Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    With Olivia Chow running for mayor next election, I strongly doubt he would win. She has the popularity of her late husband and the angry left youth on her side.

Eh.. At best he hasn't made things worse.
    And lets not forget the strongest point about Olivia chow.
    She's not addicted to crack cocaine.
    It helps a lot not being a junkie when running for mayor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    A Mayor is caught smoking crack and you ask what is the problem?
    Because the general consensus believes that any form of drug is wrong outside of alcohol... Baffling right?
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    Because the general consensus believes that any form of drug is wrong outside of alcohol... Baffling right?
    It is crack, not a bit of weed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, mayors seem to love crack

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 03:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    I feel stupid for even bringing this up. But you seriously think that alcohol or weed = crack in terms of damage and consequences of the drug short term and long term?

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rob-ford-crackstarter

It's hilarious that there's a fundraiser going on to pay the drug dealer for the video. Almost 40k raised so far.

National Post who's a big supporter of Ford (Unlike Toronto Star) is starting to question Ford. Obviously Toronto Star knows what's at stake for putting this story out. Even then, this originated from Gawker

Honestly, I'd be surprised if this video will still be intact a week from now. This drug dealer is about to make the deal of a lifetime, whether it's 200k or Ford nation paying him out to Calgary (Where the dealer wants to relocate)

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Toronto. It's almost as crazy as my town.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smoking crack is bad for your teeth. Why would you do that?

All I can say to this story is pfft.

Either A. The video is a very good fake, and it's going to make some grifters a lot of money and spark an endless barrage of "he-said she-said", which all politicians pretty much deal with on a daily basis, and it will have absolutely no influence on Ford's political career.

or B. The video is real; but Ford will end up pulling a Letterman, coming out with a heartfelt confession and plead for forgiveness, making the video worth exactly 0 cents.

EDIT: Also, he's long past the politicians retirement age of 10, so all he really has to do if it's true is resign and go to rehab and he's set for life.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-05-18 at 05:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by daltron View Post
    This drug dealer is about to make the deal of a lifetime, whether it's 200k or Ford nation paying him out to Calgary (Where the dealer wants to relocate)
    I've heard they're looking for 6-7 figures for it. I strongly doubt they'll get that.

15+ Year Old Account

Toronto mayor possibly smokes crack. Should we cough up the money for the video?

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hal...llor_says.html

I personally think that the selling of the video is pretty gross. Apparently the video was taken by Somali drug dealers in Etobicoke. (South west Toronto) If Toronto does have a mayor addicted to crack the people of Toronto should know. (I don't think anyone smokes crack just once and is done with it. Saying that he is addicted is speculation on my part). He is a pretty shitty mayor as far as I know, and has gotten away with some pretty crappy things in the past. He is consistently in the media for misconduct. He was almost removed from office at one point for a conflict of interest conviction. (It was appealed and he won). It all sounds like a bad movie to be honest lol.

Edit: Just to add on my stance is that: no, people shouldn't have to pay money to see something like this. It's pretty much all greed. 200 000 for a video like this is absurd.
    Last edited by Henock; 2013-05-19 at 08:14 AM.
    You make me smile with my heart.

Deleted
    Give a vast amount of money to dangerous drug dealing thugs? I see no downside.

Deleted
    Edit: Just to add on my stance is that: no, people shouldn't have to pay money to see something like this. It's pretty much all greed. 200 000 for a video like this is absurd.
    Whoever came up with that prize must have been...

smoking crack.

I'm sure a drugs test would be cheaper

10+ Year Old Account
    hard to believe the mayor of toronto is a crackhead considering how fat he is. if he is, hes some sort of casual "lfr hero" of the crack world or he hasnt been at it long

At this point Ford has had so many scandals, that I don't think another one would make any difference. Everyone who could quit supporting him has done so already, and everyone who still supports him simply doesn't care.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

A blood test for drugs costs something like 50 dollars. Do that instead.

Deleted
    Obama drinks alcohol, oh the humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonk View Post
    I'm sure a drugs test would be cheaper
    Cheaper and more conclusive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick update. It seems like the video is not gonna sell. 71k/200k with only 8 days left doesn't seem likely.

Here is the link to the sale. (lol @ calling it crackstarter)

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rob-ford-crackstarter
    You make me smile with my heart.

LOL at the apologists claiming "well alcohol!" yes, that's just like crack.

Also a few small points: The guy who is trying to sell the tape is doing so because, he claims, that he wants to change his life and get away after the second person in the video was murdered recently. Hard to believe a crack dealer, but your close associate getting murdered will do that to you.

And yeah, it's a big deal. One, because it's blatantly illegal and shows a flippant disregard for the law, of someone who is supposed to be leading it. Also, associating with such people is a pretty large warning sign there's going to be corruption right and left, left and right.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.