Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Where to visit in America?

Always wanted to go america for a week or so for holiday, i live in uk and am 23 near 24 atm, dont know why but always wanted to go to america but no idea were to pick, mostly would be walking around, hope to meet people, soak in some culture but clubs etc to,

Someone please take the N off american please in title lol
    Last edited by Binge; 2013-02-20 at 01:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a bit bias, but New York City. I've traveled all around and I still find it to be the greatest city in the world. See, bias lol

Deleted
    Anywhere but Detroit, that place is like Mad Max world.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I am a bit bias, but New York City. I've traveled all around and I still find it to be the greatest city in the world. See, bias lol
    I would have to agree with Reg, if you never been to times square I suggest checking it out.
    Also might be a bit bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yellowstone is an amazing place been twice myself.

It really depends on what you're looking for. Maybe you could provide a bit more info about what you like?

New York fits pretty much any bill. By any measure, it's one of the five or so most spectacular cities in the world. The thing is, the US has so many different types of places, that it depends what you want to experience. New Orleans would be another one I'd recommend, there's just so much amazing stuff there, friendly people, and other travelers to meet. Washington, DC is worth visiting for architecture and history. Chicago has its fine points.

But really... New York is awfully damned cool.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Visit the Mid-west. I live in the Ozarks or southwest Missouri that is. It has beautiful scenery and i think it is a great way to experience "American Culture". When my friends from China came and visited me they said it is a different experience, because of the simplicity. We have allot of hillbillys and rednecks but it is somewhat diverse, allot of nice people here too. Probably because its near or by the "Bible Belt".
    Also if you come here you will probably stick out like sore thumb. (I think this is a good thing, you will probably get allot of attention because of your accent.)
    That is the beauty of visiting another country, being different. :P
    Last edited by buddhapunch09; 2013-02-20 at 01:28 AM.

Come to Georgia, i'll show you were they filmed Deliverance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Come to Georgia, i'll show you were they filmed Deliverance
    Don't make the tourists squeal like pigs... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Orlando, FL. Or Yellowstone park.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Don't make the tourists squeal like pigs... lol
    Unless they're into that, of course...

10+ Year Old Account
    Charleston SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are so many places, but I recommend, if you want culture and nightlife, either New York or Chicago. Some might say Las Vegas but there is little nightlife there compared to the other two I mentioned.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can stay at my house. My mom makes some awesome hot-pockets, she puts cheese on top of them. Maybe we can also play some WoW too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida. You could find alot to do down there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    It really depends on what you're looking for. Maybe you could provide a bit more info about what you like?

New York fits pretty much any bill. By any measure, it's one of the five or so most spectacular cities in the world. The thing is, the US has so many different types of places, that it depends what you want to experience. New Orleans would be another one I'd recommend, there's just so much amazing stuff there, friendly people, and other travelers to meet. Washington, DC is worth visiting for architecture and history. Chicago has its fine points.

But really... New York is awfully damned cool.

Friendly people is always a bonus lol, wouldnt mind people stopping and talking to me beacause of my accent good convo starter, would like a place with a decent night life to for the first few days, then take a chilled approach and just really meet people, walk around and take everythink in, i did look at las vegas but it looks abit crazy at points

I've heard good things about Boston. Great people, great food and a lot of history.

San Francisco's another one that should be mentioned. I'm going to say San Francisco, New Orleans, or New York, depending on what you're looking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I've heard good things about Boston. Great people, great food and a lot of history.
    Charleston is like Boston with better weather
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    I really, really don't like Boston. The East Coast is pretty antisocial as a general rule (I live in DC), but Boston takes the cake.