Yessss. Trinketsssss.

How do the LFR trinks rank up against each other and VToSPA? Haven't had any luck with coins/drops yet in normal runs. But I have the VT and LFR Cha-Ye's atm. I wouldn't use much of the hit for Wush, and I currently have a mastery build with the 4 set. Still have a shot at LFR Breath this week.

Also. Would it be worth dropping 4 set for a heroic piece? I could drop my tier hands for heroic Ji-Kun gloves. More stats, but I'd drop the four set.

Also, I don't have my meta yet. I'm sure that's important information. 2 secrets away. Q.Q

I was just wondering if anyone had some immediate information on how their experiences were with some of the trinks. Thanks!

I'd be surprised if you got a different answer to: Sim it. People can give you vague advise but simming your char will give you a much better answer.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn the title of this thread reminds me of a boss quote I just cant remember..

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Damn the title of this thread reminds me of a boss quote I just cant remember..
    Talon King Ikiss in Sethekk Halls.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Talon King Ikiss in Sethekk Halls.
    Haha yeah sethekk halls thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    I'd be surprised if you got a different answer to: Sim it. People can give you vague advise but simming your char will give you a much better answer.
    I know that's the answer most people will give, and I do have SimCraft. But until I actually get the trinks, I can't do as such. I'm not trying to min/max right now, seeing as I still need a few pieces of gear before it would even be worth taking the time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Umira View Post
    I know that's the answer most people will give, and I do have SimCraft. But until I actually get the trinks, I can't do as such. I'm not trying to min/max right now, seeing as I still need a few pieces of gear before it would even be worth taking the time to do so.
    If you don't have the trinkets go to the simcraft client and where it says Import choose Chardev. Make an account and then important your toon from the armory. After that you can customize your gear (giving them the trinkets you want to test), change forges, etc and then sim it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you don't have the trinkets go to the simcraft client and where it says Import choose Chardev. Make an account and then important your toon from the armory. After that you can customize your gear (giving them the trinkets you want to test), change forges, etc and then sim it that way.
    You can also do this with Ask Mr Robot, which is a great tool in the right hands and often bashed for no good reason.

Import your toon, click on Export Results>Simulationcraft. (its the button on the right of import character). Obviously swap the trinkets out.

honestly tho? Wait till next tuesday 5.3 before that headache of simming a dozen times to find best trinket due to the LvB change.

My initial guess (and its same as many theorycrafters) is that Haste is King again - so Breath is a must have. Woosh and VToSPA I'm not sure, will depend on hitcap.

As for 4 set - keep it, no question. Aside from Weapons and Trinkets, Tier sets often give the biggest DPS gain. With my T15 4 set my ascendance is almost 2 min cooldown. Thats insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    You can also do this with Ask Mr Robot, which is a great tool in the right hands and often bashed for no good reason.
    Agreed, wholeheartedly. AMR has been serving me very well, on multiple toons and specs, this xpac.

Ask Mr Robot's BiS list and stat weights are not correct. On top of that the developers occasionally post here and have an arogant attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    Ask Mr Robot's BiS list and stat weights are not correct. On top of that the developers occasionally post here and have an arogant attitude.
    Any of their posts I've seen, have been anything but arrogant. As for stat weights, how can you have "correct" stat weights, when they change, with gear? Also, how do you know that AMR's stat weights are wrong? What's your standard of comparison? SimC? Because I know that Blizz certainly doesn't publish a list of "correct" stat weights.

So just how far off the mark, are you saying their BiS lists are? Are they advocating enhancement wielding fast daggers? Or, is it something as minor as their BiS list includes a piece with mastery/crit, whereas your BiS list has hit/haste? What kind of dps difference are you seeing, in the difference between the two lists?

Flak, if you tell me what you think the stat weights should be, along with your character name and realm - I can check it out. We're always keeping an eye on theorycrafter, forums, and patches to make sure our default stat weights are good for a majority of the players. So I'm always happy to run tests on someone else's suggested weights

I'm the main AMR person who posts here. Once every month or two I ask our developer to stop by on a topic that gets pretty in-depth about our algorithms. You're welcome to look at my history of posts I'm a very friendly person and listed to feedback. Mr. Robot rewards me with cookies and treats when I'm nice to other humans.

ps: we just released the valor upgrade tool late last night. Feel free to check it out before you do your 5.3 upgrades http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/03/find-valor-upgrades/
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

EDIT: I can tell you that RF Cha-Ye is about a 1k DPS gain over Wushoolay for me, and about 133 DPS gain over the Volatile trinket. This is largely because reforging the crit to hit on Cha-Ye gets me just above the hit cap, while hit to anything on Wushoolay keeps me well above. In fact with Wushoolay, my hit was so bad I was using int/stamina gems when a socket bonus was still a gain.
    Last edited by Taalyn; 2013-05-20 at 11:05 PM.