Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    Yes, and I’m not going off the armory..
    Sorry I was half asleep when I made the post. I meant to clarify some in the topic have been using it in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post

I know I'm very late, but can't deny it's been a good day.

Invincible roughly 80 attempts, Mim's 70ish.

I'm just so fucking glad I don't have to set foot in either instance again.
    Now I have all raid drops pre-WoD (except SoO)
    Nice RNG there mate gratz on both of them

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Just because you got it on kill number 5 and others have also been lucky doesn't mean the drop rate is any higher than other raid mounts.
    Yeah, I'mma stick with it being higher drop chance considering the fact that it seems to drop left and right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah, I'mma stick with it being higher drop chance considering the fact that it seems to drop left and right.
    Seconded. Much like the Abyss Worm, the personally awarded mount is much more common that the Felblaze Infernal, which is not personally awarded.

I'd say the Charhound and Abyss Worm have 5-10% drop chances, whereas the Felblaze is more like 1-3%.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    Nice RNG there mate gratz on both of them
    Thanks! tbf I've only had one occassion of having a mount drop, without another one dropping the same week.

I got Pureblood and Handmaiden in the same week
    I got Horridon and Onyxia the same week
    I got Midnight (new) and Blazing the same week
    I got Astral, Experiment and South Wind the same week
    The one occassion being the Zulian Panther.
    But seeing as ICC and Ulduar are in my top 3 most dreaded raids to farm, this was an ideal note to end on be4 focussing on more recent drops.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried to farm this in the past with no luck. Then while helping a friend do their Timewalking for the Weekly Quest it finally drops. I want to say Rare Mounts always drop when you least expect them. So just keep going at them slowly and steadily.

Got the Nightfallen carpet from Paragon yesterday, woot. Just Highmountian left of the original ones, 2 of the Elleks and w/e the pet from the broken shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Well, that was anti-climactic...

I had my army of alts setup and ready to go, started on Wednesday to weed through killing the Antoran hounds in LFR... Got it on kill number 5.
    This mount must be pretty high chance. I wish they'd make the Gul'dan Infernal (green) drop from LFR as well.
    The chance is probably similar to the other ones, you just got lucky Congrats. In the end it's just RNG. I myself have acquired Spawn of Horridon on the 7th try, and Clutch of Ji-kun on the 5th, while other have killed these bosses tens or even hundreds of times and haven't got one. At the same time, I'm now at 200+ tries on Madness of Deathwing and still yet to get the Lifebinder's.

PS.

#435 probably refers to the amount of mounts Lupen now owns after getting this one.
    Yeah I know that it's the number of mounts What I meant is that I'd like to know the names/sources too.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2017-12-11 at 09:26 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

First rare mount in weeks! Also got the Felfire Hawk like a month ago.

E: RNG is on my side tonight, got Leywoven Flying Carpet right now!
    Last edited by Rautx; 2017-12-12 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    Was ready to farm Antoran Charhound with 10+ alts. Ended up getting it on the fourth alt. I'm usually not lucky with drops, so I'd assume it's more common than the other ones. I'm still farming Abyss Worm with the same alts and still no sight of it.

First rare mount in a while! First world boss mount too

Deleted

Got it on kill #8 in Raid Finder.
    Haven't seen it drop in all previous 7 runs at all, or aren't these drops displayed in the chat window for others to see?
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2017-12-17 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post

I know I'm very late, but can't deny it's been a good day.

Invincible roughly 80 attempts, Mim's 70ish.

I'm just so fucking glad I don't have to set foot in either instance again.
    Now I have all raid drops pre-WoD (except SoO)
    I had to take a break for personal reasons in SoO and didn't end up getting that mount when it was 100% sadly. They really need to do something about that place and farming that mount. The no instance extending and it being one of the longest raids of all times to do as an old expansion farm. BRF, HFC, NH, and now Antorus all have skips built in and I really wish they would take a look at SoO for that because it's seriously about 45 minutes to clear that place even when essentially killing every boss in like 30 seconds.

Finally got the stupid Long Lost Hippogryph. Those crystals must have been up for ages because I spent half an hour looking, gave up on it, then decided to grab the strings from Punk's site and still found the 5th crystal in the like third to last location left.

I play on a pretty high pop server so either no one cared or someone was somehow worse at finding them than I was.

Slooowly inching my way to 400 mounts.

Those 2 buggers finally decided to drop after about 45-50 attempts for the valarjar stormwing and 100+ for the abyss worm.

Got the Glorious Felcrusher. I got the blessed a month or so ago. So no more Arm of the light cache farming. I just need Argus cache and 4 of the broken Isle mounts; the drake, moose, flying carpet and the Court of ferondis mount which I forget what it is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Got the Glorious Felcrusher. I got the blessed a month or so ago. So no more Arm of the light cache farming. I just need Argus cache and 4 of the broken Isle mounts; the drake, moose, flying carpet and the Court of ferondis mount which I forget what it is.
    Hello, Just so you are aware, Argussian reach paragon does NOT drop any mounts, or anything of good value

Hi sorry to be offtopic here but this is the only post people follow daily :P i decided to hunt the crystals in azhuna, for days now i find 3 crystals and then nothing is there a bug or maybe my crystal spawn point addon mess me up?? and one more question , does realm hope works on crystals?

Hi sorry to be offtopic here but this is the only post people follow daily :P i decided to hunt the crystals in azhuna, for days now i find 3 crystals and then nothing is there a bug or maybe my crystal spawn point addon mess me up?? and one more question , does realm hope works on crystals?
    Last time I knew, there were still spawn points that the tracker didn't have, but that was many months ago (I think at least one of them was the bear cave where the eggs and livers WQ is). Maybe it was never updated. In any case, so long as you don't miss it between server hops, you should get a zone wide emote warning ("You hear a soft whisper an then silence" or something like that) if someone else finds them before you.

Realm hops work in theory, but I wouldn't recommend switching realms once you found your first crystal, because:

1. You don't know if you're going to find more on the other realms, and you have to look all over again.
    2. You might miss the zone wide warning and keep looking in vain.
    3. The 5 crystals have separate ID numbers, so you don't simply need to find 5 crystals, you need all the 5 IDs. When you go to a new realm, you might find a crystal you already clicked on in a different location, and that will only confuse you... you won't even be able to use it, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Last time I knew, there were still spawn points that the tracker didn't have, but that was many months ago (I think at least one of them was the bear cave where the eggs and livers WQ is). Maybe it was never updated. In any case, so long as you don't miss it between server hops, you should get a zone wide emote warning ("You hear a soft whisper an then silence" or something like that) if someone else finds them before you.

Realm hops work in theory, but I wouldn't recommend switching realms once you found your first crystal, because:

1. You don't know if you're going to find more on the other realms, and you have to look all over again.
    2. You might miss the zone wide warning and keep looking in vain.
    3. The 5 crystals have separate ID numbers, so you don't simply need to find 5 crystals, you need all the 5 IDs. When you go to a new realm, you might find a crystal you already clicked on in a different location, and that will only confuse you... you won't even be able to use it, I believe.
    Thank you very much for the info and no i dont have a pin on the bear cave :/ i will not use realm hop since it doesnt help too much anyway thank you coconut may your milk always be thick and sweet.

Thank you very much for the info and no i dont have a pin on the bear cave :/ i will not use realm hop since it doesnt help too much anyway thank you coconut may your milk always be thick and sweet.
    You're welcome! If there's no pin there, it means the map is simply not complete... it's probably only at 70-80%, so you'll need to scour some more. Off the top of my head, a few other places that aren't on that map:

- inside the sea giant cave (there are at least 2 spawns there)
    - inside that cave with neutral pirates who turn hostile when you loot their chest
    - inside the cave for the Rank 3 Starlight Rose quest
    - a few spawns in and around the Ley Ruins of Zarkhenar (by around I mean the larger area with owlcats and horses east of it, as well as the hill on the north- west side)
    - at least two spawns on the island at Grey Shoals with the Vry'kul world quest (north and south end of the island, maybe inside the cave too, but not sure)
    - at least one more spawn in the water north of Nar'thalas academy, a bit hard to see because it's under a submerged stone arch

There are possibly more, these are just the ones I remember. Also, be very careful inside the blue dragon cave and the Lay Ruins, because they are very hard to find among other pink crystals (actually, just hope they don't spawn there :P). But overall you shouldn't be too worried, I found crystals up relatively often, the respawn timer isn't THAT long (I'd say a day at most). I hope you get your mount soon!