Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Would you also like some Heroic Thunderforged gear for grinding all those LFR raids?

Honestly, Blizzard has to draw the line somewhere. The fact that you can get epics at all without real raiding or doing competitive PvP is more than you used to get. You want gear, work for it. Get a Normal 10-man group going or do some PvP like everybody else. Otherwise, stick with the blues you should only have in the first place imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    How has that not been the case for every single tier of WoW ever? What was the point of once-a-week raid lockouts? VP/Emblem/Badge caps? Daily quests?

It's an MMO of course it's bloody well designed so you have a reason to keep playing. Otherwise everyone would sit down on patch day and grind up all their gear until they pass out from exhaustion and have nothing to do until the next patch. Other than go on the forums and complain lol.
    The weekly and daily shackle is very exaggerated in MoP, and obviously valor items have never been as gated as they are in MoP. Sorry for breaking your bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    I see that reputation farming like daily quests farming in 5.0. Doing content you don't want just to have access to valor gear. Why if it is was not acceptable for dailies in 5.0 is acceptable for raid now in 5.2. I have to farm all LFR wings now (even if I don't need gear from them mostly) just to get that 330 rep per boss. I don't see the point of this. What makes this situation more acceptable (I did not hear any outcry) than dailies in 5.0 (who are more interesting imo). I will run the LFR until I get exalted anyway but I don't like that game design.
    This is hardly the first time they've incorporated a raid based rep in the game.

Why not take this a step further, and ask why you're forced to do content you don't like to acquire valor points?

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 08:44 AM ----------

Eh, not interested in raiding but thanks for the tip.

Valor gear is not raiding gear. If it was, it would not be available by only doing dailies in 5.0.
    Sure it is.

Beyond that, if you're not interested in raiding, and you don't need to continue the Wrathion quest, why bother doing LFR at all right now? You don't need gear, you can already clear (I'm guessing) ToT lfr.

Deleted
    raid rep is old as WoW itself, people didnt have any issue with it for almost 9 years, why did you started to bother now?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, not interested in raiding but thanks for the tip.

Valor gear is not raiding gear. If it was, it would not be available by only doing dailies in 5.0.
    The heck? Valor gear sure is raiding gear. Valor bracelets, for example, are damn near BIS for me outside of MEgeara and H-Megeara

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    raid rep is old as WoW itself, people didnt have any issue with it for almost 9 years, why did you started to bother now?
    Because I see a double standard.... Gating valor gear to dailies was not ok and gating it to raid is ok? There should be multiple ways to get valor gear (maybe both raids and dailies).

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    The heck? Valor gear sure is raiding gear. Valor bracelets, for example, are damn near BIS for me outside of MEgeara and H-Megeara
    Ok, for the non raiders, why do they get valor points from dailies, scenarios and dungeons?

Because I see a double standard.... Gating valor gear to dailies was not ok and gating it to raid is ok? There should be multiple ways to get valor gear (maybe both raids and dailies).

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 11:26 AM ----------

Ok, for the non raiders, why do they get valor points from dailies, scenarios and dungeons?
    So they can get their ilvls up and get into raids.

But you seem to have missed a key point in all this. You're revered. You thus have access to everything you can spend valor on on the SPA vendor. The shoulders at exalted are bought with gold, not valor. The initial premise of this conversation thus has less than nothing to do with valor or how valor is spent.
    Last edited by Drilnos; 2013-05-17 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    Have you considered that the 5.2 (5.3 even more so) version is way less brutal then 5.0 version?

Running LFR for 2 weeks (which is all it takes to get to Honored) is nothing compared to the dailies locked behind dailies of 5.0.

Maybe that is why it is OK my more people than the 5.0 version?