Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pvp power is going to be the dominant stat in pvp now obviously. Its just in 5.2 spec stat priority was way better. For instance, hunters getting the 8800 proc agi trinket, and lining that up with powershot. If that hunter goes full agi, and or agi + pvp power, then that proc will be obviously more deadly than if he had agi + resil. But there will be no catch in 5.3 since there is a baseline resilience. So this alllows the hunter to go main spec stat + power and not lose his damage reduction any more so than what everyone else is. I think this is a good change, 5.2 really felt like the most Guinea pig pvp season ever. 5.3 is bringing down high burst, and turning it into lower burst for longer duration (more manageable and not as punishing while CCd) which will really allow for player skill to take effect, rather than player class determining the victor within 3 seconds of starting the match. I just wish the elite gear was more rewarding, they are making it to close to community gear. Reward the players to achieved 2.2 in the crazy 5.2 patch with better statd elite pvp gear. And all the OP mages will have their hands full when they lose their global kill burst, so itll actually be some pvp at 2k+ brackets.

Deleted
    its a survivability boost to some who already gem all out pvp power/main stat.

Baselining everything is whats wrecking the game IMO. Ever since vanilla, the more changes they made to make everything more "equal" has just screwed things up. They could get rid of resil all together instead of defaulting it to 65%, but healing, damage, and hp pools are too messed up at this point to do that effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    I dont know how damage looks after 5.3 but. But if its anything like atm 65% is not enough.
    Last night Ench shamy plus mage blown me up in 2 globals in stun ---> 68%resi 440k hp. Other chap
    I was in arena with was like OO WTF.
    Doesn't really say much if we don't know your class. You will have about the same resi next patch and everyone will deal less damage/healing, so they won't burst you as fast as now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chestbrah View Post
    Baselining everything is whats wrecking the game IMO. Ever since vanilla, the more changes they made to make everything more "equal" has just screwed things up. They could get rid of resil together instead of defaulting it to 65%, but healing, damage, and hp pools are too messed up at this point to do that effectively.
    Then they'd have to buff monsters out in the world too.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-05-16 at 03:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    Title says it all, I hope it will help with survival, game feels really bursty/too many ccs.
    Not everything has to be a buff or a nerf. There is a such thing as a lateral change.

You'd be better served to stop trying to categorize everything... or rather to have someone else categorize it for you so you know whether you should be happy or sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Babywipe View Post
    Yea The pvp power nerf seems like it will balance it out. I am also kinda concerned that say a blood death knight in pve gear will have all these defenses, now it will get a free 65% resil. I don't really see the balance in something like that
    Tanking specs are also going to be taking more damage running flags.

So I am in almost full 493 gear on my DK and I gem full on resilience. I have 67.51% resilience right now with one pve trinket. After the patch the resilience I get from gems will drop from 2880 from Gems alone to 1440 from gems, so that 1440 resilience will become 4.64 resilience (310 for 1%). So after patch I will be at 69.64% resilience (presumably).

I am guessing the 200 res to chest will still be 200? Does the new pvp gear have the socket bonuses for res?

For me personally if I don't change my gems I will get buffed assuming the socket bonuses go away as well, if they stay and the 200 res to chest stays then I get really buffed with an extra 2.19% resilience taking me to 71.83% resilience.

That would mean I would go from taking 32.49% damage to taking 28.17% damage which is a reduction of about 13%. Coupled with the power reduction and I will be taking much less damage than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    So I am in almost full 493 gear on my DK and I gem full on resilience. I have 67.51% resilience right now with one pve trinket. After the patch the resilience I get from gems will drop from 2880 from Gems alone to 1440 from gems, so that 1440 resilience will become 4.64 resilience (310 for 1%). So after patch I will be at 69.64% resilience (presumably).

I am guessing the 200 res to chest will still be 200? Does the new pvp gear have the socket bonuses for res?

For me personally if I don't change my gems I will get buffed assuming the socket bonuses go away as well, if they stay and the 200 res to chest stays then I get really buffed with an extra 2.19% resilience taking me to 71.83% resilience.

That would mean I would go from taking 32.49% damage to taking 28.17% damage which is a reduction of about 13%. Coupled with the power reduction and I will be taking much less damage than before.
    I don't think you will get that much resi. Try it on the PTR and tell us the result!
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Yes, they never mentioned enchants being changed at all. Based off what I see on wowhead the resil socket bonuses are being changed to power of equal value (160 resil changed to 160 power). If you can get on the PTR let us know what you end up at in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    Yes, they never mentioned enchants being changed at all. Based off what I see on wowhead the resil socket bonuses are being changed to power of equal value (160 resil changed to 160 power). If you can get on the PTR let us know what you end up at in there.
    So I copied over and in the same exact gear/gems/enchants it was 1820, bringing me to 67.55%. So slight buff, but I will for sure be switching my gems because I would be trading 2.55% res for a ton of strength.