Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    2015? Holy shit, that's like a decade too late. Who's going to watch it at that point? The at that point 4-5 million core players (here excluding trial accounts, people owning more than 1 account, and those who plays on and off)?
    Do they expect the 30-40 million players who previously played WoW with all the sweet memories but now nothing but hatred left for Blizzard for ruining the game at XXX point in time to all go watch the movie? What about all the CoD, Fifa and LoL teenage gamers who know nothing about MMOs and RPG? Or everyone else who have nothing but stereotypes left for those who plays/used to play WoW...? Does Blizzard really expect themselves to be able convince these type of people to come watch their WoW movie, a concept that slowly lost its appeal for everyone outside of the game by the death of the Lich King.

I'm sorry to say this, but unless it becomes a huge sucess then I doubt it will sell well. And if it becomes a huge sucess then I don't think it is the fact that it is based off WoW that made it a sucess in the first place.
    If it becomes a sucess its going to revive whats left of WoW in 2015. If its going to become a failure Blizzard and WoW is just going to be laughing stock by non-Wow players.

Personally I'll probably watch it, together with people whom I've previously played WoW with. Hopefully it will become a succes in the cinemas of the US so we can actually have a cinematic release here in Denmark as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    2015? Holy shit, that's like a decade too late. Who's going to watch it at that point? The at that point 4-5 million core players (here excluding trial accounts, people owning more than 1 account, and those who plays on and off)?
    Do they expect the 30-40 million players who previously played WoW with all the sweet memories but now nothing but hatred left for Blizzard for ruining the game at XXX point in time to all go watch the movie? What about all the CoD, Fifa and LoL teenage gamers who know nothing about MMOs and RPG? Or everyone else who have nothing but stereotypes left for those who plays/used to play WoW...? Does Blizzard really expect themselves to be able convince these type of people to come watch their WoW movie, a concept that slowly lost its appeal for everyone outside of the game by the death of the Lich King.

I'm sorry to say this, but unless it becomes a huge sucess then I doubt it will sell well. And if it becomes a huge sucess then I don't think it is the fact that it is based off WoW that made it a sucess in the first place.
    If it becomes a sucess its going to revive whats left of WoW in 2015. If its going to become a failure Blizzard and WoW is just going to be laughing stock by non-Wow players.

Personally I'll probably watch it, together with people whom I've previously played WoW with. Hopefully it will become a succes in the cinemas of the US so we can actually have a cinematic release here in Denmark as well.
    WoW =/= Warcraft Universe. And I'm sure most of the ppl who quit would be interested in the movie, since most quit because of "modern gameplay".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Thats what Tull said. They tend to be bad because the game doesnt have a good story to tell! Back in early 90s there was no Mass Effects too. Thats what was the problems then ! But in case of Warcraft movie we have VAST Story on which several Series of Warcraft movie can be taken ! And OFC we have great Mass Effects with 3D effects !
    There were Final Fantasy IIIs and Chrono Triggers and Planescape: Torments and Phantasy Stars in the early 90's.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    There were Final Fantasy IIIs and Chrono Triggers and Planescape: Torments and Phantasy Stars in the early 90's.
    don't forget xenogears, legend of dragoon, lunar the silver star

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Super Mario Brothers was a great game too.

Good game does not correlate with good movie.
    Yeah, but Super Mario doesn't have the lore that the Warcraft world does. There are so many cool things they could grab from the story. If it were me, I would go with Arthas. Why? Because it's a helluva story. People that haven't played a minute of wow would find it cool because it's a fascinating storyline, and the people that have played the game would likely get a thrill out of seeing Arthas on the big screen. I would at least.

I'm not sure this is relevant, but I'm going to post in anyway! This is off of Duncan Jones' Twitter:

"I am now following @Legendary in the hopes they drop some Warcraft spoilers... or goodies. Spoilers, goodies... food. Anything really."

I just have to stop you all right here. I'm gonna let all you guys talking bout Mortal Kombat, Doom, Street Fighter and Double Dragon finish.

But I gotta say that Super Mario Brothers was one of the best movies of all time.

The casting, was perfect. I could not make a better choice if I tried. See the Mario cartoon for examples of bad casting.
    The story, an edge masterpiece that warped the happy go lucky mushroom kingdom into something worthwhile. You have to give credit for taking something with 0 story and covering all its bases in a meaningful way in an interesting fleshed out environment.
    The effects, (Koopa's transformation aside....) it was dark, cool looking, I loved the goombas, and the fungus what an awesome reimagining of the fairy tale "mushroom kingdom".

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't change the story or mess a certain aspect up. Remember, just like a book, they can't add everything into a movie. But many director's tend to change big pieces of what made the book amazing!
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

I guess doom wasn't THAT bad. All I know is if the main antagonist whoever it may be doesn't use the words "merely a setback" by the halfway point, I'm throwing my popcorn at the screen and leaving in a blaze of fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh it would be nice if it is ACTUALLY made. WoW has great lore to work off of, so if they made a movie I think I would easily be able to watch it and enjoy it as long as it doesn't suck. Good luck to the film, it is a tough role to try and make something good out of a video game based franchise as history has shown so..
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

LOL @ all you sads that are cutting themselves thinking the movie will be terrible. You'll all be the first ones to see it.

It wont fail, It cant. There is so much riding on the success of this movie and while wow has over 8 million subscribers there are near a billion other people that don't play that im pretty sure would enjoy this movie not knowing a thing about its lore.

You can bet your money on the fact that they will line up a few wow movies ( Fast and Furious/Harry potter anyone? ). There will be hundreds of script changes and revisions to make sure its perfect.

Wow is currently losing subscribers and fast, this was all timed from the beginning. Why release movies when their subscribers are going so well?. They had plenty of time to make a movie back in the day. Instead they release the movies when subscriptions are dropping to entice more people back plus new ones as one giant glorified marketing campaign ( lets not forget wow is an MMORPG ) and while movies get revenue instantly and from a larger pool of people, subscribers will generate more profit in the long run.

They have got this nailed and sorted. I'm not concerned the slightest and am very optimistic for a great succession of movies to come. Provided the director isn't some alien obsessed nutjob like George Lucas... wow should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    LOL @ all you sads that are cutting themselves thinking the movie will be terrible. You'll all be the first ones to see it.
    Definitely not, I will be the one ignoring it completely and maybe download it one day when people will universaly say that it wasnt piece of shit.

Am I the only one who actually enjoys the Mario Bros movie? Not one of my favorites, but I still enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Am I the only one who actually enjoys the Mario Bros movie? Not one of my favorites, but I still enjoy it.
    I enjoyed it for what it's worth. I have it on dvd. It's just...not a good movie. That said, there's nothing wrong with enjoying oneself while watching movies that aren't good. Not every film can be Citizen Kane.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I enjoyed it, I also liked van dams street fighter, they were both bad movies but its one of those movies that are so bad its fun to watch.