The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Therionq View Post
    What's the source of this?
    "source"

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17617653302

I didn't take screenshots, but I finally got the mount from Altairus after years of sporadic farming (and recent, diligent farming). According to "Rarity" I was very unlucky and something like 88% of people had already got theirs in the number of kills it took me. I only downloaded Rarity recently, too, so my statistically bad luck was actually much higher.

And then after fishing for something like 8 hours (Darkwater Skate and Brine Bottomfeeder), I took a stroll around Azsuna and got myself a Long-Forgotten Hippogryph. It has been a good week for mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    Thats pretty interesting, I have a friend with the same issue. I suppose it could be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperzz View Post
    Sorry for my bad english. "So basically there is a bug within gleaming-footlocker. It's impossible to obtain glorious-felcrusher after getting other two mounts." To get the epic box (Love is in the Air) in 2018 you need a 98+ level character.
    Explains why I've opened enough boxes to get the toy 12 times and still don't have the Glorious Felcrusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
    Thats pretty interesting, I have a friend with the same issue. I suppose it could be legit.
    Hopefully they actually submitted a bug report as instructed.....

10+ Year Old Account
    The day of Reckoning has finally come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ashes of Alar after about 240 attempts. Puts me at 267. Next raid mount to grind is Yogg.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Ashes of Alar after about 240 attempts. Puts me at 267. Next raid mount to grind is Yogg.
    What an incredibly bad luck. I know the pain as I'm currently at 266 tries for Lifebinder's and 258 tries for Elegon's mount. Real pain

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    What an incredibly bad luck. I know the pain as I'm currently at 266 tries for Lifebinder's and 258 tries for Elegon's mount. Real pain
    Sitting at 367 Yoggsaron, 293 Elegon and 202 Ji-Kun tries.. Most raid boss Mounts don't drop before the 200 mark for me atleast.

I find it hard to be sympathetic about 200+ kills when anyone who has chased Sha or Galleon are probably up to a number 10 times that.

Sha or Galleon have ridiculous drop rates though so that is to be expected, raid bosses are supposed to be around 1% chance, so anything above 100 tries is already bad luck.

Sitting at 367 Yoggsaron, 293 Elegon and 202 Ji-Kun tries.. Most raid boss Mounts don't drop before the 200 mark for me atleast.
    Most of my raid mounts dropped very quickly, so maybe the RNG gods are now punishing me for that. Got most of them under 50 tries, and many under 30. Getting to 300 each on Elegon and Deathwing now.

PS. Haven't shared screenshots for all of those earlier, because 1) I wasn't really taking part in this thread, and 2) I had not realized rarity automatically takes a snapshot when the mount drops, but here are the numbers for all my successful raid drop mounts.

Clutch of Ji Kun – 5
    Invincible – 6 (?) (No proof - got it pre-rarity installation)
    Spawn of Horridon - 7
    Karazhan TBC – 20 (+10~pre Legion)
    Alar - 32
    Blazing Drake – 36
    Mimiron’s Head – 41
    Onyxian Drake - 43
    Al’Akir – 49
    Ragnaros – 61
    Ultraxion - 95
    Alysrazor – 101
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-01-15 at 01:08 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I posted this first one but got the Abyss Worm just before Christmas. Was taking my Shaman through LFR as I had a quest to kill that boss and it dropped. Not done LFR much overall and first time on that character so pretty happy.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRMJMSCXcAAcPNU.jpg

Also finally got the Highmountain Elderhorn last night. Must have opened at least 100 paragon chests between my armada of alts and rep tokens used during Darkmoon Faire.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTcQLtTW4AAQ4dZ.jpg

If you're wondering how many tokens I have to use during DMF, this is most of them, excluding 24 stacks of Legionfall Tokens. (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTTcrqSWAAEB0O9.jpg)

Also not rare but I recently obtained all the Store Mounts that went to 50%. Only really cared for the Enchanted Fey Dragon, but having a lot of gold and wanting to dump some on all the Store stuff anyways meant I might as well but everything on discount xD

Links are twitter btw.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Well the RNG gods have balanced out my luck.

Just got Yogg mount (3 kills) and Invincible (9 kills) almost back to back while farming them on my alts on Friday. 269!

Now I take aim at the ZG mounts. So far 19 kills each.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I find it hard to be sympathetic about 200+ kills when anyone who has chased Sha or Galleon are probably up to a number 10 times that.
    exactly

Galleon 5152 attempts and still no mount for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    exactly

Galleon 5152 attempts and still no mount for me.
    what about sha and nalak u got ?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you guys even comparing the drop chance of raid mounts to the drop chance of world bosses? I had over 5,200 tries for my last world boss mount and I can still feel sorry for someone pushing 300 tries on a raid boss mount because going 2x, 3x over the suggest amount of kills needed to loot something sucks, plain and simple. It sucked for raid boss mounts and it sucked for world bosses.
    Last edited by Mymori; 2018-01-16 at 05:45 PM.

Why are you guys even comparing the drop chance of raid mounts to the drop chance of world bosses? I had over 5,200 tries for my last world boss mount and I can still feel sorry for someone pushing 300 tries on a raid boss mount because going 2x, 3x over the suggest amount of kills needed to loot something sucks, plain and simple. It sucked for raid boss mounts and it sucked for world bosses.
    Concur - they are simply not comparable at all. I have plenty of 1% mounts (everything pre MOP), but i've never made even the tiniest effort to farm a World Boss mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raptor from ZG at 24 kills! 270!

As for MoP world bosses I already have the Nalak and Sha one.

About 900 kills on Gal and 1200 on Oon but I have given up since.

I don't feel sorry for someone having to do the same thing I did myself. 250+ attempts for mim's head. 150+ for the blue proto. Almost 200 for Attumen.

Guess what mount farming sucks sometimes. For every Mim's head I had an Invincible where I got it after like 13 tries. You can spin these percentages all you want to make you somehow feel better but it boils down to a 50/50 shot.

You either get it or you don't and you move on to the next character instead of using flawed math.

10+ Year Old Account
    From LFR even.