10+ Year Old Account

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG][/IMG]

White Polar Bear first time doing the daily!

Just got the 8th IE mount. Total count of islands is 993 according to rarity (says 487 in the screenshot because it counts separately for mounts added in 8.1).

Only need the Island Thunderscale now. Currently debating whether I want to farm more dubloons now to be able to buy more Jorundall Salvage boxes when they show up on the vendor or just wait until they are available cause I can already buy 2.

Missed on all 7 of my Crestfall Salvage this moring... feelsbadman.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Just got the 8th IE mount. Total count of islands is 993 according to rarity (says 487 in the screenshot because it counts separately for mounts added in 8.1).

Only need the Island Thunderscale now. Currently debating whether I want to farm more dubloons now to be able to buy more Jorundall Salvage boxes when they show up on the vendor or just wait until they are available cause I can already buy 2.
    I only need Island Thunderscale too and I'll farm dubloons only whenever Jorundall boxes are available. I have enough to buy 2 boxes and I look forward to not touching island expeditions ever again.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-04-14 at 10:06 PM.

logged into my first alt of the day and just barely got a tag on it!

10+ Year Old Account
    YAY !!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Finally got Mail Muncher - Sure it was over a 150 mailboxes. I started counting the last couple of weeks and have 57 for that, so a lot more before then.
    150? That sounds wrong? Most people get it in less than 10 tries, as it's a 100% drop, if the correct mob spawn.
    The only problem is that people are not aware they actually have to loot the mount from the mob, NOT from the chest in the end.

Personally, the first 21 mailboxes I looted, the mobspawned 3 times.... However, I didn't know I had to manually loot it, so after I found out, it only took 3 more mail boxes to find the correct mob, kill it and loot it for the mount. I.e. 4 (first 3 lost due to ignorance) mounts in 24 mail boxes = 4/24 = 1/6 = 16,67% drop
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2020-04-17 at 09:56 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    YAY !!

- - - Updated - - -

150? That sounds wrong? Most people get it in less than 10 tries, as it's a 100% drop, if the correct mob spawn.
    The only problem is that people are not aware they actually have to loot the mount from the mob, NOT from the chest in the end.

Personally, the first 21 mailboxes I looted, the mobspawned 3 times.... However, I didn't know I had to manually loot it, so after I found out, it only took 3 more mail boxes to find the correct mob, kill it and loot it for the mount. I.e. 4 (first 3 lost due to ignorance) mounts in 24 mail boxes = 4/24 = 1/6 = 16,67% drop
    There are plenty of people who went really dry on this mount. Never assume that just cause you were lucky yourself, the drop rate is suddenly higher. There are always people like that whenever a new mount gets added to the game, and sometimes they push 'public opinion' towards an incorrect assumption. Thankfully the visions have been out for a while now and we have more data to debunk these kinds of claims.

While counts like 350+ (given in some wowhead comments) are probably inaccurate, Mail Muncher is probably somewhere between 2-5% chance to pop up from a mailbox, which makes it fairly likely for some people to reach about 100 attempts without getting it. I have no idea where you got the "most people get it in under 10 tries" from. Personally it took me about 30-40, and many of my guildies have not seen the mount to date, but that's also probably partially because they aren't really trying. I know that my mate has been running visions every week (3 to 5 per week) and is yet to see the mount himself.

I think what differentiates this mount and the reports we see is that it's a farmable mount in content that most people are doing anyway. By that I mean that many more people are trying to get it, than say something like Soundless which requires hundreds of hours of dedicated farming. More people farming = more people who got lucky and thus post about it on Wowhead and other such sites, making you think it's high drop chance.

Grats on that Pond Nettle though
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-04-17 at 11:13 AM.

It was the first time I saw Mail Muncher. By that stage I had a level 15, level 14 (the one that got it), 2 level 10 and a few in the 5-6 range so I opened a lot of mailboxes. I was only doing solo runs and I wasn't pushing as currency wasn't an issue as I was also doing dailies to try and get the paragon chest pets. Ultimately once I do 5 mask solo on each vision for the achievement I'll probably never do them again.

My hunter has never been to ToT before, but I wanted to get the bow from Tortos (for xmog). It actually dropped on the first run, so I decided to continue with some bosses, and to my surprise Ji-Kun dropped the mount:

Pretty ironic given that I have been unsuccessfully farming the Ironhoof Destroyer on 10 toons for several months, but Clutch dropped on the 1st try.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

2/4 Garrison Invasion mounts collected within 3 Invasions

9/9 Island Expeditions - just got the last one from a box.

According to rarity that's in 1084 islands done, though some of those are salvage boxes which also count as chances. A vast majority of those islands were also done pre 8.3 when the drop rates were still shit (got all except for 1 of my mounts between 800-1080.

All that's left for me is to do some pvp islands for missing achievs and I'm done with it forever.

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    I was running that lfr wing for like half a year on multiple toons in Legion. Ended up finishing Legion without ever getting it at like 300+ tries. Congrats. Maybe I should start trying harder myself for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    My hunter has never been to ToT before, but I wanted to get the bow from Tortos (for xmog). It actually dropped on the first run, so I decided to continue with some bosses, and to my surprise Ji-Kun dropped the mount:

Pretty ironic given that I have been unsuccessfully farming the Ironhoof Destroyer on 10 toons for several months, but Clutch dropped on the 1st try.
    I've seen so many Ji-Kun drops on low attempt counts that I would be ready to assume that it's higher drop chance than other raid mounts, but it's still probably just confirmation bias. Got mine at like 4th attempt a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rautx View Post

2/4 Garrison Invasion mounts collected within 3 Invasions
    Gz! I had a similar situation, I think I got 3/4 from like 30 invasions, and then the final one after like 180 invasions. Ouch.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gz! I had a similar situation, I think I got 3/4 from like 30 invasions, and then the final one after like 180 invasions. Ouch.
    Thanks, hopefully I'm bit luckier than you, had my share of unlucky RNG, over 400 kills so far and no Smoldering Egg of Millagazor for example

10+ Year Old Account

Same. Got a duplicate of the Pearltusk before getting the fourth mount.

Done with all the paragon mounts. Got these before the rep buff. If anyone is missing any of the three army of the light mount, I highly recommend farming them now. You should be able to get a box a day doing all the elite quests which give rep to both army and AR, doing the 2 weekly quests, checking your mission table for rep tokens and doing any WQs that give the rep tokens on alts and funneling them to your main. Do note that the quests reset every 12 hours so you should be checking twice a day for new WQs
    Last edited by the0o; 2020-04-21 at 01:07 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Got Mollie from Dunegorger on my 38th (eligible) kill, which seems like a decent number based on the drops I saw in all my raid groups yesterday (3 drops including mine with ~150 people).

Got mine on the 106th Dunegorger kills. Almost disappointed since this farm is so chill that I wouldn't mind going a little bit dry here.