Thread: Veng% caps inc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    This would be such a shame for any DK tanking 3-4 adds on HC Dark Animus 1 mil vengeance ftw.

Deleted
    I usually hit 1 million dps (Bear) when clearing the trash on Iron Qon (pulling everything in the room) outside these crazy situations 30/50% caps wouldn't change a whole lot for bosses i imagine. So if they feel they wanna do that, fine doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by zer0xfr View Post
    This would be such a shame for any DK tanking 3-4 adds on HC Dark Animus 1 mil vengeance ftw.
    Yep I tank 3 adds on 10m and regularly cap Veng there. Takes a sec to get used to all that power; Accidentally 1-shotting inactive adds with Judgement, and spawning a large. Oops. It is ridiculous though, I'm seeing well over 1.5mil DPS when I have all 3 adds up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

If they want to mess around with it, they should leave it till the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I've tanked ToT to Durumu, and I've never had more than 100k vengeance MAX, and that's like standing in shit, being 20 seconds without death strike. Got 700k health so 30% uhm let's see here ermm... *cough* so we have 70k for 10% so 70x3 is 210k.
    210k vengeance cap, I'm halfway now, please someone share with me how to get 700k Vengeance O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tank 3-4 mobs on Animus and you will get a tad more than 100k :b

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Tank 3-4 mobs on Animus and you will get a tad more than 100k :b
    ^that. Heck, tank 2 and you'll get close to 200k, and that's just a normal part of the fight (I kind of doubt standing between them was intended when the fight was made).

Also, tanking Durumu during light spectrum, only sharing the yellow beam with the other tank has gotten me to 170k before. 100k is grossly understating how much you get unless you're just plain not tanking anything. Primordius can easily get to high 100ks, up to ~200k with his attack speed mutation, even at low (2) stacks of evolution.

And I run around with ~640k right now, so a lot of these normal mode fights would actually be capping me with a 30% limit :P. Not the entire fight of course, but from time to time, definitely.
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2013-05-23 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Then try heroics, even the laughable Jin'rokh HC puts tanks around 140k.
    But actually hard hitting stuff, like Horridon after it's enrage gets me over 300k.
    For Ji-kun HC you only need a little bit of a bad rng, to get the dot-stack higher and you are again over 300k.

The 30% cap on 10 man is just to easily reachable without even trying to cheese meters.
    And why do 25man needs a ~70% higher cap is beyond me.

The dog pile phase in iron qon heroic puts me around 350k last I recall.