Thread: H Magaera

H Magaera

Hello, all thanks again for the H Council advice it worked! Were doing H Magaera now this week. I already know the set order Blue -> Red -> Purple -> Blue -> Red -> Purple - >Blue but I was wondering how to do a couple other things:

1.) Ive seen several different ways to handle the Frost beam but am not sure which strategy to do (Yes we have a warlock) Any input would be great!

2.) On the Arcane heads how do you handle the adds? We have a DD DK so he can go Frost w/ Blood Presence if that strat is still ideal? As a hunter I can help MD the adds to him etc, but my question is should the adds be chained CC'd and killed during rampage or do you do a hard swap and kill them when they spawn/are grouped up?

Raid Comp:

Prot Paladin
    Prot Warrior

Disc Priest
    Mistweaver
    Holy Paladin

Unholy/Frost DK (MS Unholy would go only go Frost if we need him to tank the wyrms)
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Boomkin
    Mage

Thanks for any input/tips you guys have! We only raid 2 days a week so going in with a good strategy/execution is imperative to our success due to time constraints.

Deleted
    There is already a H Megaera thread, no need for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    There is already a H Megaera thread, no need for another.
    He probably wanted specific advise for his questions & there is nothing wrong with that.

In my alt run we stand on max range as DPS (or close to max range set a mark to make it easier) and we stack somewhat loosely. Then when someone gets the blue beam he will simply run away from the boss, out to the lock portal and take it back in to continue DPS. Healers should try to stand far out, but no need to stand on max range if you need to reach both tanks.

We have a DK tanking the adds while using chain ccs such as Solar Beam & multiple stuns. As far as I know we use all our DPS on the current head & only the DK will aoe (maybe you hunter can use serpent sting & keep it on them).

Now another good advice will be to take the rampages seriously. Having CDs prepared before you pull the boss so that everyone knows at which rampage they pop what is important. If you struggle with dps on the 2nd fire head it could be an option popping it there, don't think we did it this way the first time though.

Good luck on Mageara & hope you kill it soon. PS: Always nice to see another guild raiding 2 days a week even if it's 10man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Hello, all thanks again for the H Council advice it worked! Were doing H Magaera now this week. I already know the set order Blue -> Red -> Purple -> Blue -> Red -> Purple - >Blue but I was wondering how to do a couple other things:

1.) Ive seen several different ways to handle the Frost beam but am not sure which strategy to do (Yes we have a warlock) Any input would be great!

2.) On the Arcane heads how do you handle the adds? We have a DD DK so he can go Frost w/ Blood Presence if that strat is still ideal? As a hunter I can help MD the adds to him etc, but my question is should the adds be chained CC'd and killed during rampage or do you do a hard swap and kill them when they spawn/are grouped up?
    1) Just have your range and heals run it back and keep it tidy, try to minimise the amount of room taken up by having them stand next to existing frost patches and overlap it. Run back and use the lock port to get back to the front. It will help a little bit but isn't necessary.

2) With a MD on adds your DK should just stay frost presence and he'll be able to solo all the adds forever. Everyone else focus head, including you (hunter right?) after you MD a multishot onto them. Your raid comp is amazing so setup good cc rotation on them with Ring of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Solarbeam, Shadowfury, Ring of Peace and in a clutch (ie. on the last head if you're running out of cc) your priest and warrior can aoe fear them. If you use fears have them glyphed so the adds don't spread out however.
    I'd recommend RingFrost on the first spawn, remorseless so it's stunning when the second spawn comes up, bring the second spawn to where the Ring is and use Solarbeam when 6 adds are there. Ring of Peace the DK as soon as a head dies so he can bring them into the stack and not worry about any extra damage or getting stunned. Shadowfury if theres any stun beams going out (can see them via the purple drain looking spell effect).

edit : As said above, really plan your healing CDs for rampage, make sure everyone stacks quickly and aren't afraid to use personals and healthstones. You'll need 3 sets of CDs, rotating twice, with strongest cooldowns for the last.

2nd edit : I posted in another thread about this, but I'd recommend saving DPS CD's for each red head (2nd and 5th) and lusting on the 2nd Arcane head (6th), you don't really want to get more than 2 breaths on either fire head, and it doesn't really matter how long the first blue head takes you, long as you don't get 4 breaths.
    Last edited by Kyrstlol; 2013-05-16 at 08:13 AM.