Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    It's not a question of "deserve the kick" or not. If that's the way (rape train has no brakes) you feel about your GM, why the fuck would you stay in that guild even if you had a choice?
    Because i like the guild? I'm just not a fan of it's management.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    Because i like the guild? I'm just not a fan of it's management.
    Unfortunately my friend, the management makes the guild, if you don't like it then you don't belong in that guild.

* also, didn't you say all your friends left for another guild?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Stop acting dramatic and do whatever you want to do.
    As rude as this sounds, it's the honest truth. You're coming off as a whiny kid that just got his feelings hurt. Keep the fond memories, put the rest behind you and do what you want to. Only you will know what is more fun for you. I can tell you that if it involves going back... things will most likely not change and possibly be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    The only thing we can trust is the way you portray yourself, and since you used the above bolded phrase as well as outright told us you insulted the GM and acted like a child at many points, then yeah: you probably deserved the kick. Grow up and be a decent person.
    I only said that because i wasn't going to kiss his ass to stay in the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, I was kicked from an old guild cause I called the GM out for terrible play all day long. I went back in because my RL friend was still in the guild. It was never the same. In your case it will never be the same. Enjoy the air and freedom you have and find a new guild. For me it was a blessing in disguise because it allowed me to go play with players I had raided with before and I am so grateful for it and the atmosphere I am in.

Pro Tip: Those people you think are your friends in the guild or that you get along with, that you vented to.....Not your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Not surprised he kicked you, you had a discussion with him regarding guild rules (right or wrong they are the rules of the guild you choose to be in) and didn't like the outcome, from the sounds of it it got quite heated and you then go on to bitch about it to another officer.

I have been in the exact same position where people have bitched to my officers (when I was a GM) after not getting their own way regarding a guild policy that they didn't think should apply to them. They got booted, and they had been in the guild a long time. "Length of service" within a guild is not a shield for you to be an asshat over guild policies that you know about. If you don't like them, then sure discuss them with an officer or GM, but remember that they are (or should be) looking at a much larger picture than just your view, and as such when a decision is made then you either accept it, or you look for another guild.

Being an ass by bitching to another officer after a decision has been made will almost always end up being known about by the GM, then coming onto a public forum looking for sympathy or validation on your view that you should be able to break guild policy just makes you seem a little bitter over the whole situation.

Now its up to you if you want to continue the game, and I see no reason why you shouldn't join your friend in the guild they joined. Just remember when the Guild Leadership makes a policy regarding something, that they are the ones in charge and you are just a member. if you don't like it you are free to make your own guild, with your own rules.
    What are we, in grade school? Jesus, the number of self-important people in this game astounds me. "You talked behind my back, so I'm going to kick you from the guild since I'm the great and powerful GM." Please, get over yourself. If you're so sensitive that you react like such a douche for such a lame reason, then you shouldn't be a GM. This isn't the Army and you're not the Supreme Commander. This is a game and everyone pays the same subscription fee. A guild is a group of players working together, not a fiefdom with a Lord and servants. Try to be mature and treat people with respect, even in a game full of kids, it makes for a better long term experience.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    * also, didn't you say all your friends left for another guild?
    Yes, and I'll be joining them once i log again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    This isn't the Army and you're not the Supreme Commander.
    ROFL. Ha! Yes, it is.

Point being... you're free to leave a guild if you dislike the policies. A GM who is a complete dick will probably see no one in his guild, unless those people are choosing to put up with him for other benefits, in which case you can't complain for shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why on earth would you want back in that guild?

Follow your friends... thats what the game is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    Why on earth would you want back in that guild?

Follow your friends... thats what the game is all about.
    Still have friends in the guild. Just a few closer ones already moved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moral of the story: If you start raging in any game quit immediately so you can chill out. You end up making decisions that you might regret if you do it while heated. Don't put yourself in that situation, it wont help you any. It would have been better for you to make the decision while calm, and leave the situation without burning as many bridges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Moral of the story: If you start raging in any game quit immediately so you can chill out. You end up making decisions that you might regret if you do it while heated. Don't put yourself in that situation, it wont help you any. It would have been better for you to make the decision while calm, and leave the situation without burning as many bridges.
    This is a few days late >.<

Go play with your friends, seems rather obvious to me. You might have been a little bit over the top, but begging to return will only cement his arrogance further.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kudos to you OP for standing up to an abusive GM. Yeah, you paid the price for it, but you have the knowledge that you did something.

Go spend time with your friends. Trust me, you might not see it now, but spending time in WoW with friends, is by FAR much more fun than spending it with random strangers on the internet who you happen to be in a guild with.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Go to that guild where you friends went to?
    You might like that one much more =)
    Pretty much this. When I got into it with my last GM, it was because he kicked two friends of mine who had not responded to a raid invite. His guild, his rules, whatever. Anyway, after he kicked them, I went back to the bank and took everything I put into it (minus the gold) and left with all my alts.

We all found our way into a smaller guild which we pushed to level 25 in a matter of 3 weeks and went from two bank tabs to 8. Once they were up and successfully running, I knew it was time for a change and left the guild and the game. Since returning, I've started my own guild, and, in time, will likely invite new friends. There are tons of possibilities out there, just have to find the one that is right for you.

Why do you guys get kicked from guilds/wow forums as a consequence of your own actions and then come here and whine about it? Do you imagine we will give you a pity party? Are you expecting us to take up your side to make you feel better? No one here cares about how you feel, you are not the center of the universe. Now I might care if you had no clue why you were kicked but you know damn well why you were kicked and frankly I would be too embarassed to go around screeching about the "unfair" consequences of my actions.

You can't have everything you want but sometimes you get what you need and what you needed was to be kicked out of the guild.

Move on. Not WoW but I was kicked out of a guild in Rift for "being rude" by saying I was going to post links to class guides to make sure our raiders were using solid builds as we were consistently hitting enrage on the first boss of a 20-man raid. Someone in chat took offense, complained to the GM and I was gone with no explanation ever given. I was on mobile at the time and didn't even know I was kicked until I had to restart it. Never did get a reason for the kick.

Go play with your friends, you'll be happier.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    faction change and camp him and the chick that ratted you out. most guilds suck cheeks now so just start your own.
    You cared enough to post.

that reminds me of when i rerolled a new char on a new server once upon a time. Joined a random guild, started mingle ing with the peeps then out of nowhere the GM starts whispering me that i should stop chatting with his "girls". At that point i was like wtf, none of the people i was talking to mentioned of being a female or anything, so i ask one of them, aparently it was a group of people pretending to be female (one of them actualy was) just to rip off this idiot GM. They were pretending all to like him , telling him that his facebook pictures are super hot and stuff like that ). Meanwhile the GM kept pushing on me to "lay off his girls" so i called him a f**ing w***er and left the guild.

Kinda off topic i guess, oh well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanis-Hellscream View Post
    Try to be mature and treat people with respect, even in a game full of kids, it makes for a better long term experience.
    Respect flows both ways, By complaining to an officer about the decision made the Guild master shows a total lack of maturity and no respect for the decision or the GM.