Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Focus throw or glyphed Whirlwind.

Deleted
    He tried Piercing Howl and said it worked wonders.

Got the kill tonight. Thanks a lot, guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Piercing Howl will waste his rage and also means you cannot using Disrupting SHout which is a massive help for 3/4 of the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    Set direhorn spirit to focus, then use this macro:

#showtooltip Throw
    /cast [@focus] Throw

That macro SHOULD work.
    Best way to do it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungeonravor View Post
    Best way to do it
    Are you implying it is better to have a macro that inturrupts your rotation for .5 secs than glyphing WW (which helps on the ads anyways), and simply going about your normal rotation (replaying WS with WW)? I think you are nuts.

If you are SMF WW on single target is a dps loss and throw doesnt interrupt your rotation since its off the GCD. You'll also have to do WW pretty often if you rely only on that which will mess up your rage pooling and CS phases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Are you implying it is better to have a macro that inturrupts your rotation for .5 secs than glyphing WW (which helps on the ads anyways), and simply going about your normal rotation (replaying WS with WW)? I think you are nuts.
    Considering you shouldn't be getting a spirit before the last door/burn phase anyway, it's not that strange. The option than becomes wasting rage on WW or delaying rotation to throw.

Whirlwind glyph is the best way to deal with it, IMO it's the best 3rd glyph for this fight as it will ensure that your whirlwind hits as many targets as possible. Not everything is stacked up the entire encounter, and even if the glyph hits 1/2 extra targets 20% of the time, it's a better glyph than raging wind/rude interruption. I circled Horridon and kited the dino at the very end, but I used whirlwind to knock him away when attacking the Warlord, and while we were cleaning up adds on the 4th door.

(Not to mention that Horridon is slightly out of range, and the glyph almost ensures that it hits Horridon fairly often, which is nice with the increased damage done to him.)

I managed a #1 10H parse without staying on the boss the entire time, so my method can't be all that bad.

IMO, Whirlwind and Enraged Speed are 2 of the more underrated glyphs, and depending on your guilds strat, may end up being the best 3rd glyph option for some encounters.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-05-18 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    throw doesnt interrupt your rotation since its off the GCD
    Did this really get by both Collision and Dark????????? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO????
    Ex top 20 world Warrior. Now casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post
    Did this really get by both Collision and Dark????????? WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TO????
    I didn't mention anything about it not interrupting your rotation, but it does pause your swing timer so it's not an optimal solution. (Hell, it might reset it as it turns your autoattacks off, and you have to press a button to start them up again.) Plus, how is whirlwind not a dps increase for most of the encounter anyway? You're using the ability anyway, how hard is it to time it so it hits the dino when you would have normally used it anyway? By the time Horridon is at execute, you can just kite the guy in circles while executing the boss, and pre-execute, whirlwind is a dps increase over wild strike/heroic strike on 2+ targets, since you would be hitting the dino and at least one other target at the same time.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-05-19 at 08:48 AM.

For SMF at least, WW is 100% a dps loss when you have only horridon left, and that's usually the only time you will have the dino on you unless you are running with a shitload of melee. I haven't paid any attention to if the dino actually takes damage, from what I've seen it just seems to get knocked back. Even if WW does deal dmg to the dino in addition to the boss is it still just useless padding but if getting ranks is your goal it might be just as viable. Personally I'll rather take a 0.5 sec interrupt of my melee swings than using 30 rage for WW, and risking having to use it in a CS since you will never be able to knock it further back than 10 yards or so, whereas with throw you can constantly keep it at 20+ yards range. Also being the only sunder armor in my raid I prefer to keep CS glyph on.

Like I said, when Horridon is the only target, you can just kite the dino around in a circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    For SMF at least, WW is 100% a dps loss when you have only horridon left, and that's usually the only time you will have the dino on you unless you are running with a shitload of melee. I haven't paid any attention to if the dino actually takes damage, from what I've seen it just seems to get knocked back. Even if WW does deal dmg to the dino in addition to the boss is it still just useless padding but if getting ranks is your goal it might be just as viable. Personally I'll rather take a 0.5 sec interrupt of my melee swings than using 30 rage for WW, and risking having to use it in a CS since you will never be able to knock it further back than 10 yards or so, whereas with throw you can constantly keep it at 20+ yards range. Also being the only sunder armor in my raid I prefer to keep CS glyph on.
    And we're done. WW is very advantageous over the WHOLE encounter. Since you are rarely on Horridon and the targets die so quickly, CS glyph doesn't hold that much weight here. As far as Rude interruption is concerned, you can interrupt on 2nd and 4th door but when else (you didn't bring it up, someone else did.) What you are talking about is screwing with a swing timer instead of lose a very small amount of dps (you said 100%....that would mean you do 0 dps when you WW a boss instead of WS. Think about logic here.) Your argument turned invalid with this statement.

For final phase, what it comes down to is you can either kite and WW when he gets close or interrupt your swing timer and use a throw macro. Since delaying the swing timer comes with an obvious opportunity cost or two (remember, to cast throw, you have to remain still and can't kite) WW has less disadvantages. I would never advise interweaving WW into single target DPS as SMF (or TG for that matter), but when looking at the alternative, WW is the best option in combination with kiting. Sometimes you won't even have to WW final phase if your dino is positioned just right and you kite perfectly, but for the "O Shit" moments, trust me.....stopping to /cast throw is the last thing you want to do. Instead, you want to run away and WW....much safer.

Throw FTW, you get the spirit around the time you are killing/killed war god anyways. WW is a huge drop of rage and if you get unlucky, you are pretty much dead, if you keep rage for it all the time, means you lose dps so rather just use throw everytime it lands from a knockback, 2-3 of those and you can dps for 2-3 sec, keep doing it and it goes great.

Deleted
    From our experience (only got one kill so far so it's limited) Piercing Howl seemed to work the best. Probably the interrupt AoE would help but we have everyone decently coordinated for interrupts so we really didn't miss it and it didn't seem to affect his DPS as much as the Throw macro did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always used a focus throw macro. Works well.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    I didn't mention anything about it not interrupting your rotation, but it does pause your swing timer so it's not an optimal solution. (Hell, it might reset it as it turns your autoattacks off, and you have to press a button to start them up again.) Plus, how is whirlwind not a dps increase for most of the encounter anyway? You're using the ability anyway, how hard is it to time it so it hits the dino when you would have normally used it anyway? By the time Horridon is at execute, you can just kite the guy in circles while executing the boss, and pre-execute, whirlwind is a dps increase over wild strike/heroic strike on 2+ targets, since you would be hitting the dino and at least one other target at the same time.
    Not arguing that. But the small tidbit that I copied.
    Ex top 20 world Warrior. Now casual.

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    And we're done. WW is very advantageous over the WHOLE encounter. Since you are rarely on Horridon and the targets die so quickly, CS glyph doesn't hold that much weight here. As far as Rude interruption is concerned, you can interrupt on 2nd and 4th door but when else (you didn't bring it up, someone else did.) What you are talking about is screwing with a swing timer instead of lose a very small amount of dps (you said 100%....that would mean you do 0 dps when you WW a boss instead of WS. Think about logic here.) Your argument turned invalid with this statement.

For final phase, what it comes down to is you can either kite and WW when he gets close or interrupt your swing timer and use a throw macro. Since delaying the swing timer comes with an obvious opportunity cost or two (remember, to cast throw, you have to remain still and can't kite) WW has less disadvantages. I would never advise interweaving WW into single target DPS as SMF (or TG for that matter), but when looking at the alternative, WW is the best option in combination with kiting. Sometimes you won't even have to WW final phase if your dino is positioned just right and you kite perfectly, but for the "O Shit" moments, trust me.....stopping to /cast throw is the last thing you want to do. Instead, you want to run away and WW....much safer.
    Perhaps I should have formulated myself differently, but I didn't say WW is a 100% loss in dps, that doesn't make any sense. I said "100% a dps loss" as in definitely a dps loss. It comes down to whether a 0.5 sec pause on your swing timer is more or less of a dps loss than 30 rage spent on WW instead of HS/WS/whatever. I'm inclined to believe the difference is completely negligible and it just comes down to personal preference. I prefer not to kite around the boss and risk being out of smokebomb/barrier/running in front/back of the boss just as swipe hits and other unforeseen contingencies and be able to maintain my single target rotation as optimal as possible. In the end its your preference vs. my preference and unless someone does the math for it neither of us can claim one way is superior to the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I should have formulated myself differently, but I didn't say WW is a 100% loss in dps, that doesn't make any sense. I said "100% a dps loss" as in definitely a dps loss. It comes down to whether a 0.5 sec pause on your swing timer is more or less of a dps loss than 30 rage spent on WW instead of HS/WS/whatever. I'm inclined to believe the difference is completely negligible and it just comes down to personal preference. I prefer not to kite around the boss and risk being out of smokebomb/barrier/running in front/back of the boss just as swipe hits and other unforeseen contingencies and be able to maintain my single target rotation as optimal as possible. In the end its your preference vs. my preference and unless someone does the math for it neither of us can claim one way is superior to the other.
    I tried to add once. Bad things happened.

In the end its your preference vs. my preference and unless someone does the math for it neither of us can claim one way is superior to the other.
    And that's where you are wrong. Not saying one way to handle the add is better than the other but kiting around the boss IS the higher DPS solution because you won't interrupt your rotation with throw or waste rage to keep the add away. This is obviously ignoring the safety risk of splitting off the group but nobody dies of a double aoe combo anymore and it's easy enough to completely ignore the warlord nowadays. With 5.3 coming, I guess it will become the norm to ignore the warlord and just finish the boss which will make it even unlikelier to be targeted by the add.