Poll: Would you eat insects on a regular basis?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    The only difference is where they live. Land vs. water.
    Also how common they are where I live and how much they remind me of spiders, bugs etc. I haven't encountered a wild lobster or a crayfish in my life and if they were more common than spiders and wasps for example, then I would probably change my view on lobsters and crayfish.

Deleted
    If they made a burger of it sure. As long as it's okay looking to the eye and not all legs and eyes. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    - Stop the production of fucking meat
    Never tried fucking meat before. Is it good?

Oooooooorrrrrrrrr..... we could let people find cheaper and faster ways of producing food instead of banning every attempt that pops up. Or outright burning tons of crops in order to keep the price of food high for farmers, which has happened in the US before (looking at you FDR!).

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 10:51 AM ----------

"to fight world hunger"

- Stop the production of fucking meat

- Stop the production of alcohol

- Stop those fucking " birth politic "

- Dismantled this fucking monsanto creating more and more non-arable land with their fucking shit.

- Stop poisoning all the rivers, seas and oceans.

And let the nature growing instead of this whole necromancy shit

UN = stupid attention whores
    You realize likely over half the world would die of hunger within the next few years under your policies right?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    <<<Quorn>>>

Am i the only person that thinks it tastes nice? :S

It's a misnomer that when it comes to world hunger, there isn't enough food. In reality, there's more than enough food for everyone (be it naturally grown or artificially synthesized). The food is just not being properly distributed. Wanna fight world hunger, UN? Make sure the food actually goes to the people and not just dump it on a truck with a UN sticker on it and hope marauders won't attack it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    If they made a burger of it sure. As long as it's okay looking to the eye and not all legs and eyes. :P
    The bill gates foundation is currently funding a project where crickets are ground and then added to peanut butter to increase the protein content.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    The bill gates foundation is currently funding a project where crickets are ground and then added to peanut butter to increase the protein content.
    Oh GOD! That... that sounds vile, you were doing so well Bill Gates.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Don't forget animal turds.

Very disappointing at a young age to hear that the "acceptable quantity of mouse shit in grain" is actually a number above zero.
    Think of it as food supplements lol
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

The only difference is where they live. Land vs. water.
    And what they look like.

Why not just import edible insects to nations that are already struggling with starvation?

10+ Year Old Account
    if they sold them here i would try... i try pretty much any food.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Daishi View Post
    And what they look like.
    not really. compare a crab to a spider.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    You realize likely over half the world would die of hunger within the next few years under your policies right?
    Prove it if you can....

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Why not just import edible insects to nations that are already struggling with starvation?
    because importing costs money, the goal is to be able to source local food where maybe not that much meat/grains can be grown, maybe you can get enough bugs to eat that you can support the population.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Prove it if you can....
    No point in attempting to prove an unrealistic hypothetical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    <<<Quorn>>>

Am i the only person that thinks it tastes nice? :S
    Its awesome ! well actually I just like it, I wouldn't complain to eat it from time to time.

Besides that bring it on UN, give me Insects from all around the world in my Supermarket and I will eat it, I like Locusts and all the stuff, more variety for me

Deleted
    You know, cats and dogs are also made of meat. We don't seem to be showing any remorse for killing other animals for food.
    Moreover, those highly regarded "western" countries usually throw a big portion of their food (both at the consumer end and the retailer end). I have seen it firsthand in Denmark, but I am pretty sure they are not alone in that habit.

http://www.mst.dk/English/About+the+...every_year.htm

If you want to solve the world's food problems, you first have to start seeing food for what it is - a FINITE resource that you shouldn't throw away unless it is spoiled/unsafe to eat.

because importing costs money, the goal is to be able to source local food where maybe not that much meat/grains can be grown, maybe you can get enough bugs to eat that you can support the population.
    One way or another someone will be importing food one way or the other, the lack of arable land means there will likely be a lack of insects as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kame Guru View Post
    No point in attempting to prove an unrealistic hypothetical.
    United Nations urging people to eat insects "to fight world hunger"

Then this shit is on the same boat.

And my flavourite is : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...an-Bacon/page3

Or maybe eating those : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PL_2mS8hGzo
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2013-05-16 at 06:11 PM.