Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Trinket Choice - Lei-shens Trinket

Yeahhhhh I don't exactly follow pvE warlock stuff anymore but I do tend to mess around frequently due to boredom. I won a LFR Lei-shens Trinket is it any better then my current trinkets now? I'm usually demo most of the time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cternal/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95814

Thanks ~

Yes, it is better then both, by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Yes, it is better then both, by far.
    Which do I replace?

10+ Year Old Account
    wushulays simply because its 20 ilvls lower than your other trinket =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Wushulay's is the best trinket you can get this tier. Although the one you have is LFR... but since Lei-Shen's trinket you got is also from LFR, it wouldn't grant you more int on the average than even LFR Wushulay's.
    And Lei-Shen's trinket proc is pretty much useless for destro anyway. It can be great for affli or demo because of DoT snapshotting if you get decent timing on those procs.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooooo which one :O hold my hand dammit! haha I'm most of the time demo once more ~

UVLS is the best Demo trinket out there right now, when used properly. Get as many Dooms up as possible during the proc.

You're going to want to use it alongside the SPA trinket. Why? A UVLS maximizing build actually takes Go:Sac and relies on maxing out Wild Imp damage that spawn from Doom Crits (every tick). However, you'll also be using Imp Swarm when the haste proc from the SPA trinket is up, for the reduced cooldown. Your goal is to maximize wild imp damage in that build.

Keep your current trinkets in a destro build though.

10+ Year Old Account
    UVLS is best for Demo if you can get Dooms up in the proc window.

For Afflic I think Wushulays + Breath is the best combo. Both have nice 20 second proc windows and overlap fairly regularly if you have some luck which means you can get dots up with 40k int instead of 20k which is HUGE.

I've had UVLS proc with 10 stack Wush as well but it's rare as fuck. In about 3 weeks of raiding I think it's happened twice. When it happens your DPS is godmode but it's so rare that I'd much prefer the far more consistent Breath/Wush.

Plus, Breath lets me sit at ~12k haste which is just, NICE.

Now all I need is that stupid meta :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks both of you.

Deleted
    it depends entirely on spec, for destro ill keep the trinkets you have. for afflic ill prolly replace wushoolays with it.

Don't want to hijack the thread but since there is one here, I will "use" it!

Does it worth it to spend the VPs for the trinket if there is little chance to raid normal mode for the next 3-4 weeks or shoud I invest in rings/neck? I am referring to destruction with trinkets not upgraded from previous tiers.

Unerring Vision of Lei Shen is incredibly awkward and high risk to use as Destruction - its 4 second duration makes doing anything worthwhile with it very difficult. 9/10 times you wont be able to finish that Chaos Bolt before the buff fades.

Basically if you're not some high-end, dedicated raider, I wouldnt bother with the trinket at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Unerring Vision of Lei Shen is incredibly awkward and high risk to use as Destruction - its 4 second duration makes doing anything worthwhile with it very difficult. 9/10 times you wont be able to finish that Chaos Bolt before the buff fades.

Basically if you're not some high-end, dedicated raider, I wouldnt bother with the trinket at all.
    Doesn't chaos bolt always crit anyway.

or

Maybe I've been reading the trinket wrong, is UVLS increased crit chance or 100% crit dmg increase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cakin View Post
    Doesn't chaos bolt always crit anyway.

or

Maybe I've been reading the trinket wrong, is UVLS increased crit chance or 100% crit dmg increase?
    No its increased crit chance but chaos bolt does more damage depending on your crit % so 100% crit is a nice damage buff for chaos bolt

Wooshlay i find it to be amazing a destro, but not so much as afflic.

When I start the encounter, the best I can get is 5 woosh before metagem end.
    Hence, 100% crit is better than ~ 7k int.

I'm not willing to explain why, but as afflic, trust on this ^ and go for unerring for council, tortos, megaira and animus at least.

For demo, doesn't matter wich version is, LFR or not, UVOLS beats your other 2 trinkets by far, unless you get woosh HC, trade your LFR version for Unerring.

Deleted
    UVoLS is probably best by far.

But I don't like playing with it as Demonologist due to the fact that to use it the best you can, you can't really be in meta too much, cause you need to pop meta and cast Doom when the trinket procs. Aka. Meta can't be on CD ever, preferably.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Wooshlay i find it to be amazing a destro, but not so much as afflic.

When I start the encounter, the best I can get is 5 woosh before metagem end.
    Hence, 100% crit is better than ~ 7k int.

I'm not willing to explain why, but as afflic, trust on this ^ and go for unerring for council, tortos, megaira and animus at least.

For demo, doesn't matter wich version is, LFR or not, UVOLS beats your other 2 trinkets by far, unless you get woosh HC, trade your LFR version for Unerring.
    The LFR version of UVLS still beats HC woosh. Beats all HC trinkets for demo (and only demo)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemie View Post
    UVoLS is probably best by far.

But I don't like playing with it as Demonologist due to the fact that to use it the best you can, you can't really be in meta too much, cause you need to pop meta and cast Doom when the trinket procs. Aka. Meta can't be on CD ever, preferably.
    So wrong, you actually spend significantly more time in meta due to the Fury generation from all of your wild imps, you just have to be more careful about going into meta.

/sigh the playstyle for demo shifts significantly when you have a ULVS. You want to pool DF so that you can stay in meta at least 10 sec. This means stacking maybe 650-900 DF before shifting then shifting out after 10 sec unless you are dumping DF's with CD's up. That way you can always shift to meta and get a couple 100% crit dooms off. Each doom crit tick generates an imp which does dmg and generates DF. Make sense? Think of it like pooling energy on a rogue/feral but with a far slower timeline.

Also 100% crit is the gain "cap" for auto crit spells. Thus if you have say 20% base crit and get a CB/soulfire off with a UVLS proc it gains 80%. If you get a CB off with 20% base and 30% darksoul with a lei shen proc you only gain 50%. For destro its an ember generator not an ember spender if that makes sense. Thus you are better off getting 100% crit immolate/fel flame/RoF off than trying to get 1x CB out. That way you get more embers which lets you CB more. That drives down crit's value and inflates mastery.

Wush just doesn't jive well with the currently successful pve demo playstyle. Its more suited to aff or destro. UVLS (when utilized fully via reacting to its proc and pooling fury vs meta's CD) is the dominant trinket for demo who can use either hydra or chan ye about equally. (ilvl and availability > some mythical bis list)

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    For Afflic I think Wushulays + Breath is the best combo. Both have nice 20 second proc windows and overlap fairly regularly if you have some luck which means you can get dots up with 40k int instead of 20k which is HUGE.

I've had UVLS proc with 10 stack Wush as well but it's rare as fuck. In about 3 weeks of raiding I think it's happened twice. When it happens your DPS is godmode but it's so rare that I'd much prefer the far more consistent Breath/Wush.
    What do you think about pairing UVLS and Breath for Affliction? I've currently got Wush and UVLS and you're right, the UVLS proc stacking with 10 stacks of Wush is super rare, so why not pair it with Breath, whose proc is a full 20 seconds of intel that's approx equal to 6 stacks of Wush? I figure the chances of the two of them stacking is pretty high.