Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    From the design side, we want to use the Barrens events to experiment with end-game open world content in new ways and try to get away from some of the more repetitive aspects of daily questing. As a result, we shaped the events as a series of dynamic events, rather than a straightforward progression of daily quests. We hope this ends up feeling much more fluid and freeform than previous end-game quests, with players of both the Alliance and Horde rampaging around, raiding Garrosh’s supply lines and spoiling his war efforts. Plus, just having the Horde and Alliance together in the Barrens at the same time will open up a lot of opportunities for world PVP.
    This is most excellent.

Finally we are doing more stuff in the world - apart from dailies - instead of instances.

Hopes it works out well.
    I hope in the future they mix both together. One thing Blizzard often fails at is swinging the pendulum too far in the opposite direction. I can see a future where we spend all our time riding around old-world zones looking for random spawn events..... I thought Isle of Thunder was awesome and could have been better if some of the player-spawned rares were more éventish´ rather than just a mob to kill... but still have a mix of dailies.

It is like what they did with scenarios.. players were burned out with doing heroics.. so they made scenarios... and then completely stopped making heroics... now players are sick of scenarios and begging for heroics...

All things in moderation...

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun View Post
    So basically their philosophy with the resil changes is that people who are new to pvp get discouraged right away by better geared players.

So because there are a bunch of people who quit right after encountering difficulty with something, they have to hold their hand with it because they really want them to participate. /smh
    Ya this is becoming the norm now. Look at the constant nerfing of easy normal content. Look at the constant whining at the beginning of every single expansion saying,"the game iz 2 hardz for me i r slow in da head". Blizzard created these tards with wrath babies and it has only been getting worse since then.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And GW2's Dynamic events are a blatant rip off of Rift's Invasions, but it goes to show how much more innovative Rift is..
    Except that Rifts are a blatant rip off of UO´s champion spawns...

amazing the way the world works.. the first game you´ve played is the one you think is the most original..

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    Ya this is becoming the norm now. Look at the constant nerfing of easy normal content. Look at the constant whining at the beginning of every single expansion saying,"the game iz 2 hardz for me i r slow in da head". Blizzard created these tards with wrath babies and it has only been getting worse since then.
    This really is similar to the LFR issue. A lot of raiders hate that ´newbs´ can see raids with LFR. What they don´t realize is that without LFR, there wouldn´t be 13 boss raids being made.

The blog spells out the problem, and dismisses a better solution. There needs to be a way to separate new players who start pvping in the middle or end of an expansion away from highly geared players. In pve, you have catch-up mechanisms that keep you from getting stomped because of your bad gear. You have to run the easier dungeons and raids first to get gear. In PvP, there is no catch-up.. the only way to get gear mid-late expansion is to get stomped with no hope of winning for months.

But really, I am tired of pvp in WOW.. they should do what the hardcore pvpers want, and only let the hardcore people compete. Then because there are so few of them, the devs can stop this stupidity with wasting dev time adjusting gear and talents because of pvp every patch. I mean, this is the third major change to resilience and pvp gear this expansion already... every time they state what their goal is and make it sound like this will help, and it hasn´t..

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    So they basically copied the Events from Guild Wars 2. Good job Blizzard, the kings of originality.
    What many of the others have said is true. Blizzard copies everything and twists it just enough to not break copyright laws. Look at how much is a copy of something else just for MOP alone. Their originality has long been diminished.

HOWEVER!

Dark Legacy comics. The best thing to ever come from WOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is such bullshit.
    Here is what blizzard SHOULD have done;
    Buff the honor gear to get it closer to the tyrannical.
    It is that simple.
    That simple buff would render all the other changes pointless.

It takes next to no commitment grinding full honor gear.
    As it is it takes no more than max 2 days casually pvping to gear a fresh char.
    And if that is still too much for the roleplayers make vendors sell that honor gear for gold, mid season.
    Non pvp gear is not meant to be in pvp, pve players should not expect their pve accomplishments to carry over to pvp.

Ruining game balance to accommodate pve gear in pvp is just dumb.
    It is horrible decisions like this that causes the majority of your sub losses, constant back and fourth screwing with balance; seemingly w/o any clear path/ leadership.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Re-introducing dungeon set 2.... Urgh you guys already did that in 4.3, not to mention that you haven't been able to "grind" instances for said sets in years.... Groan.

I play as a dedicated healer. Have been doing so for 7 years. Not once have I ever been forced to DPS in order to progress. I do not get any kind of satisfaction playing as DPS. It bores me. Now that this new patch will revolve around scenarios, it looks as though my kind is obsolete. Healers may just be as rare as tanks soon. Or maybe it will be just me. Either way, it's over for me and those like me that won't be allowed to play the way we desire to play.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IntellectuallyChallenged View Post
    I play as a dedicated healer. Have been doing so for 7 years. Not once have I ever been forced to DPS in order to progress. I do not get any kind of satisfaction playing as DPS. It bores me. Now that this new patch will revolve around scenarios, it looks as though my kind is obsolete. Healers may just be as rare as tanks soon. Or maybe it will be just me. Either way, it's over for me and those like me that won't be allowed to play the way we desire to play.
    Or... You know... Just join the scenario as a healer - problem solved. These heroic scenarios are supposedly that bit harder, so a healer might just come in handy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Or... You know... Just join the scenario as a healer - problem solved. These heroic scenarios are supposedly that bit harder, so a healer might just come in handy.
    Yeah I tried that a couple of times. I get enough angst thrown at me in RL, I don't need more when I'm trying to enjoy myself. I don't really care what people say, but it gets old seeing the shit people say to you when you don't do things the way they think you should. As I said, I'm trying to enjoy myself.

Deleted
    You can't queue for HC Scenarios, you need a premade group to run them. Just get two good DPSers (2 decent heroic raiding DPSers can do it) and just make their life easier by healing and maybe helping with CC or even add extra DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re-introducing dungeon set 2.... Urgh you guys already did that in 4.3, not to mention that you haven't been able to "grind" instances for said sets in years.... Groan.
    The 4.3 stuff had "replica" in the name~ doesn't sound like this stuff will. And yeah, Chilton is demonstrating his ignorance of the game here. D2 set has been unobtainable since they broke and removed it's awesome questline with the Cats revamp. And now they're making it available to any idiot who does their spoon fed railroad content.

Screw them. Seriously. If they know they're too incompetent to come up with new gear sets players will like then they should be replaced not raiding classic content they killed themselves for goodies to hand out to spoiled incompetents they've populated the game with.

I worked my ass off to complete that set when it was current. Just more evidence that Blizzard is determined to run the game into the damn ground. Ah well. I'm never coming back to WoW. I am going to laugh my ass off as sub numbers continue to drop, and laugh even more when the incompetents in charge of Azeroth lose their jobs in a few years.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Ugh, almost nothing about this patch looks interesting. Oh joy upgradeable gear again; hasn't Blizzard already admitted this didn't work that well the first time? I don't see any of their changes making it that much more enjoyable. Oh, and more dailies, I don't think it's even worth talking about them anymore.

The pvp changes? Meh, might as well just give everyone the same gear and you know what? Make it PvP in a box! Oh wait, we already have that too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    As long as they are bad players, I would be fine with that but trying to recruit is already hard enough without more actual real non-nerf raiders leaving. The toxic environment is the entitlement crowd thinking because they log in, they should get just as much as everyone else.
    Indeed, and they'd be the first out the door themselves...so in the end the dedicated folks would stick around. Pipe dream, I know. Maybe one day...

Thanks for the terrible stories, Tom. First of all, Player A(the geared raider) is going to die pretty quickly, but he's at least going to put out some damage before he's targeted and destroyed, while Player B(Mr Crafted Dreadful) is going to die pretty quickly, and do no damage.

Giving everyone baseline resilience is going to be really nice for Player A. Player B is going to continue to do absolutely no damage, while dying only SLIGHTLY slower because he has no health pool.

So I guess, grats if you're a raider looking to pvp. If you're a fresh player or an alt, prepare to go through the same excruciating pain that you're currently experiencing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    Thanks for the terrible stories, Tom. First of all, Player A(the geared raider) is going to die pretty quickly, but he's at least going to put out some damage before he's targeted and destroyed, while Player B(Mr Crafted Dreadful) is going to die pretty quickly, and do no damage.

Giving everyone baseline resilience is going to be really nice for Player A. Player B is going to continue to do absolutely no damage, while dying only SLIGHTLY slower because he has no health pool.

So I guess, grats if you're a raider looking to pvp. If you're a fresh player or an alt, prepare to go through the same excruciating pain that you're currently experiencing.
    While there is a certain degree of truth to the "gear is everything" perspective, I love how he completely ignores the possibility of players being aware of their own relative weakness and playing accordingly. If you're undergeared, you can still heal, spot, cc, guard flags, team up with others, etc. Mr. Chilton seems to be talking about a model of WoW where there is zero expectation that players will ever think. Oh, wait, that's the current model for WoW, that he helped to create.

Edited: "where players will ever think, not things."
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2013-05-18 at 05:16 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    The 4.3 stuff had "replica" in the name~ doesn't sound like this stuff will. And yeah, Chilton is demonstrating his ignorance of the game here. D2 set has been unobtainable since they broke and removed it's awesome questline with the Cats revamp. And now they're making it available to any idiot who does their spoon fed railroad content.

Screw them. Seriously. If they know they're too incompetent to come up with new gear sets players will like then they should be replaced not raiding classic content they killed themselves for goodies to hand out to spoiled incompetents they've populated the game with.

I worked my ass off to complete that set when it was current. Just more evidence that Blizzard is determined to run the game into the damn ground. Ah well. I'm never coming back to WoW. I am going to laugh my ass off as sub numbers continue to drop, and laugh even more when the incompetents in charge of Azeroth lose their jobs in a few years.
    Nah this time it's called something like "Guerilla Stalker" or "Grassland Stalker", I can't quite recall, but aside from that - it doesn't really matter what it looks like, people will most likely transmog it as it's mostly intended to be "alt gear", but still - what bothers me is that he seems clueless.

That said, I find your rant and attitude very childish.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight, they don't want you to get burst down while you can move so the solution is to let you get burst while you CAN'T move? the solution is to put you in a 12 second or so cc chain because being burst down that way beats being burst down in a way you can actually play your character? that makes perfect fucking sense.

I fail to see where all this crazy burst they claim plagues PVP comes from nor do I fail to see how being stunned prevents you from being burst down, surely being cc'd makes it EASIER to burst you? jesus christ.

Dynamic events are a DEFINITE upgrade from the bland linear path quests we've had for too long already in WoW. Event if you get used to it (which is the case with any upgrade) I really hope this becomes succesful and Blizzard will embrace much more dynamic events in upcoming patches and expansions. It makes the world feel more alive and dynamic.

Ofcourse this is just the first step and knowing Blizzard, they're always careful with new systems like this, but if it's succesful, they will put more of it in. I hope dynamic events become a strong part of leveling in 6.0 and I hope we'll see them in the form of PUBLIC QUESTS where teamwork without a group actually works. With scenario style bosses where you don't really need a tank and deticated healer, these public quests without an actual party can definately become reality.

Last step is to make public quests scale (health/dmg wise, maybe even more mechanics) with the amount of people contributing it would be ultimate.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 11:35 AM ----------

Indeed. Not to forget that healers have more and more ways to do some ok sustained DPS these days, when there's not too much healing needed. So if scenario's need a bit less healing, throw in some dps. People need to accept not all content is made specifically for their role. Just like questing and leveling in healermode isn't the most efficient, but it's doable. Same with scenario's. Nothing new in my view.
    Last edited by Skippert; 2013-05-18 at 02:53 PM.

Healers 1v1 vs DPS

"I take it from your posts that you are referring to difficulties killing a healer solo..."

Given that a healer, of any spec at any time in WoW's history has had a virtually ZERO percent chance of killing a DPS 1v1, why should the DPS's chance be very high, either?

One of the most frustrating things about playing a healer in bg's is that there are only three possibilities if you find yourself 1v1 vs a DPS (or tank)

1: You die
    2: You run away
    3: Someone else shows up and tips the balance

The possibility of actually killing your opponent is negligible, and only accomplished if you severely outgear them, or stumbled on them while they were on death's door and oom. Even then it is not likely that you will kill them - classes with lots of self-healing, such as DK's or warlocks, would have to be asleep in order to be killed by a healer.

I have always thought that healers should do much more damage than they currently do. It would have minimal impact in PVE. In fact, I think it would be a positive, as it would allow for fights where healers switched between healing and DPS during different phases. Currently, healer DPS is so low to be negligible in such cases. If it were tank-like, in contrast, such fights could easily become reality. As for PVP, what would it change? If it made healers OP in organized PVP, that could be balanced by slightly lower healing. It certainly would make unorganized PVP a lot more fun for healers, and you would likely see more of them as a result. No one likes finding themselves where the only possible outcomes are lose or tie. It is absurdly frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    MOP made me quit PvE completely and PvP is not looking to good. I still think they are clueless and the resoning behind the PvP changes is way of base.

I dinged 90 and worked my way to a full honor set with 0 crafted items. Especially in random BG where most people are headless chickens you can easily be usefull in fulll blue questing gear. Imagine the outrage in PvE if armor sets making you ready for the latest tier of raiding was given freely to fresh 90´s??

IMO the problems in PvP are:

- It´s all become a CC/burst timing game, with blanket CC/silence being way out of control
    - Infinite mana pools. Even OOM´ing a healer is no longer an option
    - Instant casting.. Hard to silence/interupt when 90% of spells are either instant casts or uninteruptable
    - BALANCE.. Yes this a major issue. Some classes are extremely OP thus making some arena combos godlike
    - Imbalance of selfhealing on non healer/hybrid classes. Rogues can vanish and recoup indefinently, warriors second wind, warlocks are almost tanky etc, while a class like DK has almost 0 selfhealing.

A few personal gripes

- Choosing the skills that are and are not allowed in Arena. Like Warlock tele portal on multiple level arenas.
    - Severe skill/ability/spell bloat. You need a razer Naga 9000000 and 200 macros and 400 keybinds to play properly.

Well PVP is the only thing i do now, and your post has hit the nail firmly on the head,

a couple of other points id like to make is why is anything that takes an iota of effort removed from the game,

example gearing up a pvp set? why bother now? why not just run LFR till your ready to commit Harakiri to get gear then go do some pvp.

Also by making everything so easy to get now you take away any sense of achievement, People expect everything now , they dont want to work for it

they dont respect those that have played the game like myself for 6 years and know what the basic tactics are for say AV or AB or EOS.

Your filling the game with scrubs, its hard enough now to get descent players who want to put effort into anything.

80% of my guild has stopped playing wow, they have all gone to LOL because there fed up with the WOW bullshit the whiny scrubs that play

and as far as i can see your bending over backwards to accommodate them . You will lose a lot more people, And I really dont understand why

your constant tinkering with PVP, one last point ,

now that PVE gear is viable in PVP are you going to make PVP gear viable in PVE? nah didnt think so.