Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Some advice on Horridon Heroic.

Hey.

Just recently i've joined a new guild, and we're trying to progress on Horridon HC(25m)
    I've been searching through the web for a while, for what specc is in general the best one on this encounter yet i can't seem to find anything specific, this might ofcourse be because there is no best specc, yet i'd find that hard to believe.

At the moment i'm playing Destro, with an Ilvl of 517 yet i was only able to pull out 136k on our final attempt where we ended up on a 40% wipe due to enrage timer. This is in my opinion dissappointingly low, so i was also wondering if you guys could come up with some general advice for it? I sadly don't got any logs for it so you'd be able to check it out there, but i can hope i guess.

Zonday.

Quote Originally Posted by ZondayLock View Post

At the moment i'm playing Destro, with an Ilvl of 517 yet i was only able to pull out 136k on our final attempt where we ended up on a 40% wipe due to enrage timer. This is in my opinion dissappointingly low, so i was also wondering if you guys could come up with some general advice for it? I sadly don't got any logs for it so you'd be able to check it out there, but i can hope i guess.
    Logs would definitely help as that seems a bit low for Destruction. My guild is progressing on this as well and if I still had a Destro spec I would play it, but I've gone Affliction(for Tortos/abusing Megaera soul swapping and others)/Demonology thanks to the UVLS. Demo seems to work well for me on this fight but without logs I can't really say anything. Make sure to havoc shadowburns and snipe what you can, and save cds for the important adds(which you guys probably are doing okay with as you reached 40%). Take MF if you haven't, it does help.
    twitch.tv/algekevin - 10m Warlock, with feral/monk alts!

Deleted
    My bad. I got the logs. Wasn't told that our mage pulled it (:

Yet it doesn't seem like i can post it due to me being "new here"
    You can find it by checking WoL -> English Servers -> Tarren Mill -> Pavo Ludo -> Tonight (15/5)
    And i'm Zonday btw, even though that should be sortof obvious.

I know it doesn't look good, as i'm not exactly close to perfecting the warlock class.
    Anyways, advice would be appreciated (:

There is plenty of information out there on this. Short sum-up.
    Destro is the best. Spec manaroths fury and GoSac, RoF everything, FnB everything. And most importantly use Havoc on boss and minimum 3x SB on adds that are low. You can do 200k+ like this.
    For direhorn use CoE. And summon imp in last phase if needed and put him on direhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    There is plenty of information out there on this. Short sum-up.
    Destro is the best. Spec manaroths fury and GoSac, RoF everything, FnB everything. And most importantly use Havoc on boss and minimum 3x SB on adds that are low. You can do 200k+ like this.
    For direhorn use CoE. And summon imp in last phase if needed and put him on direhorn.
    If you're talking about max personal DPS there's a few things here that are not quite accurate:
    If you're using Sac, summoning a pet is definitely worth the ember for the last phase. That said, it's much more DPS to keep your pet on the boss and use a CoE on the direhorn every 4-6 seconds.

Also, as of last night anyway I had the top parse for Destro on 10H using GoSup w/ Imp on the boss full time.

That said, if you are still trying to get the fight down and you need damage where it matters, you would be best off using GoSac and using havoc on a high-health mob and cleaving Shadowburns on to the high health mob.

The other info in the above post is accurate for the most part though.

This is from your longest pull:

This is a kill I had a few weeks ago with a similar kill time:

Your mistakes are somewhat clear just off looking at a damage breakdown from the fight:
    -Your rain of fire up-time needs to be higher, 25M damage vs 5M damage. on top of the RoF damage it allows you to spam Chaos bolts nearly the entire fight for the first 4 doors (along with Shadowburning kill targets sub 20%).
    -Don't use Fire and Brimstone anywhere near as much as you are, I mainly use it for Conflag/Immolate. What you are doing is you are Spamming F&B+Incinerate and just leaving yourself Ember capped the entire fight and you are damaging useless mobs.
    -You have around 25M less Shadowburn damage then I do (and I generally don't spam shadowburn as much as I should either)
    -8M less Immolate damage, I primarily use Immolate (F&B) on the 2nd and 3rd door, on the 1st and 4th I generally don't find the need for it (unless your raid dps is too low in which case you end up with a lot of adds up at all times.

-----

How are you handling the Direhorn that goes on you? I just have a focus Fel Flame macro and tab it once every 6-8 seconds (I know others use pets, this just seems easier to me as Destro since I use GoSac for the increase Sburn/Cbolt damage since combined it is like 65%+ of my damage.

----

Are you using Mannoroths Fury or KJC? You should be using MF

----
    During Phase 2 (After all 4 doors are done) and it is just a burn phase I use a Focus Havoc macro and just rotate my spells so that it goes Incinerate/Cbolt/Incinerate/Cbolt/Conflag so that the add stays max range at all time (If you just spam 3 Incinerates at the boss it will only get knocked back 1 maybe 2 times, rather then the full 3 because of the travel times, doing this allows you to never really need to move.

If I left anything out or you have any other questions feel free to Private Message me.
    Last edited by Novx; 2013-05-16 at 06:23 AM.

It looks like you're not keeping RoF down nearly enough. I'm 510 iLvl, doing about 160k-ish (but not seeing final phase quite yet). Since I can't post links either, I'll do some copy pasta from Icy-veins, a few paragraphs that help for this one.

Shadowburn and Rain of Fire. There are SO many adds in this fight that you'll be responsible for executing them quickly. Your raid will set up DPS priorities on adds, but your job will be to keep Rain of Fire up so that you can Shadowburn infinitely (more than the 4 times alloted). Rain of Fire will generate Embers so fast you won't know what to do with them other than mega-execute adds. Use your Havoc macro to cleave damage onto Horridon. You will almost never target Horridon as there will almost always be an add up which is a priority target over Horridon. Mannoroth's Fury shouldn't be necessary as the adds should be clumped up on a tank. KJC is very useful for moving and casting at the same time to avoid green poison and sand traps.

If you care about min/maxing, I recommend going full Mastery and Crit on this fight. A majority of your damage should be from Shadowburn and Haste affects the casting of this ability about none. You'll want mega-nukes on adds, so be prepared to reforge a bit. Your choice between Sacrifice and Supremacy is yours. I chose to leave my Imp on Horridon and have him switch when needed (Venom Priests/War Bears/Ice Lords).

Mannoroth's Fury shouldn't be necessary as the adds should be clumped up on a tank. KJC is very useful for moving and casting at the same time to avoid green poison and sand traps.
    This is another example of why you should always take everything on Icy-Veins with a grain of salt. You don't need to move at all for Sand Traps and the poison clouds, maybe 2-3 steps? If you run MF you are able to make sure everything will get hit from 1 RoF including the boss.

I dont use MF for this I use KJC because our adds are very mobile. I also use Gosup and keep pet on the boss entire time. Since we have priority targets, I try to ember burn on them with chaos bolts only switching off and saving my havocs for shadow burns. If u have trouble with ur pink dino, make a target direhorn macro and target horridon macro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Also, as of last night anyway I had the top parse for Destro on 10H using GoSup w/ Imp on the boss full time.
    Why Imp and not Observer if it stays on the boss anyway and therefore no 'less movement advantage'? I assume because of missing meele debuffs?

Quote Originally Posted by miiasma View Post
    Why Imp and not Observer if it stays on the boss anyway and therefore no 'less movement advantage'? I assume because of missing meele debuffs?
    I found that when going from door 2->3 and when the boss charges back at door 2 my melee pets were despawning, while an Imp wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    I dont use MF for this I use KJC because our adds are very mobile.

If anything this is a reason why you should use MF...KJC Rain of fires are tiny, you probably spend 50% of ur time on adds redoing RoF

Deleted
    Yeah okay. Well at the moment i'm using KJC, but i'll try to go with MF tonight then. (I will probably have to run a few LFR's on Horridon since i've gotten pretty addicted to the "Cast while running" thing.)

I'll also keep in mind not to F&B+Incinerate as much and focus on the SB's and CB's, Since with the MF i can't imagine embers being a problem either.
    So far i havn't had any issues with controling the add. I've been using GoSup and had my Imp taking it, and then switching the imp back to the adds when it got far away. I also have a macro in case it gets uncomfortably close with CoE. I'll try going with GoSac however, to see how it works out.

Thanks for the advice though (: I'll probably be back after tonights raid and post the logs again, in case you wouldn't mind running through another bunch of Horridon attempts ^^

That's pretty impressive log there. And ofc use ember to summon pet. II just couldn't remember what the ability was called. I'm gonna try put the imp on the boss next kill. Tried it on progress but felt it was more for whoring. My DPS seems to be worse and worse on horrid each week cause adds die faster and faster. Also adds being to far from the boss also screwes me.

Quote Originally Posted by ZondayLock View Post
    Yeah okay. Well at the moment i'm using KJC, but i'll try to go with MF tonight then. (I will probably have to run a few LFR's on Horridon since i've gotten pretty addicted to the "Cast while running" thing.)

I'll also keep in mind not to F&B+Incinerate as much and focus on the SB's and CB's, Since with the MF i can't imagine embers being a problem either.
    So far i havn't had any issues with controling the add. I've been using GoSup and had my Imp taking it, and then switching the imp back to the adds when it got far away. I also have a macro in case it gets uncomfortably close with CoE. I'll try going with GoSac however, to see how it works out.

Thanks for the advice though (: I'll probably be back after tonights raid and post the logs again, in case you wouldn't mind running through another bunch of Horridon attempts ^^
    I am still progressing on this fight as well. While GoSup with pet on boss does much more dmg, your pets damage is not effective damage if you not getting to the final burn stage on Horridon. This is why I have elected for Sac so I can pump out just a bit extra DD on the adds. Once the fight is farm I will go back to GoSup and buff my dmg on Horridon.

As for KJC vs MF, its no contest. I tried with mannoroths and my damage went down. I am too used to casting while moving! however I forced myself to stick to it and now I am above what I was doing with KJC. Simply cant compare to the ember generation of MF and the number of CB I am able to tunnel at adds because of it! So if at first it seems worse, stick with it.... its much much better than KJC

Overall however, the biggest advantage to Mannoroths is with the huge AoE range, F&B anything will knock your Dino back. Almost takes it right out of the picture as any time I feel pressure I F&B conflag while repositioning and knocking him back. I generally end up doing F&B, CB, F&B, CB if my Dino is near, and chain CB if not.

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, switch to MF(just have to get used to maximizing movement, which should be fine if you played at all before the introduction of KJC).

keep RoF up as much as possible, CB more, FnB Incin less. Will give you more damage to higher priority targets. Shadowburn whenever your can, and cleave them onto the boss whenever havoc is available. Once you get it all down you should be able to keep at least 200k going from the first door onward.

Just to expand a bit on what Soulzar said about MF:

Get used to using MF, it is used on a LOT of fights as Destro (heroic)

Horridon
    Council
    Tortos (depends on strat though)
    Magaera (personal preference since the only time you need to move is for Frost beam, in which case you are out of range to DPS anyways, and for transitions when there are no heads up)
    Durumu
    Primordius
    Dark Animus (Haven't personally done the fight and I likely won't be doing it as Destro, but I would probably choose MF if I do)

Deleted
    So.. We finished up our raid now.
    Sadly we didn't get to progress on Horri HC due to lack of attendance by certain players, so we cleared what we could of it on normal.
    Anyways i tried to follow the advices (as good as i could atleast and tried out MF)

At the end of the fight i was no. 4 in meters with approx 190K -/+ DPS and a 100% activity.
    This ofcourse could've been better i guess, but taken in mind it was my first try then i'm glad for the improvement.

Doubt the logs would be of any use as they somehow forgot to turn it on on Horri and only got up on council.
    Yet if anyone of you would like to check em out you can find them the same way as earlier.
    WoL - English Servers -> Tarren Mill -> Pavo Ludo -> Tonights log (16/5)

Anyways, i just wanted to say thanks for the general advices i've gotten and that it did help out (:

Deleted
    I don't think FnB incinerate is even close to as good as you think it is. Personally I would never use it, there is almost always a priority target so spreading your damage that much is not that great.

As others said, keeping up RoF hitting as many mobs as possible will give you a big boost in itself in addition to generating loads of embers. MF is useful to hit more stuff, but I would say if you are too comfortable with KJC it's ok to go with that.

Also very importantly, havoc SB is ridiculously good. Havoc the mobs you want to kill (or boss for even more raw damage) and do 3 SB on low adds. In addition to doing mad damage in 4 globals, you will probably even get embers back from low mobs dying, resulting in even more CBs!

TL;DR Stay Destro, less incinerate, more RoF, more Havoc+SB, more CB.

FnB immolate is a must for ember gen on horridon