Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    Got two Twilight Avengers out of my 8 crestfall chests today, didn't realize you could get duplicates...
    This is pretty interesting. You shouldn't be able to get duplicates, perhaps it's only possible to get 2 at once if you didn't have one yet? Do you have a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This is pretty interesting. You shouldn't be able to get duplicates, perhaps it's only possible to get 2 at once if you didn't have one yet? Do you have a screenshot?
    I found on PTR when testing before that you can get duplicates (in fact I got two Risen Mares in one crate, I think one went to post rather than not showing up but I did get two fanfares - only happened once though). However duplicates only happened when I did not know the mount. Once I learned a mount it stopped showing up in crates. Quite possible that they still drop but because you know it you don't see it.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2020-05-05 at 08:31 PM.

Had a very very lucky few days.

It's extremely improbable to go beyond 300 attempts on a 1% raid mount, and that is already very unlucky. There's a pretty high probability of getting it sub 150 attempts. If you manage under 100 - call yourself lucky
    I know this is really weird logic, but still to me it seems that the 1% raid mounts are actually a bit higher and thus easier to get than the 1% dungeon mounts. Personally I got mounts like the Zul Gurub ones and the Blue Proto Drake after 500+ attempts, while I got the raid mounts a lot quicker. Might just be me though.

Got Mimiron's Head today, which brings my total up to #306 on one char. Only Invincible left as far as drop mounts are concerned in WotlK (won't even try to farm time-lost lol).

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    I know this is really weird logic, but still to me it seems that the 1% raid mounts are actually a bit higher and thus easier to get than the 1% dungeon mounts. Personally I got mounts like the Zul Gurub ones and the Blue Proto Drake after 500+ attempts, while I got the raid mounts a lot quicker. Might just be me though.
    The ZG panther mount also had a broken drop rate. I think it got fixed together with Blackhand and Guldan mounts lately, so that may be the cause of that.

Otherwise the thing with dungeon mounts is that they are usually on a daily lockout (the old ones at least) so even if one goes very dry on them it's not that big of a deal.

In the end all the drop rates are not even official, but mostly based on DB data such as wowhead. That gives a good idea and allows us to assume that most weekly/daily mounts from instances and raids are around 1%. So yeah it's entirely possible that one mount is like 0,8% chance, and another is like 1,2%. For some reason Blizzard doesn't like to release actual official drop rates. Maybe one day they will, who knows. The company responsible for OSRS also started supplying the community with actual official drop rates very recently, and that game has been around for like 20 years now (counting all its iterations).

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The ZG panther mount also had a broken drop rate. I think it got fixed together with Blackhand and Guldan mounts lately, so that may be the cause of that.

Otherwise the thing with dungeon mounts is that they are usually on a daily lockout (the old ones at least) so even if one goes very dry on them it's not that big of a deal.

In the end all the drop rates are not even official, but mostly based on DB data such as wowhead. That gives a good idea and allows us to assume that most weekly/daily mounts from instances and raids are around 1%. So yeah it's entirely possible that one mount is like 0,8% chance, and another is like 1,2%. For some reason Blizzard doesn't like to release actual official drop rates. Maybe one day they will, who knows. The company responsible for OSRS also started supplying the community with actual official drop rates very recently, and that game has been around for like 20 years now (counting all its iterations).
    Yeah, that might well be the case. I really enjoy the mount farming now though. I'm just starting to work my way up from expansions, got the 300 mount achievement recently. Only thing that I currently hate with Invincible is that it takes so long to farm, even the queueing trick which lets you go straight to LK is quite a hassle if you do it on 12 characters haha.

p.s. your collection is insane man, here is mine: https://simplearmory.com/#/eu/runeto...ectable/mounts

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Grats to everyone!

But I just have to say... GOD I WISH THEY'D BRING BACK BEAR TARTAR!!! You know, as it was before they nerfed it.
    I think they should either make player-crafted consumables that speed up old-raid running significantly, OR, let us collect things from the raid bosses that eventually lead to an account-wide unlock of speed boosts and teleports in legacy dungeons/raids.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Makaronpudding or bust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Grats to everyone!

But I just have to say... GOD I WISH THEY'D BRING BACK BEAR TARTAR!!! You know, as it was before they nerfed it.
    I think they should either make player-crafted consumables that speed up old-raid running significantly, OR, let us collect things from the raid bosses that eventually lead to an account-wide unlock of speed boosts and teleports in legacy dungeons/raids.
    I just want to be able to ride my mount in old raids....even if old means 2 x-pacs back

Not going to post a screenshot as it technically isn't a rare drop but I finally finished the world PVP meta for Conqueror's Scythemaw.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Got the Farondis Paragon Mount finally after 58 chests. It's crazy to think I ground 580,000 rep past exaltedbut there you go. Only Dreamweavers are left (53 chests opened atm), hoping to get it done soon. Don't really like farming those much. I'd rather sit at a spawn of a rare mob for months than keep going back to old expansion world quests over and over tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Not going to post a screenshot as it technically isn't a rare drop but I finally finished the world PVP meta for Conqueror's Scythemaw.
    Anything that requires pvp is rare in my book. Any tips on Bounty Hunting and War Supplied? These just sound very annoying
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-05-08 at 03:28 PM.

I have been on a mount drought for around a month I believe.

I have been chasing Anh-De my last assault mount on 4 toons every time its up, Skullripper (4% chance my ass), Umber Nightsaber and 3 Runs of Gul'dan per toon with 0 Joy.

I feel like im due for some luck!

Got some luck lately on non-raid mounts:

The Mana Ray is around 50 trys or so, but it got reseted for some reason.
    I think i got lucky with the corpse eater on just 9 trys.

Been farming ICC for the mount on multiple characters since I joined WoW in MoP and I finally go Invincible, I'm speechless, I feel like Maiev after the Illidan fight in BT

Quote Originally Posted by dorkaina View Post
    Got some luck lately on non-raid mounts:

The Mana Ray is around 50 trys or so, but it got reseted for some reason.
    I think i got lucky with the corpse eater on just 9 trys.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Been farming ICC for the mount on multiple characters since I joined WoW in MoP and I finally go Invincible, I'm speechless, I feel like Maiev after the Illidan fight in BT

Some fresh reset luck coming in. Gz dudes, hoping to get something this week myself. Hopefully it doesn't end like most weeks Tbf I am getting stuff all the time, just not the ones I want the most

I think I need just 1 more mount from the 8.3 rares and I'll be done! #378

Island Thunderscale from a lootbox, seems my luck there is rising to the mean. 6/9 island mounts now but I still need you, Squawks ( as well and the undead mare and the quillien).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Island Thunderscale from a lootbox, seems my luck there is rising to the mean. 6/9 island mounts now but I still need you, Squawks ( as well and the undead mare and the quillien).
    been doing this IE for a quite a while and my rng sucks trying to get squawks even i spent alot of it. I know there's listing of boxes that contains specific mount but geez, Rng can be a bitch sometime not giving you what you really wanted.

Astral Cloud Serpent after 47 tries... but its prolly more than that. Not too many tries, but really happy to have this one in my collection. Mount 480.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2020-05-21 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I have been on a mount drought for around a month I believe.

I have been chasing Anh-De my last assault mount on 4 toons every time its up, Skullripper (4% chance my ass), Umber Nightsaber and 3 Runs of Gul'dan per toon with 0 Joy.

I feel like im due for some luck!
    See I knew it! I also got the Terrified Pack Muel off the AH and thanks to the Nazjatar hotfix I finally got the 150 tokens for the Seahorse mount.

Sitting pretty at 583 mounts ingame journal now

Granted, I'd been checking very irregularly but finally got the Frightened Kodo after creating a trial character on a low pop german realm. (although most of my characters are on a low pop English realm anyway). Not looking gift kodos in the mouth though.