10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    For anyone not rushing the rep it's probably advisable to wait until next weekend to turn in your jelly to get the DMF buff. At least the stuff isn''t soulbound so killing the giant on each 120 seems reasobnably productive (assuming people don't kite it - such a small leash area once engaged which is odd as it patrol a reasonably sized area)
    backpack wise, I cannot afford to hoard jellies; I have a chronic lack of space, so those 3 slots are more important than 10% rep.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I know I will

But I think most of my rep, will come from killing the giant on a daily basis.. Alliance is not my main faction.
    Apart from the rep, you also need to feed the bee. You can't skip that part, so you need to collect a lot of the jelly anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Apart from the rep, you also need to feed the bee. You can't skip that part, so you need to collect a lot of the jelly anyway.
    Are you 100% sure about that?

I'm pretty sure the bar on the bee, moves when you kill Honey Smasher, i.e. working towards progress.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

7+ Year Old Account

I'm pretty sure the bar on the bee, moves when you kill Honey Smasher, i.e. working towards progress.
    You need to feed the bee. I handed in some rep items from rares, don't recall it moving the bar at all. Just the faction rep.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Yes I am sure.

The bar on the bee is a separate thing from reputation. You need both exalted reputation, and the bar on the bee completed.

By the way, hanging out in the zone is a good idea, even afk, people call out events, which often drop quest items for 750 rep or so, and other stuff. There are also some pets from those events afaik.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-09-27 at 07:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am sure.

The bar on the bee is a separate thing from reputation. You need both exalted reputation, and the bar on the bee completed.

By the way, hanging out in the zone is a good idea, even afk, people call out events, which often drop quest items for 750 rep or so, and other stuff. There are also some pets from those events afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytalon View Post
    You need to feed the bee. I handed in some rep items from rares, don't recall it moving the bar at all. Just the faction rep.
    I checked yesterday. Before (and after) killing Honey Smasher, I was at 317/3500 on the bee's bar. So it seems you are right.
    HS dropped a rare and epic jelly, which I handed in, and rare moved it to 337/3500 and epic to 377/3500 (20 and 40 respectively).

Rep was as expected.

Got 3 new ones this week, which brings me to a total of 464 mounts usable on a single character (paladin)

Snapback Scuttler (Nazjatar meta achievement) got this one week late because I messed up the selection in Mardivas once. Cool mount, More of a time sink than luck I guess.

Honeyback Harvester (not really rare I guess, but one of the mounts I really like actually, I hope we'll get more cool designs and different stuff than just drakes, wyrms and other repeated models) Managed to get this little boy on day 5 of it being out.

Last but not least, finally finished the glory of EP and got the Azshari Bloatray today

PTR but the new island expedition salvage vendor is nuts. You can buy boxes from the current islands for 175 coins per box. So far I've opened 3 mounts from the Havenswood box (bat, undead horse, moose) and one mount from the dread chain box (yeti). Sample size is about 15 boxes.

Then I opened about 15 skittering hollow and got nothing but cloth transmog sets and pets.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Got two new mounts finally recently, the Annihilator after ~260 attempts and the underrot crawg at around 60.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc4d7b96f32a View Post
    Obtained a rare mount? Link the Screenshot!

Sadly, I don't have any screenshots of my rare mount loots. - (New Computer)

Keep em comin' !
    This used to be one of my favorite threads. Let's keep it going!

Someone define "rare" for me.

Half of the mounts I see being posted on here aren't rare at all. Some of them aren't even uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

Half of the mounts I see being posted on here aren't rare at all. Some of them aren't even uncommon.
    You must be fun at parties.

Last friday I was rewarded by Malygos:

And today he found me worthy yet again. Finally done in EoE:

Last edited by jegerlee; 2019-10-17 at 07:51 PM.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I know, right? The mounts that take time to grind out like Glory metas or 'always on a vendor/achievement' seem to be posted here. Sad how some people just spout out tired old internet phrases in response to your legit post.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Rare drops. If they had to be rare for a fact, then nobody could post aside from people having black tanks, Heavenly Onyx Cloud serpents or Love Rockets...

If you're a gamer, you should be familiar with the concept.
    Over time it's also been extended to a simple Mount Appreciation Thread. Someone posting a vendor mount is a hell of a lot less of a derail than your post, I'd say.

But ya'll stay salty, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    PTR but the new island expedition salvage vendor is nuts. You can buy boxes from the current islands for 175 coins per box. So far I've opened 3 mounts from the Havenswood box (bat, undead horse, moose) and one mount from the dread chain box (yeti). Sample size is about 15 boxes.

Then I opened about 15 skittering hollow and got nothing but cloth transmog sets and pets.
    Jeeeebus wept, this will keep me busy whether I like it or not, I REALLY want the Quilen mount from Islands...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-10-17 at 12:27 AM.

I just got GMOD on my very first Jaina kill returning back to WoW.

wOOT

Silent Glider is mine now! 370 attempts, but many of those were done via multi-logging, and there is a major debate in the community whether those work or not, so probably closer to about 280-300 attempts when I 'cross those out'.

Those who are still going for it, remember to search for LFG groups and join a community (i know they exist on EU, not sure about US and other regions) - helps massively.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    I know, right? The mounts that take time to grind out like Glory metas or 'always on a vendor/achievement' seem to be posted here. Sad how some people just spout out tired old internet phrases in response to your legit post.
    Yeah we could definitely argue what rare means, and it probably means different things to different people. Personally I post some mounts that aren't exactly rare from time to time, but I usually try to group them up with something that is rare indeed. Glory meta might not be rare/hard to get for you, but it sure is for many, in fact, it's probably unobtainable for many players until after the content is outdated. Vendor mounts? Sure, not hard to get them for some, but for others, getting 1 or 5 mil gold, or even just 900k is hard. Even something like a bee mount is kind of a hot thing in the first week after release, though of course now everyone has them. We could go even further with thoughts like that: are 1% raid drop mounts even rare? If you have like 10+ characters you can bruteforce most of them within a couple weeks, but then you still have people with 1 character who farm them for years. Should they not be allowed to share their "achievement"?

In the end, this thread is about sharing new mount acquisitions you are happy about, and some positivty around that. It's not exactly about putting up requirements as to which mounts are worthy of being posted and which aren't. So yes, people will be spouting 'tired old internet phrases' because this thread is essentially a circlejerk and everyone is happy about it. Coming in and ranting about it doesn't help anyone.

Silent Glider is mine now! 370 attempts, but many of those were done via multi-logging, and there is a major debate in the community whether those work or not, so probably closer to about 280-300 attempts when I 'cross those out'.

Those who are still going for it, remember to search for LFG groups and join a community (i know they exist on EU, not sure about US and other regions) - helps massively.

Yeah we could definitely argue what rare means, and it probably means different things to different people. Personally I post some mounts that aren't exactly rare from time to time, but I usually try to group them up with something that is rare indeed. Glory meta might not be rare/hard to get for you, but it sure is for many, in fact, it's probably unobtainable for many players until after the content is outdated. Vendor mounts? Sure, not hard to get them for some, but for others, getting 1 or 5 mil gold, or even just 900k is hard. Even something like a bee mount is kind of a hot thing in the first week after release, though of course now everyone has them. We could go even further with thoughts like that: are 1% raid drop mounts even rare? If you have like 10+ characters you can bruteforce most of them within a couple weeks, but then you still have people with 1 character who farm them for years. Should they not be allowed to share their "achievement"?

In the end, this thread is about sharing new mount acquisitions you are happy about, and some positivty around that. It's not exactly about putting up requirements as to which mounts are worthy of being posted and which aren't. So yes, people will be spouting 'tired old internet phrases' because this thread is essentially a circlejerk and everyone is happy about it. Coming in and ranting about it doesn't help anyone.
    Gz!!

Me and Arachnoid + Soundless are on a break atm. At first I thought it was awesome to be able to farm their mounts everyday, but I'm exhausted by it. I got the Junkheap pretty fast, but it drained me.
    For me atleast, it's much more "fun" to plow through a raid/dungeon whenever I want during a raid reset instead of feeling locked every 45 min.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Been farming Ony's lair to get the transmog items for all the classes when lo and behold, her mount drops.

But I still gotta keep farming for those xmog items. >.<