Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Feeling really good that I have already finished farming all 3 of these rare mounts! If the drop rates are really 0.5% for rust and soundless and 0.3% for harvester then my luck would be insanely high.
    Omg! Gz!! =). Yep, buy some lottery tickets haha!

I'm not much into mount farming but I had to pick up some sands of time from a wandering MoP vendor and the vendor just so happened to sit right in front of the Siege of Orgrimmar entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    I'm not much into mount farming but I had to pick up some sands of time from a wandering MoP vendor and the vendor just so happened to sit right in front of the Siege of Orgrimmar entrance.

Real luck then! I hate doing SoO (too long). But the mount is badass.

--
    It's been a really nice week for me:

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so I am just not very lucky. For instance, 280 kills on LK before the mount, 320 on TK and all other RNG mounts about the same. Never had a mount just drop without a lot of farming UNTIL THIS WEEK!

Got the fox mount on my alts first kill, even tho my main has prob done WT 50 times. And I got Midnight out of Mythic Kara after just 5 kills. Now to get even ONE mount to drop in Islands for me... 400+ runs and not one.

I've given up for now, those Mechanon mount drop rates broke me. I've been Mecha-done for over a month, I just can't take sitting there waiting for Rusty and Harvester anymore.

Bring back Warfront drop style, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    Ok, so I am just not very lucky. For instance, 280 kills on LK before the mount, 320 on TK and all other RNG mounts about the same. Never had a mount just drop without a lot of farming UNTIL THIS WEEK!

Got the fox mount on my alts first kill, even tho my main has prob done WT 50 times. And I got Midnight out of Mythic Kara after just 5 kills. Now to get even ONE mount to drop in Islands for me... 400+ runs and not one.
    I think I am at about 700 islands and just got one mount so far, and that was pretty low on attempts too, before all the changes to loot generation in islands.

As for the raid ones, don't give up, you will eventually get it. The odds aren't that bad for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I've given up for now, those Mechanon mount drop rates broke me. I've been Mecha-done for over a month, I just can't take sitting there waiting for Rusty and Harvester anymore.

Bring back Warfront drop style, please.
    Agreed they overdid it with the mount drop rates in Mechagon (and for Soundless) but not by much. It seems Rustfeather and Harvester are about 1 in 200, which still isn't that bad. They probably upped it from the usual 1% because they know people have so many alts these days. I'm not a fan of warfront style mounts myself, they are good for casual collectors, but anyone with a couple 120s will just get them without much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I think I am at about 700 islands and just got one mount so far, and that was pretty low on attempts too, before all the changes to loot generation in islands.

As for the raid ones, don't give up, you will eventually get it. The odds aren't that bad for those.

Agreed they overdid it with the mount drop rates in Mechagon (and for Soundless) but not by much. It seems Rustfeather and Harvester are about 1 in 200, which still isn't that bad. They probably upped it from the usual 1% because they know people have so many alts these days. I'm not a fan of warfront style mounts myself, they are good for casual collectors, but anyone with a couple 120s will just get them without much effort.
    That's fair... I don't even like either mount, would never use either, so it's just a number and I'm sick of siting on that god-pounding hill staring at birds.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't get a SS since my main concern was getting the tag, but I picked up the Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake from Aeonaxx last night.

I have a Shaman alt who is a JC, and I try to do the Cata dailies whenever I can to finish up all those recipes. One of the dailies is called "Elemental Goo" and it requires you to kill and loot 10 cataclysm elementals. Every time I get that quest I specifically go to Deepholm since I know that Aeonaxx resides there. But I never expected to actually see him.

It really felt completely surreal this time around because some people were chatting in trade about how dead the server was since Classic went live (it was 2:30 am to be fair). Anyhow it got me thinking that with less people around, the odds of catching an ultra rare mount like Aeonaxx would be better. So I thought, hey, why not go onto my Shaman and see what daily quest is up, and if it's "Elemental Goo" then it's a good excuse to go to Deepholm anyway.

The quest was "Elemental Goo". So off I fly. I get into Deepholm. I have a macro that does /tar Aeonaxx and as I hit the macro, sure enough, up pops Aeonaxx. I was stunned.

I have zero clue how to take him down from the height he flies at without committing suicide (not ridiculously high, but high enough that the fall will kill you). But I really didn't care, and I certainly wasn't about to waste any time messing around on the off chance that someone else swoops in. One instant spell killed him, I fell to my death and used reincarnation to get up instantly and made sure I got the loot.

After getting the Solar Spire Hawk from Rukhmar 2 weeks ago, I am feeling really chuffed right now

I've had some great luck these past couple of weeks. I FINALLY got Invincible's Reins and the Blazing Drake (completing my Emerald Drake achievement) and the Living Infernal Core from Gul'dan (green one). On top of that, I also hit my 100 reputations on my Paladin, so I received the Pureheart Courser as well! I've been on a roll.

Finally got every mount from Arathi. And got Singer's Mask toy on my alt. Now I just need Magic Fun Rock from Ruul, but it's not that important.

Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Finally got Maddened Chaosrunner, leaves me with Lambent Mana Ray to get from argus.
    E:

First paragon chest and I got Royal Snapdragon and the Flopping Fish toy!
    Last edited by Rautx; 2019-09-19 at 09:42 AM.

Got the Craghorn Chasm-Leaper (my second expedition mount)

Was just doing Crestfall to try and get the pet (Ghostly Whelpling) as it is Dragons this week, so came as a bit of a shock to get a mount given how rare they are (I'd estimate 1500-2000 islands so far but nothing more specific than that).

I want the Twilight Avenger and so far I've got mounts in alphabetical order (total coincidence by the way I'm sure). Twilight Avenger is last on the list .

Edit: After a check it seems the pet is from Undead Orcs rather than the Dragons I thought. Worth it anyway due to mount.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-09-19 at 03:07 PM.

I had to read twice to make sure I really got the mount, since epic items are not that usual on this boss
    Since I disabled Rarity (because I get a screen freeze shorty after the login), my estimate is around 50 kills, a lot lower than I expected.
    I'm done with warfront mounts (really easy to obtain with 11 chars), but I have yet to see an island expedition one :|

https://imgur.com/a/CGmOnV8
    Last edited by Vynx; 2019-09-21 at 08:41 AM.

After plenty of weeks of running archimonde Mythic i finally got Felsteel anihilator (Spelling?) today.

Going to Blackhand now.. Maby 2 mounts in a row?

7+ Year Old Account

Spent the whole day farming Jellies to get rep and feed this boi WORTH IT! Got him about 30 mins ago!

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    *SNIP*
    Spent the whole day farming Jellies to get rep and feed this boi WORTH IT! Got him about 30 mins ago!
    Very nice! What did you do during the time collecting all that jelly? I'd probably go insane from boredom with all that collecting.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow... Incredible..

I only killed the boss and farmed an additional ~1.000 rep. It took me around 90 minutes. I don't dare to guess how much time you spent, grinding to exalted on day 1.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Very nice! What did you do during the time collecting all that jelly? I'd probably go insane from boredom with all that collecting.
    I just talked to friends. Half the time I was grouped with a friend from lower pop server, we were sharing the jelly spawns. Sometimes I watched a bit of Netflix.
    But tbf if you grind it nonstop, don't forget to take few min breaks every now and then. Your eyes aren't very happy about the whole ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Wow... Incredible..

I only killed the boss and farmed an additional ~1.000 rep. It took me around 90 minutes. I don't dare to guess how much time you spent, grinding to exalted on day 1.
    Pretty much ever since EU servers came up 'til the evening. It is quite a grind, just don't give up on it. You'll get there eventually.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much ever since EU servers came up 'til the evening. It is quite a grind, just don't give up on it. You'll get there eventually.
    I know I will

But I think most of my rep, will come from killing the giant on a daily basis.. Alliance is not my main faction.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I know I will

But I think most of my rep, will come from killing the giant on a daily basis.. Alliance is not my main faction.
    For anyone not rushing the rep it's probably advisable to wait until next weekend to turn in your jelly to get the DMF buff. At least the stuff isn''t soulbound so killing the giant on each 120 seems reasobnably productive (assuming people don't kite it - such a small leash area once engaged which is odd as it patrol a reasonably sized area)