10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was all my luck for Shadowlands.
    First a cloakthing, then Mauler from the rare, then TWO mounts in ONE DA paragon chest!

I was waiting on the other players for a SoA key and someone started up the rare by ringing the bells. I had only killed this council rare once before on a Kyrian alt. The Ascended Skymane dropped in the chest. I was pretty happy to not have to deal with farming this one.
    Sorry still no screen shots : /

It's finally over: 2458 kills across 51 characters on three servers and two WoW accounts:

Done with death advance rep. Only Archivist Codex to be done with korthia

What kind of drop rates have people experienced for the Korthia rates?

The "covenant 4", as well as the others...

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    What kind of drop rates have people experienced for the Korthia rates?

The "covenant 4", as well as the others...
    Most of them are relatively easy to get. If you're doing it with a couple characters you're gonna get them within 1-2 weeks. Got all of mine between 1-20 attempst pretty much, with an outlier of bastion's covenant mount that took like 35ish

The worst part about Korthia is the Archivists' Codex paragon, because that rep takes 2-3hours per day for like 10 days to get the paragon chest, and even then it's not 100% drop. I got mine in the 2nd paragon chest, but I seriously considered stopping had it not happened in that 2nd attempt.

Death's Advance paragon mounts are slow, but quick, since the only way to get that rep is to just do dailies every day.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Most of them are relatively easy to get. If you're doing it with a couple characters you're gonna get them within 1-2 weeks. Got all of mine between 1-20 attempst pretty much, with an outlier of bastion's covenant mount that took like 35ish

The worst part about Korthia is the Archivists' Codex paragon, because that rep takes 2-3hours per day for like 10 days to get the paragon chest, and even then it's not 100% drop. I got mine in the 2nd paragon chest, but I seriously considered stopping had it not happened in that 2nd attempt.

Death's Advance paragon mounts are slow, but quick, since the only way to get that rep is to just do dailies every day.
    Yeah thanks, I'm at like 15 tries on a LOT of rares there and have yet to hit on one, so just a bit of bad luck I guess.

Praise! Soundless gives me a lot more anxiety than other rares. It has a low drop rate, a long spawn timer, and can spawn in multiple locations so you can't really just "camp" and alt tab. So glad that hunt is finally over. (Had many more kills before I got Rarity).

Was genuinely considering giving up on that one had I not received it from this 2nd paragon box...archivists rep is crazy work and pain in the ass. Thankfully, there it is on the 2nd attempt:

This exact thing just happened to me. My second box(book) had this mount and the blue pet in it. Joy! Collecting up this rep was digustingly slow.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    This exact thing just happened to me. My second box(book) had this mount and the blue pet in it. Joy! Collecting up this rep was digustingly slow.
    Sadly, I have not gotten the pet. Worst case scenario I'll just buy it later. I'm getting close to my 3rd paragon chest just by doing Korthia for weekly renown + the ooze quests for achievements. Renown caps next week for Korthia content though, so if I don't get the pet in the 3rd I'll have to spend the 40k-ish on the pet probably
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Wow, multiple archivists' paragon chests in 9.1.0! That's insane, I always planned on doing it in 9.1.5 when rep will be dramatically easier to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Wow, multiple archivists' paragon chests in 9.1.0! That's insane, I always planned on doing it in 9.1.5 when rep will be dramatically easier to get.
    Content sometimes gets easier with time, but I personally don't play the game to wait for months and do the content once it's outdated, I prefer to do it when it's hot

Also, have not heard anything about archivist paragons getting easier. Is that just a guess or do we know something already?
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Man I'm literally 0 for Koritha rares in like 100 attempts on the various mobs, starting to feel bad about it lol. Got both of the grind ones, Mawshrooms and Eggs.

5+ Year Old Account
    I havn't got a screenshot, but was very very lucky to get the slow riding turtle from the card game.
    Just opened some packages which I got as a present from my brother.
    Dont play the card game at all, but would like the white rhino mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    I havn't got a screenshot, but was very very lucky to get the slow riding turtle from the card game.
    Just opened some packages which I got as a present from my brother.
    Dont play the card game at all, but would like the white rhino mount.
    Sadly they added that one to the Garrison with WoD ... so it's value is basically 0.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Sadly they added that one to the Garrison with WoD ... so it's value is basically 0.
    True.
    And the speed is veeeeeeery slow.

Also, have not heard anything about archivist paragons getting easier. Is that just a guess or do we know something already?
    Yes, there are a bunch of passive buffs you can get in 9.1.5 that make a ton more research drop in Korthia. Check 9.1.5 patchnotes.

Benefit of the riding turtle mounts is that they're water mounts that don't instantly dismount you when you leave the water. They're better than the water-only ones.

Was genuinely considering giving up on that one had I not received it from this 2nd paragon box...archivists rep is crazy work and pain in the ass. Thankfully, there it is on the 2nd attempt:

I am as of yesterday on 4 attempts for this guy. Usually if you get everything from treasures and most rares, you get an average of 800-1200 rep. Sometimes if lucky you can reach up to 2k. The rep is slow true but use the resources to get all conduits to max ilvl would be good before 9.2 comes out.

I didn't really want to farm this mount, but got lucky after ~16 tries this year (not sure how often I tried since TBC):

Edit: got lucky several hours later:

Last edited by Excaliban; 2021-10-20 at 10:42 PM.