Poll: Which should it be?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Hypothetical expansion announcement: Which gets you most excited?

Let's pretend Blizzard announces the next expansion tomorrow.

Which of the titles in the poll gets you most excited? Think what you want of the titles themselves - the only reason I named them was to add a bit of context and allow us to enter the position of someone who's just seen the leaked title of the next expansion.

The Purging of Argus
    We erect portals to Argus - former home of the Draenei (or 'Eredar)'. It is in the control of the Burning Legion and we need to purge it. Lots of new continents to explore. Mostly corrupt, but with hidden pockets of its former beauty. Includes Mac'Aree, the glorious city of the Eredar. Could possibly be one and the same as the 'Green Fire' expansion. May include Turalyon and Alleria.

Main antagonist: Kil'Jaeden
    Most common enemies: Demons and corrupt Eredar

The Edge of the World
    We journey east of the Eastern Kingdoms and west of Kalimdor to discover what caused the disappearances of countless sailors and explorers over the centuries. There, we find ancient and forgotten lands on the other side of Azeroth.

Main antagonist: Unknown
    Most common enemies: Wild beasts

Fury of the Tide
    Queen Azshara and her naga return in full force to the coasts of Azeroth. They invade the coastal cities and plague the fishermen and seafarers of the world. First we have to push them back, then we have to take the plunge into the depths of the oceans. Includes underwater zones and tropical islands.

Main antagonist: Queen Azshara
    Most common enemies: Naga and murlocs

The Emerald Nightmare
    Despite what various books say, something stirs in the emerald dream. It seeps into Azeroth everywhere, and Azeroth into it. We must go there to cleanse it from whatever ancient terror lies within.

Main antagonist: N'Zoth
    Most common enemies: Faceless ones, satyr, etc.

The Green Fire
    The Burning Legion returns to Azeroth and besieges it. We have to take it back. Could possibly be one and the same as the 'Purging of Argus' expansion. May include Turalyon and Alleria.

Main antagonist: Kil'Jaeden
    Most common enemies: Demons and corrupt Eredar
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-05-15 at 11:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm hoping its something that no one expects. Having said that, though...

A Burning Legion expansion in which Illidan is brought back to help turn the tide would be pretty damn epic.

BC's atmosphere and style of setting + Mists' caliber of storytelling? Yesplease.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-05-15 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Purging of Argus/Green Fire.

I don't care where we go as long as the game keeps me engaged.

Deleted
    Anything, as long as it has something to do with Warcraft lore, and with some, "oh, we just puked on a piece of paper, and it kinda looked cool" new lore. This includes Argus, as it follow the lore of the Draenei, whose lore was made exactly like I described and has nothing to do with actual Warcraft world >:|

Azshara/South Seas/Zuldazar expansion would be nice, even tough I'm not fond of trolls.

Iv'e always liked naga but their lore isn't shown too much in game. So i voted Fury of the Tide just so we can see that.

Edge of the World seems like it might complicate the map somewhat. :P
    I'd very much like a see-based expansion next. There's been several naval battles hinted at, but never shown, between the Horde and the Alliance, we could go (back) to Kezan and Kul Tiras and whatever other island nations Blizzard cooks up, we can figure out what the hell happened to Neptulon, and we can deal with Aszhara.

Then once that's done, we can go to Argus.

Any place where the continent is as big as Northrend or Outland. Pandaria was 2/3 of these and it did make a big difference for me. Also, make the continent dark and scary, but also beautiful. Just like Outland and Northrend. MOP was fine, but I'd much rather see a real threat than panda jokes. It is boring.

The Purging of Argus seemed cool
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Deleted
    hard to decide between The Purging of Argus and Fury of The Tide, The Emerald Nightmare could also be very interesting.
    I wouldnt mind any of these 3 themes tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Edge of the World seems like it might complicate the map somewhat. :P
    I'd very much like a see-based expansion next. There's been several naval battles hinted at, but never shown, between the Horde and the Alliance, we could go (back) to Kezan and Kul Tiras and whatever other island nations Blizzard cooks up, we can figure out what the hell happened to Neptulon, and we can deal with Aszhara.

Then once that's done, we can go to Argus.
    Why? All we need is for Blizzard to suddenly reveal that the hitherto known map was just a small part of it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Why? All we need is for Blizzard to suddenly reveal that the hitherto known map was just a small part of it. :P
    Yes, but where would you put this new land? East of the EK? West of Kalimdor? Do you split it down the middle again? Or are there several different lands on either side of the map, creating another disjointed feel so many complained Cataclysm had?

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely the Purging of Argus, can't wait for another Legion/demon themed expansion. Going to Argus seems like the best idea for me, a Legion invasion of Azeroth is also good but it feels like we've definitely been on Azeroth for too long now, time for another planet.

Edge of the World sounds pretty cool, haha. Could totally see it happening.

But nah, I'd most love a Burning Legion expansion next. Not quite going to attack them, but certainly repelling another invasion, which then perhaps paves the way for a retalitory strike. So in your options, I'd go for 'Green Fire'.

Emerald Nightmare/Dream... that idea just needs to die in a fire already.

Argus / Edge of the World are a tie in my book.

Naga interest me the least of all those options.

Actually none of them as no title offered is a blizzard style title.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Yes, but where would you put this new land? East of the EK? West of Kalimdor? Do you split it down the middle again? Or are there several different lands on either side of the map, creating another disjointed feel so many complained Cataclysm had?
    The way I see it, there's simply another side to Azeroth we haven't seen yet. Imagine ancient maps of the Earth, which only included lands previously known to the author's own culture. That side might not be as big as what we've currently seen. Rather, it could be compared to the Pacific ocean, but with a continent in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Emerald Nightmare/Dream... that idea just needs to die in a fire already.
    Thank you. I was starting to get afraid I was the only one who is not interested in the least in the Emerald Nightmare/Dream stuff.
    Besides, Druids already had their chance to shine in Cataclysm.

No dear god, no more underwater places.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    No dear god, no more underwater places.
    Aaw. I love those!

fury of the tides won me by murlocs
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.