Set a goal to hit 400 mounts before Shadowlands. This was a welcome start. #370

Posted back in February where I was unbelieveable lucky to get 3 mounts on the same day since then nothing. Until tonight.

Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

Quote Originally Posted by jegerlee View Post
    Posted back in February where I was unbelieveable lucky to get 3 mounts on the same day since then nothing. Until tonight.

3 attempts! Damn you, i'm 0/16 on that damn thing. I hate lootboxes.

I did snag a 4th Island Mount just now (Stonehide Elderhorn). Man the switch to Mythics..... wish I'd known months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

I did snag a 4th Island Mount just now (Stonehide Elderhorn). Man the switch to Mythics..... wish I'd known months ago!
    Is there a big difference in drop rates between heroic and mythic? I've been grinding heroics and been getting nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    Is there a big difference in drop rates between heroic and mythic? I've been grinding heroics and been getting nothing.
    The higher the difficulty, the better the drop chances. There is no real point to farm anything below mythic since 8.2 because the islands were nerfed hard and the time required to clear a mythic island is pretty much the same as the time required to clear a heroic island. With a decently geared party you can do a mythic island in 5-7 minutes usually.

And yeah, since 8.3 I've been getting about 1 mount in 25-30 mythic islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    Huge. I never saw a mount in 700+ heroics, have gotten 4 is maybe 50 mythical.

The hunt for 400 Continues! #371

Apparently the RNG God have taken pity of me. The Royal Snapdragon last night and tonight, no more full SoO runs on Mythic!
    I want the shoulders aswell, but I'm going to farm them on HC with groupfinder abuse :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Just wow, I'm on a roll tonight! Good thing is, now I just need to farm Alyzrazor :-)

Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

not sure how rare these are, got both within 1 month after coming back.

#372 - 2/9 Island mounts, none from actual islands so far.

Finally ground out those final research traits.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Got this yesterday, only need Highland Mustang and I'm done with Arathi mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post

Me too! I'm not quite sure why it only says 3 lootboxes, I've looted atleast +6. I think it's because I've only had the addon installed for a couple of months. I hate those things and I hate dailies even more, so in order for me to not go mental, I only do Emissary quests as rep for factions where I want a mount and afterwards only do them when they award 2000g.

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG][/IMG]

...what do you think, is that price ok, since that mount was my dream???....

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bit steep for me personally but hell, I've paid 500k for mounts I don't even use so you should be thrilled my dude.

[IMG][/IMG]

It's all about how you value your gold and time spent trying to get the mounts yourself. If you believe it was worth it for you, then it probably was. Personally I'd prefer to farm the mount a bit longer rather than farm gold to buy it, especially for a 1% drop rate raid mount, but each to their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's all about how you value your gold and time spent trying to get the mounts yourself. If you believe it was worth it for you, then it probably was. Personally I'd prefer to farm the mount a bit longer rather than farm gold to buy it, especially for a 1% drop rate raid mount, but each to their own.
    ... tbh I was suprised that this mount go for that low price, since mount is really nice (at least for me) and farming Soo is long due to some bosses mechanics, some rp things, no matter which ilvl you are...

btw the night before argus mount was sold for 2.6m....what do you think about that...

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG][/IMG]

Lol, I'd gladly pay gold for that Mount. SoO is such a shitfest to run on 10 chars. God I hate that place, Jesus christ..

Newest addition in my Mount Collection is the Birdie from Corpsefeaster.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

[IMG][/IMG]

It took me 53 tries to get that mount and I used 2, sometimes 3, chars which is worth ~5 months of farming that awful long raid. I will absolutely spend 500K on a mount I really want just to beat the RNG god.