Finally made the Switch to Mut...

So I've been playing combat since the start of MoP and I love the spec to death, but topping the charts in my 10 man wasn't good enough when I knew I could be doing even more in mut. So I finally made the switch last week and just got my first logged mut kill on H Jin Rokh 10man.

I feel like I did pretty good and I ranked well but I'm still rusty with assassination so I'm sure there's stuff I could be doing better. Here's my profile and logs linked below:

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...r%C3%ACmmfang/

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...303#Grìmmfang

Wondering if I can get some feedback on anything you see that looks wrong or if my uptimes are not high enough. I would really appreciate the advice, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The log says you clipped approximately 45 seconds of Envenom, on Tuesday I clipped ~40. Typically that happens during Shadow Blades with the 4p. Otherwise everything else looks good.

Your raid kills the boss so fast, I wonder if you should use cds on the pull to get another use out of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    The log says you clipped approximately 45 seconds of Envenom, on Tuesday I clipped ~40. Typically that happens during Shadow Blades with the 4p. Otherwise everything else looks good.

Your raid kills the boss so fast, I wonder if you should use cds on the pull to get another use out of them?
    Yeah, I used SB/Vendetta on first puddle and only Vendetta was off CD about half way through second puddle so my CDs didn't really get to come into play as much as I would have liked. Not really used to that considering in combat I could have used AR/SB 3 times and KS about 4 times in that same amount of time.
    Last edited by Grimmfang; 2013-05-16 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know what you mean, it took me until this week to realize that I should just wait for the 3rd pool and use SB/Vendetta with my 2nd pot. Worked well for me.

I don't really think there's much to improve upon, aside from adjusting to fixed CD timers.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I switched this week as well since Shadowcraft showed even with a 522/491 mutilate weapon set (awful drop luck >_>) I should be doing more than with my 528/522 combat weps. Figuring out how to get the most of my cooldowns again will take some getting used to, but I did 24k more on Durumu (normal) than I did as combat the week before.

Quick question Leyowin, how can you tell how often you clipped Envenom in the logs? Do you just assume they are all used with 5 cp, multiply that by the expected buff duration and match it against the actual buff duration?
    Last edited by Moritsume; 2013-05-16 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a single target semi patchwerk fight, I would hope that all of your Envenoms (I know there can be errors) are 5 cp.

Yes that's how I pulled those numbers. I know on fights like Horridon, Ji-kun, Durummu etc there will be times where you don't have redirect and a good sized Rupture rolling with 1-4 CPs, typically I use them for an Envenom (provided the buff duration is less than the CPs I currently have) while swapping.

EDIT:

Most times the cause of extremely large discrepancies will be because Shadow Blades and 4P T15. I know I saw my clipping errors skyrocket after acquiring 4p.
    Last edited by -Raer-; 2013-05-16 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most times the cause of extremely large discrepancies will be because Shadow Blades and 4P T15. I know I saw my clipping errors skyrocket after acquiring 4p.
    While it'd be nice if it just pushed the duration, I'd like to clarify your syntax in that clipping under SB with the T15 4p isn't a clipping error - you'd cap either CP/Ant or energy if you tried not to, and envenom DOES do a significant amount of damage; holding off would be a loss - thus, while we can Q_Q over the overflow, you should clip with that many incoming CP/second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, I'm bad at wording things. >,<

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, I'm bad at wording things. >,<
    I wouldn't worry about it =) just making sure the meaning was clear.