220 Gul'dan kills, still no mount

So after 11 years of farming I finally got my white whale when it comes to mounts.

Headless Horseman Reins!

Its a fairly common mount by collectors standards and unremarkable looking but it has eluded me since its inception and today I finally got it.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    So after 11 years of farming I finally got my white whale when it comes to mounts.

Headless Horseman Reins!

Its a fairly common mount by collectors standards and unremarkable looking but it has eluded me since its inception and today I finally got it.
    Still a feat. I can proudly say after last night I'm now in the same club! Every day on multiple toons since it was available and after all those years I finally got it! It was a real fist bump moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Got this fucker this week, is not rare, but it was 200 tries, and i dropped 5 of each other before this one, so i think the asshole should be here:

Finally, It's been a lot of years, a lot characters, tries, etc.
    But Arthas finally dropped it for me on my DK alt.

I'm so happy, the mount i've most wanted since wrath.

=)

Not entirely rare but the maze might be the worst thing i've ever had to do in this game. Worth it though

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Not entirely rare but the maze might be the worst thing i've ever had to do in this game. Worth it though
    I feel you. I ran around that maze for 3 hours and thought I'd go insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Not entirely rare but the maze might be the worst thing i've ever had to do in this game. Worth it though *SNIP*
    When you did the maze, did you do what I did and map out the maze on a grid piece of paper or whatever?

I used Photoshop to map out my maze with a grid, noting the orbs and the runes, so I wouldn't get totally lost - just mostly lost.

Still one of the worst experiences in my life... and I'd do it all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    When you did the maze, did you do what I did and map out the maze on a grid piece of paper or whatever?

I used Photoshop to map out my maze with a grid, noting the orbs and the runes, so I wouldn't get totally lost - just mostly lost.

Still one of the worst experiences in my life... and I'd do it all over again!
    I used the addon to keep track of my patterns and to mark the rooms but that obviously is only half of the puzzle. I used a pen and paper to dimension it out and keep it in order so i could visualize it. I'm just happy that I never have to do it again

No rarity screenshot because I was on the phone and missed the loot. Postmaster hooked me up though! My alts can finally leave Mechagon. I can finally play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw some lucky bugger get Ashes of Al'ar from the TW raid from the 15th Anniv event. Wouldn't be surprised if you can get Invincible and the Raggy mount from them raid events too.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is it rare? It took some time. Looking at the meta, I was "WTF, hard pass" - there seemed too much rgn and grind in there. That Murloc stash game, needing a special cloak? At least 90 days of dailies for Followers. All those rares. But after a few weeks (and quite some time in Mechagon as well), I looked at the achievement tabs...and lo and behold, the rare kills were piling up. One follower was lv 30, the next at 15. Manapearls were accumulating towards 1000. Suddenly I had that cloak and access to the Murloc stash and within another day the Crimson Tidestallion. Feline Figurines was also quick.

Then the next "WTF" moment. Some rares had seemingly outrageous conditions. Shared spawn, kill that guy to maaaybe get the other to spawn..and not least the Rockweed Shambler (who suddenly just shambled past me one day)

And when I though this is all going well, along comes the hardest bit for an old fart like me. The "fiendishly difficult lock" on that one Arcane chest for Trove Tracker. Finally solved it on the day that my last bodyguard hit lv 29 and today....tadaaaaa.

Not sorry at all to bore you with this story

Definitely requires some time and hard work. People often feel like it's nothing special because it's just a world content meta achievement reward, but then again, if you really think about it, it's probably harder to get than many old raid drop mounts. Good job keeping at it.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Saw some lucky bugger get Ashes of Al'ar from the TW raid from the 15th Anniv event. Wouldn't be surprised if you can get Invincible and the Raggy mount from them raid events too.
    Already got all of those, but that is quite interesting that it works like that.

I came back for the 15th anniversary and got this surprise after my first mythic island. My second mount from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Silent Glider is mine now! 370 attempts, but many of those were done via multi-logging, and there is a major debate in the community whether those work or not, so probably closer to about 280-300 attempts when I 'cross those out'.

Those who are still going for it, remember to search for LFG groups and join a community (i know they exist on EU, not sure about US and other regions) - helps massively.

Yeah we could definitely argue what rare means, and it probably means different things to different people. Personally I post some mounts that aren't exactly rare from time to time, but I usually try to group them up with something that is rare indeed. Glory meta might not be rare/hard to get for you, but it sure is for many, in fact, it's probably unobtainable for many players until after the content is outdated. Vendor mounts? Sure, not hard to get them for some, but for others, getting 1 or 5 mil gold, or even just 900k is hard. Even something like a bee mount is kind of a hot thing in the first week after release, though of course now everyone has them. We could go even further with thoughts like that: are 1% raid drop mounts even rare? If you have like 10+ characters you can bruteforce most of them within a couple weeks, but then you still have people with 1 character who farm them for years. Should they not be allowed to share their "achievement"?

In the end, this thread is about sharing new mount acquisitions you are happy about, and some positivty around that. It's not exactly about putting up requirements as to which mounts are worthy of being posted and which aren't. So yes, people will be spouting 'tired old internet phrases' because this thread is essentially a circlejerk and everyone is happy about it. Coming in and ranting about it doesn't help anyone.
    Only true rare mounts that drop are the four outdoor bosses in MoP. Others might be time consuming to an extent, but have far greater drop rate. TW mount has low droprate, but quite easy to farm since you can kill hundreds of bosses each TW week. Fill me in if I forgot about any. Then we have the unobtainable mounts, like old glad mounts vanilla epic mounts aq mount and a few others that are more rare, but those do not fit the topic of this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Only true rare mounts that drop are the four outdoor bosses in MoP. Others might be time consuming to an extent, but have far greater drop rate. TW mount has low droprate, but quite easy to farm since you can kill hundreds of bosses each TW week. Fill me in if I forgot about any. Then we have the unobtainable mounts, like old glad mounts vanilla epic mounts aq mount and a few others that are more rare, but those do not fit the topic of this discussion.
    How is that rare , then you can kill with X chars + coin?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipso View Post
    How is that rare , then you can kill with X chars + coin?
    Because you can only do it once per week and drop rate is super low? Tell me something that is more rare and drops then.

Done! Every mount from Arathi and Darkshore are now in my stables

Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Because you can only do it once per week and drop rate is super low? Tell me something that is more rare and drops then.
    Big Love Rocket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love rocket is 1 in 3333, WB are 1 in 2k. So yes Love rocket is rarer but how can you say WBs aren't rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    Love rocket is 1 in 3333, WB are 1 in 2k. So yes Love rocket is rarer but how can you say WBs aren't rare.
    Oh i see, so rare mount if only drops from panda wbs, without coins, ok. Noted