10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Got mine on the 106th Dunegorger kills. Almost disappointed since this farm is so chill that I wouldn't mind going a little bit dry here.

How many characters do you have?? Hasn't it only been a thing since 8.3, on a lengthy rotation O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ... tbh I was suprised that this mount go for that low price, since mount is really nice (at least for me) and farming Soo is long due to some bosses mechanics, some rp things, no matter which ilvl you are...

btw the night before argus mount was sold for 2.6m....what do you think about that...
    True, SoO is a pain in the ass to farm, but nonetheless, you can do quite a lot of attempts per week. It took me personally 226 attempts spread over a couple months.

Argus mount still has this hype factor because it's pretty recent, as well as the drop chance around forced personal loot in big groups is kind of still in the air and not clear, so I can understand people paying this much for it.

Again, it's all up to one's playstyle. There are people for whom 1 million is chump change. If it's easier for you to make gold than to farm, BMAH gives that option, for better or for worse.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    How many characters do you have?? Hasn't it only been a thing since 8.3, on a lengthy rotation O.O
    Thanks to Korrak's Revenge, I am sporting 50 characters at level 120 spread across 24 realms
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-04-30 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyF1069 View Post
    I could cry

Huge gratz! This mount is my new mount nemesis, right behind Invincible that took me 4 years of farming. The Ironhoof Destroyer looks so awesome together with the Blackrock Foundry warrior transmog.

- - - Updated - - -

True, SoO is a pain in the ass to farm, but nonetheless, you can do quite a lot of attempts per week. It took me personally 226 attempts spread over a couple months.

Argus mount still has this hype factor because it's pretty recent, as well as the drop chance around forced personal loot in big groups is kind of still in the air and not clear, so I can understand people paying this much for it.

Again, it's all up to one's playstyle. There are people for whom 1 million is chump change. If it's easier for you to make gold than to farm, BMAH gives that option, for better or for worse.

Thanks to Korrak's Revenge, I am sporting 50 characters at level 120 spread across 24 realms
    50 chars..... I'm unsure if it's awesome or mental
    I'm farming mounts on 3 chars, soon 4, since I took advantage of the wisdom buff and just leveled my first max level alliance. I just haven't gotten him started with mount farming yet as I'm experiencing the whole alliance campaign. It's quite nice from another perspective :-)
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

Right, finally got this one today. Not sure if it counts as rare in the traditional sense, but it took me months to farm the cash, so

Quote Originally Posted by jegerlee View Post

50 chars..... I'm unsure if it's awesome or mental
    I'm farming mounts on 3 chars, soon 4, since I took advantage of the wisdom buff and just leveled my first max level alliance. I just haven't gotten him started with mount farming yet as I'm experiencing the whole alliance campaign. It's quite nice from another perspective :-)
    Yeah now is a good time to level some alts and increases your chances. Then again, it seems that in SL leveling alts might be even faster. I guess in general it's a good time for those who need to catch up with their alts. Korrak's revenge was great because it was compelely afk. Making a DK and then a DH and pushing it to 120 amounted to like 7-8 hours of afking while doing other things. My final 13-14 characters were done like that.

PS.

Huge gratz! This mount is my new mount nemesis, right behind Invincible that took me 4 years of farming. The Ironhoof Destroyer looks so awesome together with the Blackrock Foundry warrior transmog.
    Until very recently, Ironhoof Destroyer was bugged / had way lower drop rate than intended. It was pretty recently fixed, after many months of whining from mount farmers. Hopefully it should be easier to get it now (in line with other raid mounts). I farmed it all throughout the bugged drop rate time and managed to get it at 934 tries before the nerf. Glad for the others who will have easier time now though.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-04-30 at 01:31 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Right, finally got this one today. Not sure if it counts as rare in the traditional sense, but it took me months to farm the cash, so

Yeah now is a good time to level some alts and increases your chances. Then again, it seems that in SL leveling alts might be even faster. I guess in general it's a good time for those who need to catch up with their alts. Korrak's revenge was great because it was compelely afk. Making a DK and then a DH and pushing it to 120 amounted to like 7-8 hours of afking while doing other things. My final 13-14 characters were done like that.

PS.

Until very recently, Ironhoof Destroyer was bugged / had way lower drop rate than intended. It was pretty recently fixed, after many months of whining from mount farmers. Hopefully it should be easier to get it now (in line with other raid mounts). I farmed it all throughout the bugged drop rate time and managed to get it at 934 tries before the nerf. Glad for the others who will have easier time now though.
    I paid for a run for that thing at the end of MoP. Seems like money well spent. But I don't use the mount too often , it's just so freaking huge.

I wonder what the starting bid for the AH mount will be on BMAH. I'm curious if it will actually be possible to get it for less than 5 million gold that way.

After 1500+ Kills it dropped for me Thanks to my wife for helping me out.. Love you<3
    This is my 580 mount..

Last edited by Scarablord; 2020-05-01 at 07:49 AM.

#374 On this character. The grind really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm impressed at the lengths some of you guys go to for mounts. Its inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

What a surprise...was not really farming it, because I thought the odds were ridiculous...but in under 20 transmog runs. Awesome.
    Chance is 1%, like for every raid drop mount. Not extremely rare, but still lucky to get it in 20 tries, congrats.

The problem with older raid mounts is that lots of more casual farmers go for them. People without proper attempt counters, people who run the raid from time to time and forget to do weekly runs etc. They often make it seem as though these mounts are rarer than they really are. Like I saw a guy on reddit the other day claiming he did 1500+ attempts on Lich King and had no Invincible..yeah sorry that didn't happen.

It's extremely improbable to go beyond 300 attempts on a 1% raid mount, and that is already very unlucky. There's a pretty high probability of getting it sub 150 attempts. If you manage under 100 - call yourself lucky
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-05-04 at 07:19 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...I guess you are right, though there might be some crazily unlucky streaks that stick. I also got Ashes and Clutch in like under 10 attempts, but indeed me calling the odds "ridiculous" stems from (so many) ppl claiming it took them forever to get Invincible.

As for unlucky steaks....I have been running BRF for transmog...got a full one on my Paladin withing 3 clears, got the Black Hand (after like 15 Blackhand kills)..but whenever I run with my mage...she never gets any of her tier 17 pieces to drop...not even the token in the end.

Oh yeah, I also got Rustfeather mount in under 100 attempts (yay for an army of alts and 30 mins respawn), Rotfeaster in under 10 and was in the right spot at the right time when somebody spotted that Ivory serpent who already had it and let me catch it. So overall I am not complaining. That blue proto drake from Utgard Pinnacle however....easily over 250 kills...for some months I had 5 alts parked out there and did it daily...no luck.

Thanks for reading this blogpost
    Yeah, sometimes you get lucky. Maybe it's a good idea to stop while you're on top as they say, but it doesn't work if you want them all :P At some point you will go dry on something. I've had plenty 1-20 attempt drops for 1% mounts, but also had a couple cases where I went above 300, which is always pretty painful.

Rotfeaster, as well as some other 8.3 rare drops, have a higher chance though, so that's a bit easier to get.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    [IMG][/IMG]

...this one has been long awaited...farming since2013, but stopped at start in bfa due to burn out...sometimes even thinking was doing something wrong...yesterday starting read this post for fun and from start and see so many mimy drops and told myself go noob and try tomorrow and...you know rest of the story!!!...

mount nr.462...overall with some allys 509 atm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Since there is the nice Reputation Buff goin on right now I finally decided to farm the antorus factions for the paragon-chest mounts as I had no interest in it when it was "new content" and yeah this happened on my first Army of the Light chest:

I know that these are not really rare, but had a good chuckle that I got 2 of them in one chest

Got two Twilight Avengers out of my 8 crestfall chests today, didn't realize you could get duplicates...

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    Got two Twilight Avengers out of my 8 crestfall chests today, didn't realize you could get duplicates...
    This is pretty interesting. You shouldn't be able to get duplicates, perhaps it's only possible to get 2 at once if you didn't have one yet? Do you have a screenshot?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

This is pretty interesting. You shouldn't be able to get duplicates, perhaps it's only possible to get 2 at once if you didn't have one yet? Do you have a screenshot?
    I found on PTR when testing before that you can get duplicates (in fact I got two Risen Mares in one crate, I think one went to post rather than not showing up but I did get two fanfares - only happened once though). However duplicates only happened when I did not know the mount. Once I learned a mount it stopped showing up in crates. Quite possible that they still drop but because you know it you don't see it.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2020-05-05 at 08:31 PM.

Had a very very lucky few days.

It's extremely improbable to go beyond 300 attempts on a 1% raid mount, and that is already very unlucky. There's a pretty high probability of getting it sub 150 attempts. If you manage under 100 - call yourself lucky
    I know this is really weird logic, but still to me it seems that the 1% raid mounts are actually a bit higher and thus easier to get than the 1% dungeon mounts. Personally I got mounts like the Zul Gurub ones and the Blue Proto Drake after 500+ attempts, while I got the raid mounts a lot quicker. Might just be me though.

Got Mimiron's Head today, which brings my total up to #306 on one char. Only Invincible left as far as drop mounts are concerned in WotlK (won't even try to farm time-lost lol).

Quote Originally Posted by DutchOutcastbas View Post
    I know this is really weird logic, but still to me it seems that the 1% raid mounts are actually a bit higher and thus easier to get than the 1% dungeon mounts. Personally I got mounts like the Zul Gurub ones and the Blue Proto Drake after 500+ attempts, while I got the raid mounts a lot quicker. Might just be me though.
    The ZG panther mount also had a broken drop rate. I think it got fixed together with Blackhand and Guldan mounts lately, so that may be the cause of that.

Otherwise the thing with dungeon mounts is that they are usually on a daily lockout (the old ones at least) so even if one goes very dry on them it's not that big of a deal.

In the end all the drop rates are not even official, but mostly based on DB data such as wowhead. That gives a good idea and allows us to assume that most weekly/daily mounts from instances and raids are around 1%. So yeah it's entirely possible that one mount is like 0,8% chance, and another is like 1,2%. For some reason Blizzard doesn't like to release actual official drop rates. Maybe one day they will, who knows. The company responsible for OSRS also started supplying the community with actual official drop rates very recently, and that game has been around for like 20 years now (counting all its iterations).
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

The ZG panther mount also had a broken drop rate. I think it got fixed together with Blackhand and Guldan mounts lately, so that may be the cause of that.

Otherwise the thing with dungeon mounts is that they are usually on a daily lockout (the old ones at least) so even if one goes very dry on them it's not that big of a deal.

In the end all the drop rates are not even official, but mostly based on DB data such as wowhead. That gives a good idea and allows us to assume that most weekly/daily mounts from instances and raids are around 1%. So yeah it's entirely possible that one mount is like 0,8% chance, and another is like 1,2%. For some reason Blizzard doesn't like to release actual official drop rates. Maybe one day they will, who knows. The company responsible for OSRS also started supplying the community with actual official drop rates very recently, and that game has been around for like 20 years now (counting all its iterations).
    Yeah, that might well be the case. I really enjoy the mount farming now though. I'm just starting to work my way up from expansions, got the 300 mount achievement recently. Only thing that I currently hate with Invincible is that it takes so long to farm, even the queueing trick which lets you go straight to LK is quite a hassle if you do it on 12 characters haha.

p.s. your collection is insane man, here is mine: https://simplearmory.com/#/eu/runeto...ectable/mounts

Grats to everyone!

But I just have to say... GOD I WISH THEY'D BRING BACK BEAR TARTAR!!! You know, as it was before they nerfed it.
    I think they should either make player-crafted consumables that speed up old-raid running significantly, OR, let us collect things from the raid bosses that eventually lead to an account-wide unlock of speed boosts and teleports in legacy dungeons/raids.