Question Do Chain Lightning/Lava Beam need the same treatment as Lava Burst?

Since CL and Lava Beam are also spells with 1.5 casting speed (for elem) that might run into GCD lock issues during haste buffs and similar, do they need a similar (+DMG+CastingTime) fix as Lava Burst?

With the Shamanism (elem passive) CL/LBeam have 1.5 casting time, so i assume they got the same GCD lock issues as Lava Burst.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-05-16 at 11:31 PM.

A change like this would effectively make one of the strongest cleaves in the game a great deal more potent. Being GCD capped while you're AEing is far less punishing than being GCD capped while you're doing your single target rotation.

That would be more than great, but it won't come before 6.0, I guess.
    Even with 6.0 I doubt Blizz will buff CL dmg and increase the cast time accordingly.

and maybe they will just delete lightning bolt and i can just cast the sickest looking wizard bolts all day instead.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Since CL and Lava Beam are also spells with 1.5 casting speed (for elem) that might run into GCD lock issues during haste buffs and similar, do they need a similar (+DMG+CastingTime) fix as Lava Burst?

With the Shamanism (elem passive) CL/LBeam have 1.5 casting time, so i assume they got the same GCD lock issues as Lava Burst.
    no, our aoe is already very immobile, no need to make it worse.

Because we aren't destroying things on cleave fights enough as it is. :P

The change to LvB is welcomed since it helps the single target rotation. We don't need help with cleave/aoe.

I don't think the buff for CL is needed considering Elemental is probably the best spec for 3-5 mob cleave. On a more personal note I really like the CL cast being a short as possible (not to mention it looks insanly cool when you are getting mastery procs on 5 mobs!)
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-05-17 at 02:26 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

The only same treatment of Lava Beam and LvB id like to see is in the the tier 15 set bonus where lava beam would also lower the CD of ascendnace.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Being GCD capped while you're AEing is far less punishing than being GCD capped while you're doing your single target rotation.
    No it's not. It's exactly the same.

If Elemental would do too much AE damage with a 2.0s CL, that's not exactly an insurmountable "throw up your hands it's impossible" kind of issue. You just nerf CL damage.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I don't think the buff for CL is needed considering Elemental is probably the best spec for 3-5 mob cleave. On a more personal note I really like the CL cast being a short as possible (not to mention it looks insanly cool when you are getting mastery procs on 5 mobs!)
    It wouldn't even be a buff, it would be a straight up nerf in many ways if they did such to cl/lava beam.