and not meant for bad players. unlike now where there are no hard dungeons anymore. just level up dungeons and endgame dungeons if you like. raids were superb, progression was good and rewarding for good players. and you got loads and loads of content (bang for your buck) if you compare the amount of dungeons tbc had to start with. (got less and less each xpack). the whole catering to the newbie / unskilled and/or age of 10 player really drove me off.

also was exploration my main motivation behind raiding (wanted to see all) softmode hardmode raiding really took that away, because on hard I have already been there.

Probably wrath, but it's biased as it was the first expansion I raided in, with Ulduar being my first real raiding experience.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I can't really say. Maybe Vanilla and TBC. Not because they were so good, but because it was still pretty new and fresh and fascinating to play WoW. I also had more fun playing video games for countless hours generally than I do now. I still like WoW and still like to play games, but priorities just naturally shift with time, and I just don't sink into the whole thing the way I did when I was a youngster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath of the Lich King. I've been playing since 2006. And theres no expansion yet that could compare to Wrath of the lich king. The expansion was almost perfect in my eyes, my friends played it to bits! I love it more than Vanilla/TBC. (I love Vanilla/TBC don't get me wrong.) But Wrath of the lich king took the whole cake. So many new things that came into the game, some positive, some negative. But mostly negative. Loved the raids, the dungeons, and the Tier gear was just mind blowing. Northrend was alittle bit, meh i guess. Except that Jungely place, which i loved to bits. Wrath of the lich king gets an 10/10 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this will probably lead to vanilla/tbc/wotlk threat, since there arent any newcomers atm.
    but it's logical that u had the most fun in the first expansion you joined it, for me that was WOTLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    TBC and WotLK both stood out for different things. They had one thing in common: quality.

But at the end of the day, WoW was more fresh to me when TBC came out, so that's when I had the most fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    TBC and WotLK both stood out for different things. They had one thing in common: quality.
    Not really true for wrath, two of the four raiding tiers were terrible, I hear most of the pvp was pretty bad too, solo content was terrible and the dungeons were faceroll.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Must've been burning crusade. That's when I started to raid for real. And grinding that 5k gold so I could get my epic flying form (druid), I believe I just flew around for like 5 hours straight when I got it. And exploring that huge tower of Kara, good times.. good times..

WotLK
    PvP was decent.
    PvE was awesome (with the exception of ToC)
    10 and 25 was separate which meant I could raid with my guild in 25 and then "play" / have fun with my friends in 10man.
    5mans were laughable after tanks started getting close to un-hitable (which imo was the biggest design flaw in WotLK).
    Much less of the welfare epics and the game in general was a lot less "here have this because you paid a monthly fee" feel. Nowadays you're fucking given everything almost as if it's your right to have them because you paid.

TBC was the same but I didn't do PvE at the time so the game was limited for me (my fault, not crying about it). Vanilla was better in terms of realm community actually worked, you had people on your friend list if they were good. Those people you'd make 5mans with and so on... That's also how I ended up in my first guild, I earned rep on the realm which lead a guild to invite me and I did MC spamming decurse (resto druid). Vanilla wasn't "better" because of the content/class balance etc, it was better because you had to do something and you took pride in doing it! Now it's "Queue from city, don't give 2 shits about other people, hope for loot, log off and wait for next reset."

and yes, LFR needs to go away. LFD should be realm based only so you can filter out the horrible people until they get better!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The Burning Crusade when I was getting into raiding for the first time. Remember the nights spend in Karazhan and farming Consortium reputation for the Agility Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post

But at the end of the day, WoW was more fresh to me when TBC came out, so that's when I had the most fun.
    WoW still has quality, what is that for weird thing to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

I am having fun in all expantions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Not really true for wrath, two of the four raiding tiers were terrible, I hear most of the pvp was pretty bad too, solo content was terrible and the dungeons were faceroll.
    Naxx was awsome, so was OS and Malygos. And ToC...meh, it came between Ulduar and ICC so I guess it was ok.
    PvP was more about Burst than it is/was in Cata or TBC, I'm not sure what's situation like in Pandaria, but it was ok, especially considering Wintergrasp which I loved.
    And it was the most fun I've had soloing on my DK. First I did full Zul'Gurub clear at level 69 and then I leveled to 80 and soloed some more.
    All in all, VERY FUN. If anything, people ruined WoW and it's catering to casuals.

Classic = Was just running around as a newb, asking for gold wanding everything to death on my Mage.

The Burning Crusade = Was fun, but was totally new to raiding, so everything about it was epic and amazing.

Wrath of the Lich King = First Hardcore & Heroic level of Raiding. Lots of fun, but disappointing drag on towards the end.

Cataclysm = Tier 11 was the best time I've ever had in World of Warcraft. Firelands was okay, and Dragonsoul was a let down.

Mists of Pandaria = Enjoyable, but no-where near as fun as previous expansions.

BC for sure. Blizzard really improved the game a lot, even the art was interesting and different.

Second is wrath. Again wrath was a huge improvement to the game as a whole.

Third MoP. Kinda reminds me of BC in terms of creativity, but too little too late.

Last is cata. Other than T11 being awesome cata has left a very bitter taste.