10+ Year Old Account

Rift - anyone else having to queue now?

The game hasn't even gone F2P yet and EU queues are

Icewatch FULL - with queues
    Blightweald Medium (it's always low)
    Bloodiron Medium (it's also almost always low)

Elrar, the Community Manager appeared in Global Chat and got mixed reactions, but mostly positive.

Like F2P or not, people are trying Rift... and a lot of them seem to be doing so.

I expect the F2P date being (glorious) chaos with all the new content coming out + F2P release.

I may even level a new character just to participate in the euphoria of new players running old content. I absolutely love running dungeons and it's been long enough for me now to have forgotten most of the old ones and I'm keen to experience them with fresh players.

It's a bit of a madhouse

We'll make sure that the experience remains as smooth as possible for all our paying customers - but judging by the reaction we're seeing Telara is likely to be a very busy place in a few weeks!

All things considered these are good problems to have, and I too am looking forward to rolling a new character with a "Let's Play" live stream with the launch of Free-to-Play.

Cheers,
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Deleted
    Just started a fresh character on bloodiron eu, didn't move from the start spot whilst having my tea and in the 25 mins I was there 41 new characters started up and a fair few of them were getting subbed for x months acheivements so it's not looking too bad. Also I have to say defiant start zone is now a hundred times better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ratharold View Post
    Just started a fresh character on bloodiron eu, didn't move from the start spot whilst having my tea and in the 25 mins I was there 41 new characters started up and a fair few of them were getting subbed for x months acheivements so it's not looking too bad. Also I have to say defiant start zone is now a hundred times better
    Um, why start a character on a PvP server? You're a masochist? He He. Maybe move it to PvE?

You do know that you can level on PvE and transfer to PvP later (FREE) - just trying to save you the agony of getting ganked ^^

Just reserve your name on the PvP server by making a lvl 1 character before you move to PvE. You can freely move any character once per week between servers.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-05-16 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    I am a masochist, 3 lvl 60's born and raised on bloodiron and mostly levelled through pvp. The only raid I have done in rift is iron tombs and a few chronicles it does sound weird as everyone says rift isn't too good for PvP, but it always seems to be pve focussed players saying that I only PvP and to me the choice in souls and 6 specs is great, oh and by the way I will be a patron been here from the start and subbed till 2014

Deleted
    I originally playing at IW
    but yesterday shocked that i saw Blightweald medium. I log in with my alt there, and God! There were tons of low level players!
    Seems the f2p RIFT will be a success, nice to see again so many ppl!

I'm one of those 'new' players who decided to check out Rift yesterday, after the announcement that it went F2P. I had previously spent some time in Rift Lite to check it out and got a character to level 20. Still, I didn't want to buy the game because I don't play enough to warrant a subscription. With the move to the F2P model, I'm definately interested again and wanted to see if I still liked the gameplay. I might buy the game now so I can play beyond level 20 for the coming month and have the profits of extra character/bag slots when it goes F2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift will basically be the best F2P MMO available, are new servers a possibility?

When I was levelling my Warrior a couple of months back, lag felt like an issue on Icewatch.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-05-16 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Rift will basically be the best F2P MMO available, are new servers a possibility?
    I think they may have too judging by the response on the first day of just the announcement. Just the suggestion of it going to go F2P saw people downloading and logging in.

Trion are pretty good are handling emergencies - you may not recall, but the Rift launch was one of the most smooth launches ever.

Yeah that's awesome if the servers are allready now living again! I'm not subbed for nearly a year now but I will play again when it's f2p and will give them some money! It will definetly be the best f2p mmorpg on the market!

Deleted
    Will there be some sort of priority queuing for subbed folks? No offence but when it goes f2p the only thing that will annoy me about the whole change will be if I can't log in due to massive queues of f2p players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballrazor View Post
    Will there be some sort of priority queuing for subbed folks? No offence but when it goes f2p the only thing that will annoy me about the whole change will be if I can't log in due to massive queues of f2p players.
    Don't have time to find the exact quote but I think they did say subscribers will have priority in queues.

I think most people saw the news about Rift going f2p and then found out that if you use Raptr and log 14 hours in Rift Lite, you'll get the full game + expansion + 30 days gametime for free. So if you do this now, you will have more char slots and stuff when it goes f2p and can play the full game until it does. I also think a lot of the people that start now will be gone within weeks, if not sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I think most people saw the news about Rift going f2p and then found out that if you use Raptr and log 14 hours in Rift Lite, you'll get the full game + expansion + 30 days gametime for free. So if you do this now, you will have more char slots and stuff when it goes f2p and can play the full game until it does. I also think a lot of the people that start now will be gone within weeks, if not sooner.
    Yeah, there's only 3000 or so left - I gave my free key away yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Yeah, there's only 3000 or so left - I gave my free key away yesterday.
    They get refreshed when the inventory is low.
    Rift Scene - Still the best Rift fansite.
    Cupcakey 5/5 EE, 4/4 FT

Deleted
    The queue is only 49, but It's taking like 15-20 mins ;(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ratharold View Post
    I experienced something similar as well. I found it strange though, is the offer of bonus and/or vanity items really worth the expense of subscribing 6 months when you weren't already currently subscribed? (As it was in the case that I saw)

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    It's a bit of a madhouse

We'll make sure that the experience remains as smooth as possible for all our paying customers - but judging by the reaction we're seeing Telara is likely to be a very busy place in a few weeks!

All things considered these are good problems to have, and I too am looking forward to rolling a new character with a "Let's Play" live stream with the launch of Free-to-Play.

Cheers,
    Is it okay if I bring more friends then? Just pile them on top of the rest?

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

talking to a friend today on wow - both of us reckon we may try this now(i already pay for 2 mmo's so a third isnt wise atm)

about a new server, why not have a pve server for all those who join when it becomes f2p?? - or is that not viable!!

ps - i say pve server cos when i look at the server lists for mmo's it seems the pve server are usually more packed then the pvp server

Deleted
    Levelling with the influx of new players is awesome. The zone wide events are just so epic with 200-300 people present. I'm really glad my PC can run this game on ultra graphics because truly the game is amazing. I'm really happy it's going F2P means I get the best of both worlds: Wow and RIFT.