Poll: What are your sub predictions for Q2, 2013?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sub predictions for Q2, 2013

So looking ahead into the future, what do you think the sub loss (or gain) will look like after Q2 this year?

Do you think ToT gave the game some new life to save some of the sub loss of Q1?

Predictions everyone.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lower. Just not as drastic as the last. Not that I care anyway. I'm still enjoying myself.

They've already said they expect the decline to continue so I am not sure there is any point having a poll

Already, the Q1 announcement was only earlier this month? Seems like people can't stop talking about the doomsaying of WoW.

Deleted
    ToT was released on the 5 March. The Q1 figures were dated 31 March.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They've already said they expect the decline to continue so I am not sure there is any point having a poll
    They expect a sub drop by the end of the expansion. It does not necessarily mean right after this major sub loss they just had.

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 11:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    ToT was released on the 5 March. The Q1 figures were dated 31 March.
    Do the subs usually rise when new patches are released? Why (in your opinion) did the the subs fall so low after a new patch was released?

15+ Year Old Account
    Calling it. 7.7M subs when the Q2 numbers come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Down at least 500k. Probably down less than Q1, but still down notably.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I think subs will keep dropping until MoP is done and over with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    They expect a sub drop by the end of the expansion. It does not necessarily mean right after this major sub loss they just had.
    Kotick said they expect subs to keep dropping the rest of this year and be lower (then 8.3M) at year end (not expac end). He based this assumption on the fact that July to Dec are considered tougher months with new game releases and more 'entertainment' competition overall (from all industries).

I'll stick with the guy who's been CEO of the company for 20years.

I'm guessing we'll see in the 6 million range. The damage is already done since Q2 is pretty much over. There has been nothing positive added or talked about since Q1 so it will only be worse since the instance ins't "new" anymore, the daily island is over, the LFR has been seen fully. I can only see it being just as bad if not worse.

In our next poll, we shoot fish in a barrel. It will require divine intervention to go up. Heck, they predicted further losses at the Q1 call, when they already knew the first month of Q2.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Too early for this <eyeroll>

Down, don't care how much. The last month has been one of the best in-game for me personally in a long time.

Probably down even more in Q3 as people go and take a Rift vacation for a month or three.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Probably down even more in Q3 as people go and take a Rift vacation for a month or three.
    Rift has already started surging after the F2P announcement. The servers have queues now.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Pet Battle Spectator Mode will raise the subs, don't worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    8m even Is my guess.

If by some miracle the subs rise, ill guess 8.5m, and if they see a big drop again ill guess 7.5m

---------- Post added 2013-05-16 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Rift has already started surging after the F2P announcement. The servers have queues now.
    I forgot about the Rift factor.

Im going to readjust my estimates.

guessing 7.7m
    best case scenario is 8.4m
    worst case is 7.2m

Q2 2013 = 7.7 Million

TBC like expansion at BC = 10+ Million.

CATA like expansion at BC = 8.5 Million.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavier Gavin View Post
    Pet Battle Spectator Mode will raise the subs, don't worry.
    When that's the biggest note of a patch? Yeah -1million subs gone....

My guess is 7.6M.

It will definitely be lower than 8M.

Deleted
    from these facts:
    -> blizzard have officially stated they 'expected' further sub drops
    -> wow census shows crash in activity levels over q2
    -> going into exam and summer holiday season
    -> age of wushu and other fp2mmo / league of legends growing very quickly in the east

and the anecdotal evidence of widespread dissatisfaction / inactivity, that people are pretty bored of mop now....

I would guess at least 500k drop, probably around 800k, but possibly much higher