10+ Year Old Account

Guardian Druid HELP!

Hi there. I plan to return to WoW in 2 weeks so I'm in dilemma which character to transfer to Ravencrest (Eu) my Rogue or my Druid. Slight advantage takes Druid, Guardian druid. I Love Druids especially Guardians. I have read some changes in MoP and I'm quite surprised they have changed a lot of things. Mastery lot of skills etc.

What intrigued me most was new Mastery. Its pretty cool evenmore that they buffed that mastery by 33%. from 1.5% to 2% per mastery point. I have one question - what is your armor if your current gear (Guardians only) ?

And if you could provide me some Macros for our new Guardian druid and some of your special Rotations. I would appreciate that, Thank you.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Deleted
    My current armor in bear form is about 100k which means around 70% damage reduction. Ilvl523

Only macro that I use is: /cancelaura Hand of Protection and there's no special rotation. Just keep smashing mangle & lacerate

15+ Year Old Account
    my armor is 108K raid buffed in Ilvl520

just like arthoxx i also got the hand of proection marco
    i got a lot of others also but noone realy required for tanking

however as an old feral tank druid i do got to warn you a bit,
    ferals are now seperated in cat(feral) and bear(guardian), if you choose guardian, your dps be crap and the other way around if you choose feral you you get 2 shot by mobs
    we are not as hybrid as feral druids used to be, wich is what i loved most about a feral druids in the past

as for guardian (also any other tanking spec) there are now active migration, for us this basicly means you be spamming Savage Defence and some Frendzied Regeneration and some Mauls (when its empowered with Thoot and Claw)
    they all cost rage but are essential in our survival, therefor mastery is currently NOT such a good stats for us, and the 33% buff does not seem to change that much
    currently guardians are getting hit/exp capped and then stacking crit / haste, as those stats all make us generate more rage.
    mastery and dodge, while they are real tanking stats for us we dont realy want them on our gear

and dont underestimate then button spamming, Savage Defence only last 6 secodns so you have to press it like onve every 5-6 seconds
    in between that you also want to use some Frendzied Regeneration (if you have enoguh rage to do it)
    And Spam some Mauls with Thoot and Claw buffs

so basicly you use an active cooldown like every 3 seconds on top of your normal threat rotation (Mangle, Feary Fire, Lacarate, Trash (to keep up psysical dmg debuff))
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    nothing much to add there, just wanted to say that Guardian is very nice and fun to play

the guides on mmo-champ here or icy veins are very helpful if you want to get a quick overview of what has changed, but all in all it's not that complicated, I think, especially if you played a druid tank before

with a rage build (Agi > Crit > Exp=Hit > Stam > Mastery > Dodge > haste) my dps is good enough for dailies without dying of boredom (I have no dps spec), and I'm only sitting at 488 ilvl also the chance of dying is close to zero if you don't do anything horribly wrong

so go for it, we need more bears

edit:
    wasn't able to look it up earlier, but at ilvl 488 I'm sitting at ~91k armor, with just mark of the wild buffed.
    Last edited by mmoc6758ac0f09; 2013-05-17 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    I'm on Ravencrest also actually, feel free to pm me if you like whenever. Name the same as here.

Hey there, long time bear here. Some advice on macros...

I second the cancelaura macro for hand of protection. A lot of fights have debuffs that can be removed via a paladins hand of protection, just remember to cancel it fast and get the boss/mob back as quickly as possible.

I also highly recommend taking Natures Swiftness and making two macros:
    1. Natures Swiftness + Roots
    2. Natures Swiftness + Healing Touch,,

99% of the time you can just double tap the #2 macro and heal yourself or target a healer in duress and drop a heal on them. The #1 macro really came in handy for me on things like Le'shi (where the 3 or 4 adds spawn and can be CC'ed immediately) - you'll also find the #1 macro has a lot of good uses when farming (if you take such a profession). You can remain in flight form, drop to the ground, double tap the macro on the mob, herb your node and then fly away. Sneaky but nice when you don't want to stop and kill something to get a node.

Other than that I don't use too many specific macros. Most just double up abilities in a single action bar button. So my 2 is mangle and my shift+2 is feral faerie fire. That kind of stuff.

Get weak auras, track your savage defense up time and work towards maximizing rage gains. Good luck!
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    however as an old feral tank druid i do got to warn you a bit,
    ferals are now seperated in cat(feral) and bear(guardian), if you choose guardian, your dps be crap...
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree... as a bear I often do more damage than most DPSers in the raid

As for stat allocation, IMHO dodge is completely useless (very low returns per point) and mastery is just not as good in current content. I aim for 4k+ haste, then all the crit I can get.
    By the way, I don't know how long you've been gone, but if it's been too long then you might not have seen the Tooth and Claw proc, which is pretty awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMagis View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree... as a bear I often do more damage than most DPSers in the raid

As for stat allocation, IMHO dodge is completely useless (very low returns per point) and mastery is just not as good in current content. I aim for 4k+ haste, then all the crit I can get.
    By the way, I don't know how long you've been gone, but if it's been too long then you might not have seen the Tooth and Claw proc, which is pretty awesome!
    Have not played Druid since Cata, so I heard bear is has changed quite a lot !

Thank you all for your advice it was very helpful Now I know for sure I will take Dru again. Worgen Druid.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Oh, not even 5.0? The changes are pretty major, took me like 3 nights of raiding to really properly get used to the new way (sadly, 5-mans don't require actual tanking so there is nowhere to practice).
    Just remember that your seemingly high armor is virtually useless (compared to other tanks' mitigation, you're squishy), and you rely mostly on dodge (and in some cases self-heal) :P

Deleted
    Which is better for a build at ilvl 511?

Agi > Crit > Exp=Hit > Stam > Mastery > Dodge > haste

Stam > Hit = Exp > Agi > Crit > Haste > Mastery > Dodge

or mitigation build?

and should I keep 4 set, or just go for BiS gear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by castalya View Post
    Which is better for a build at ilvl 511?

Agi > Crit > Exp=Hit > Stam > Mastery > Dodge > haste

Stam > Hit = Exp > Agi > Crit > Haste > Mastery > Dodge

or mitigation build?

and should I keep 4 set, or just go for BiS gear?
    Please add if you're raiding 10 or 25 man.

If you're raiding in a 10-man group there is no excuse to not go for the rage build. Exp=Hit > crit > haste > mastery > dodge

In 25-man raiding you'd want more stamina in order to survive big hits (Talon Rake, Snapping Bite etc.). Haven't got any experience in 25-man raiding so can't really comment on it further.

Deleted
    im raiding 10 man, sorry

im raiding 10 man, sorry
    For my ten man (1/13H) I have hit and expertise (hard cap, 15%), then loaded crit and haste, trying to avoid mastery and dodge. Agi and stamina just come on gear. With RoRO procced I have 85% crit. Nearly every tooth and claw proc I can use and still have excess rage for SD and FR (which is further boosted by our 2 piece, still wish it was an absorb instead of a heal, but that's neither here nor there). I'm normally in the top 4 on damage, while taking less damage than our other tank, but I am fairly sure that's a difference in player ability, as they are also a guardian and actually have ~5ilvls higher than me, though it could be their itemization.

The reason we load up on haste instead of mastery is 1: our mastery is not good, even though it looks like it should be awesome. And 2: with RoRO (Rune of Re-Origination from Lei-Shin) we have 50% more haste via bear form, which takes 1.5 haste into crit, instead of just 1:1 mastery rating. And 3: haste is more auto attacks, which is more passive rage generation and more RPPM (dancing steel, most trinkets, tooth and claw, etc).
    Last edited by Mystile; 2013-05-19 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    For my ten man (1/13H) I have hit and expertise (hard cap, 15%), then loaded crit and haste, trying to avoid mastery and dodge. Agi and stamina just come on gear. With RoRO procced I have 85% crit. Nearly every tooth and claw proc I can use and still have excess rage for SD and FR (which is further boosted by our 2 piece, still wish it was an absorb instead of a heal, but that's neither here nor there). I'm normally in the top 4 on damage, while taking less damage than our other tank, but I am fairly sure that's a difference in player ability, as they are also a guardian and actually have ~5ilvls higher than me, though it could be their itemization.

The reason we load up on haste instead of mastery is 1: our mastery is not good, even though it looks like it should be awesome. And 2: with RoRO (Rune of Re-Origination from Lei-Shin) we have 50% more haste via bear form, which takes 1.5 haste into crit, instead of just 1:1 mastery rating. And 3: haste is more auto attacks, which is more passive rage generation and more RPPM (dancing steel, most trinkets, tooth and claw, etc).
    thankyou

---

this is my druid : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rilla/advanced

I'd change your meta to 216 agility and 3% crit damage, and your shoulder and pants into their respective agility versions. And cloak to 180 crit over 200 stamina. And you'll probably hate me for saying this, but I would get the shado-pan assault trinket and replace your relic of niuzao. You'll have to mess with your hit a lot, I recommend reforgelite for help with that, since you'll be WAY over hit cap. Other than that, it looks good.

As for talents, I use Mighty Bash mostly for counsel (stunning the lao spirit), and use Feline Swiftness as I've just found it to be overall more helpful than the short burst of speed from charge (if I really need the boost I just skull bash, as the majority of bosses do not have anything to interrupt [Horridon adds and Counsel being the only things I can think of off the top of my head...]).

Oh, and glyphs: get glyph of stampede roar. Seriously, it's the only "good" glyph. The other two are just filler, I personally use stampede roar, rebirth, and maul. I change out rebirth for survival instincts or might of ursoc when I feel their changed effects are worth it, though they are usually a hindrance more than a benefit. I'd definitely drop the innervate glyph, as the most mana you'll ever use is a Tranq and Rebirth combo, in which you still have a ~40% mana after using them both, which you could still go back into bear and have the mana to NS healing touch.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2013-05-19 at 05:28 PM.

Deleted
    I'd change your meta to 216 agility and 3% crit damage, and your shoulder and pants into their respective agility versions. And cloak to 180 crit over 200 stamina. And you'll probably hate me for saying this, but I would get the shado-pan assault trinket and replace your relic of niuzao. You'll have to mess with your hit a lot, I recommend reforgelite for help with that, since you'll be WAY over hit cap. Other than that, it looks good.

As for talents, I use Mighty Bash mostly for counsel (stunning the lao spirit), and use Feline Swiftness as I've just found it to be overall more helpful than the short burst of speed from charge (if I really need the boost I just skull bash, as the majority of bosses do not have anything to interrupt [Horridon adds and Counsel being the only things I can think of off the top of my head...]).
    thanks, again

ive changed the meta and those enchants now, and i can get the trinket next reset

does reforgelite take into account gemming? everytime ive tried to use it it has confused me ive used askmrrobot mostly

Yes, it takes into account everything. The advanced function is hard-ish to use, but turn it off and you can just set your own caps or use the "as close to X amount" or whatever option. I have it set up for "as close to" hit cap, "as close to" expertise hard cap, crit with no limits, haste, mastery, dodge.

Deleted
    Yes, it takes into account everything. The advanced function is hard-ish to use, but turn it off and you can just set your own caps or use the "as close to X amount" or whatever option. I have it set up for "as close to" hit cap, "as close to" expertise hard cap, crit with no limits, haste, mastery, dodge.
    ooh thanks, ill have to set that up :P

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    thanks, again

ive changed the meta and those enchants now, and i can get the trinket next reset

does reforgelite take into account gemming? everytime ive tried to use it it has confused me ive used askmrrobot mostly
    It does, it just doesn't tell you how to gem. Gemming is easy though as most of your gems are going to be 320 crit gems. Most of the socket bonuses this tier suck.