View Poll Results: How Should balance have handled this?

Voters
45. This poll is closed
  • You handled it correctly..diffuse!

14 31.11%
  • You should have raged back and not taken that!

5 11.11%
  • He was trolling you, no response is the right play

26 57.78%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Choose your own adventure - Post arena rage - how would you have handled this?

Do you like stories?

Just sharing a personal story that happened to me this afternoon while i was capping my brother's account's feral on KT.

was messing around on it and realized it wasn't capped.. saw a 2400 pally LF 2s and inv't him. we did a bunch..i didnt have macros or anything but powershift and i'm a really bad feral admittedly so it was painful for him i'm sure but we were still like.. 10-1 11-2 or something.

then we went up against this warrior. i recognized the name because i've played him on my lock, so i knew we werent going to win. but we lasted a super long time for both being honor-geared with no weaps etc.

so he finally catches me with a 110k Dragon's Roar and a 70K herc strike pretty much simultaneously. not so weird.. was going to happen eventually. we lasted through 3 rounds of his cds so i was like eh.

he starts to emote spitting on me and laughing at me etc etc.

i know we can't name and shame on forums so lets call him..."Bob". At this point i'm thinking Bob knows who my main or something fkd up so i ask the pally if he's streaming or something he says no.

anyways if that wasnt enough; he whispers me and this was what was said, keep in mind this isnt some 2k sh*tter.. this is a 2700+ multi glad warr in full tyr:

now.. normally this type of thing just happens and it's whatever but i'm interested to see how you handle it.

here's my question, because after this happened i thinking about it and it's kind of BS. what's the point of this from a player like that? i was also thinking i should have shit talked back to him but i didnt want him to know who it actually was. i'm regretting it a little.. lol.

so - do you think this was the right way to handle it? or should i have sh*t talked back? The ending is particularly .

only the poll will tell
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-15 at 09:58 PM.

I'd have goaded him, pointing out that I'm playing with minimal macro and UI support on an unfamiliar character with little in terms of gear compared to his seasoned Warrior.

I'd also have mocked him for having taken 3 rounds of CDs to kill me, but that's just me.

Doesn't seem to be a suitable option for that though ;p

Deleted
    I would have just put him on ignore after the first message.

You didn't do a very good job covering up his name on those screenies, so this does feel like a name and shame thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post

You didn't do a very good job covering up his name on those screenies, so this does feel like a name and shame thread.
    I thought that it was a level 1 alt, quick google search finds a Human Male. Pretty standard.

10+ Year Old Account

i rushed it alittle..but i dont think you can read it.

edit - oh crap you can - fixed sorry about that.

PS - you must have searched the wrong name because that was him
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-15 at 09:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    I thought that it was a level 1 alt, quick google search finds a Human Male. Pretty standard.
    Well I'm browsing forums whilst working so I didn't bother checking, but what's the point in blanking the name at all then?

I would've told him to grow up, and then put him on ignore after the first line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm browsing forums whilst working so I didn't bother checking, but what's the point in blanking the name at all then?
    just leave it alone, it's blanked 100% now.

surprisingly even poll results btw..wasnt expecting that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    snip
    Some people don't have much going in their life and are secretly desperate to hold power over others. Gaming offers them the window to forget for short periods of time who they are. Not much else going on here, quite evident from what he said to you.

You handled it well, i would of ruined his evening.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2013-05-15 at 09:59 PM.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

10+ Year Old Account
    Niberon! i know that was you that caught that name. lol.. coincidence i assure you!

10+ Year Old Account
    The first thing I'd do is changing his name to Bob. Bam, done.

Just putting him ignore is the best thing to do imo, such players are not worth your time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not replying at all to people like that is what hurts them most (don't put them on ignore, but actually ignore them yourself). These kind of people actually WANT you to talk back so they can trashtalk even more and feel good about not only winning the battle but also 'winning the arguement' (in their eyes). Trust me, I know these kind of people a little too well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    The first thing I'd do is changing his name to Bob. Bam, done.

Just putting him ignore is the best thing to do imo, such players are not worth your time.
    I called it! lol

I think you handled it fine. No point lowering yourself down to his level.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the "edited by Niberion" under your post was a pretty obvious hint I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Not replying at all to people like this is what hurts them most. These kind of people actually WANT you to talk back so they can trashtalk even more and feel good about not only winning the battle but also 'winning the arguement' (in their eyes). Trust me, I know these kind of people a little too well.
    i agree man.. with both of you. but i was little annoyed / confused because it wasn't just some random. not that he's amazing.. but he's good enough to not need to do that sh*t.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Yeah, the "edited by Niberion" under your post was a pretty obvious hint I think
    wasnt there when i noticed ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    no response or responding with "k" is usually the best way to respond. consequentially that does count as harrassment if he made a lvl 1 just to shit talk you etc is a 3 day bannable offense and it does happen so if you really wanted to be a prick thats one avenue.

There's really no point replying to people like that. There's 2 situations; The first situation is that he's trolling you, in which case there's no point replying because it'll probably just get worse. The second situation is that he's not trolling and actually thinks that's how people are meant to interact, which i'd take as a hint not to bother replying at all.

I can't think of any scenario where it's worth your time replying to him, unless YOU wanted to troll him for shits and giggles - but obviously that isn't the morally correct way to handle it.

Overall, poll is probably right. Saying barely anything or completely ignoring him is probably the best bet (Although, putting him on /ignore would probably cause him to log another character to further harass. Just replying with "okay" etc is normally the best way to handle it, as it shows that you're not interested at all).

15+ Year Old Account
    i'd have hacked his computer, foudn out where he lives and firebombed his house...

I'd say ignore his taunts cos that would piss him off, and admittedly i'd know in hindsight that I should do the same, but at the time I'd probably slay him verbally =D

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have ignored him

Time is too short for those kinds of people